BY DUNCAN HINES #10 in Cakes & Pies

• Perfect Size for 1 is an individually portioned pouch of cake mix – single-serving portions = no leftovers or waste.
  • Quick and easy – Made in a coffee mug in the microwave in about a minute. Warm, fresh-baked treat whenever you want it
  • 18 varieties with flavors for morning, afternoon or evening indulgences.
  •  Ease of customization – can be made with nearly any liquid (milk, juice, coffee, liquor, etc.) and accepts add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc.) – fail-proof!
  • No mess – no bowls or pans to clean!

Ingredients: Graham Cracker Crumbs (Wheat Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Molasses, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Honey), Sugar, Wheat Flour, Palm Kernel And Palm Oil, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Dried Whole Eggs, Wheat Starch, Cocoa Powder, Salt, Nonfat Dry Milk, Soy Lecithin, Whole Milk Solids, Cocoa Powder Processed With Alkali, Natural Flavors, Whey, Fruit Juice (Color).

ALLERGY INFORMATION:
CONTAINS WHEAT, EGGS, MILK, SOY

Amber V.
Lynchburg, VA
This is an easy microwavable snack that is perfect for when you are craving something sweet but don't want to make a whole cake.  This line is bit dry but still good.

The smores flavor was evident with chocolate chips and the cake base had a graham cracker flavor to it.  There were mini marshmallows but I don't feel they contributed to the taste.

I have tried this in several flavors, but will probably not purchase this flavor again.
Cami H.
Denver, CO
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I don’t usually go to Walmart for my snacks but wow. This is so good. My sister introduced me to this and I have boughten about ten of these and always keep my eye out for a sale to buy a ton. The other flavors are really good too! But this is probably my favorite flavor
Samantha P.
Kissimmee, FL
Soooooo Yummy! Very easy! I had one for a quick afternoon snack and it was just enough to not have seconds. It turned out better than I expected. The mixing had me a little skeptical but it turned out perfect! Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 S'mores Cake so good!
Kimberly M.
Greenville, SC
I love this one specifically because of the mini marshmallows! I like these for just a casual snack and to curb my sugar cravings. If you never had these, I would recommend trying any flavor.
Peggy R.
Milwaukee, WI
I'm usually a person who loves to make things from scratch! When my son wanted to try this. I was skeptical. Well I was wrong !!!! We have gone through 3 boxes I was so wrong!! It's not to sweet. To me there's no need for frosting. Very good buy!!!
kassede a.
Auburn
Bought this randomly and it was not a disappointment. I recommend adding a small scoop of ice cream on top. But only a small scoop or it gets soggy. Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 S'mores Cake
Kiki😈
I am writing this review because I don't understand the negative reviews. This is a traditional Duncan Hines box cake but scaled down to a personal size so you do need a egg, some butter with a little water. (One cannot make a decent without these ingredients) The cake was easy to make and the frosting was simple to mix. The cake is moist and the frosting has the right amount of sweetness that compliments the cake.

I am single and I was alone this year on Thanksgiving. I made this cake for my dessert with my homemade Cornish hen dinner. To me this cake is perfect because when I normally make a cake I can never finish it before it spoils. So if you like box cakes then give it try. I am looking forward to trying the other flavors. I have attached some photos of the little cake with the pop out cake pan that I thought was a creative concept.
16 people found this helpful
No it doesn't bake itself
ByWhite Sheepon April 10, 2017
Verified Purchase
Great little cake if you accept a few things. The main reason for buying these is the smaller portions, not because it's any easier than a box cake or tastes any better. I also to the point in life where a couple of servings is all I need. Do I prefer scratch cakes, yeah. But I like the convenience and the throw away pan. Sure you pay a little more, but why complain when you knew the price going in? Just think it through, use one bowl washing it in between, yes just wash it quickly by hand! Don't drag out the kitchen Aid, go buy an $8.00 small mixer if you don't have one, sometimes you need those. And if you don't know how to enhance a box cake, you have no right to complain about taste! Box cakes are fine for the dry goods but the wet is where it's at. Look online, learn about using milk instead of water, maybe a dab of sour cream and double butter in the cake for moistness and splash in a little vanilla or other appropriate flavoring. For the frosting, use vanilla or milk and add some cream cheese if you like, my point is box cakes are for ease of preparation or the newbie baker. I love these, I even wipe the cake down with my favorite appropriate liquor to make it even more moist, and ovens vary, never bake anything unless you know the true temp or how your oven cycles. I always bake cakes dropping the temp 10 degrees with my current oven and go by when it's done, not by a timer! Main point, know what you're buying and how to make it easier to do and how to make it taste better or go to a bakery. These little cakes like all box cakes are very good when you know that instructions are for newbies, you don't need to follow it to the letter. I have dozens of cake pans and at my age, I appreciate a simple cake I can do in my sleep and I don't have to wash the pan.
Evelyn R.
This duncan hines Perfect size for 1 is good to eat it chewy, soft, and good to eat and it comes in 4 individual pouches Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 S'mores Cake
Lydia F.
I was super excited to try out Duncan Hines' new Perfect for 1 mug cake mix! I've been making homemade mug cakes for years, and this looked so much more convenient, since I just had to add water and microwave for just over a minute.

I hate to say it, but I was really disappointed with my s'mores cake mix. It was bland and gummy white cake with no discernible flavor until you hit a bittersweet chocolate chip or tiny marshmallow. I couldn't taste any graham cracker flavor at all. The first time I made it I didn't measure the water and eyeballed it, so I assumed that's what led to the texture problem; but the second mug cake had the exact same gumminess.  For my second cake I also added  a mini Hershey's bar and some marshmallow fluff to help with the s'mores flavor. This ended up helping flavor-wise because it completely covered the non-flavor of the cake, which may as well have not been there. Unfortunately it also made the cake overly sweet.

I've tried Kodiak's minute muffins and flapjacks and while their texture isn't perfect either, they're SO MUCH better than this product. I'm hopeful that Duncan Hines' other flavors are better, but for not I'm sticking with Kodiak when I need a quick and warm sweet fix.
Rachel R.
Orange Park, FL
I just tried the Duncan Hines Perfect for 1 Brownie Mix and my only regret is that I didn't think to buy ice cream to top it with. Delicious and so fast and easy!!!
Heydi S.
Is the cake soft and fluffy?
Brooke G.
Norfolk, VA
How sweet is this? Does it come out dry and crumbly or moist?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Are these good? Are they worth trying?
Where do u find these?
Richelle R.
Is this one yummy?! It looks amazing