BY DUNCAN HINES #12 in Cakes & Pies

• Perfect Size for 1 is an individually portioned pouch of cake mix – single-serving portions = no leftovers or waste.
  • Quick and easy – Made in a coffee mug in the microwave in about a minute. Warm, fresh-baked treat whenever you want it
  • 18 varieties with flavors for morning, afternoon or evening indulgences.
  •  Ease of customization – can be made with nearly any liquid (milk, juice, coffee, liquor, etc.) and accepts add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc.) – fail-proof!

Ingredients: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Dried Whole Eggs, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Salt, Natural Flavors, Canola Oil, Cellulose Gum, Colored With (Vegetable Juice, Turmeric, Paprika, Fruit Juice), Modified Cornstarch.

ALLERGY INFORMATION:
CONTAINS WHEAT, EGGS

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
San dIEGO, CA
I received the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 in confetti cake flavor. In terms of preparation you absolutely cannot beat this, and I think this product was probably created for my exact demographic (mothers with no time who are into portion controlled foods.) Mix the cake mix with water, pop it in the microwave and in a little more than a minute it was done. Mine didn't rise exactly as high as I'd hoped but it did smell good. There was no icing in the box so I added a dollop of my own, which I did find necessary because the cake was a little dry. At 270 calories and 30 grams of sugar, it's wedged permanently into "occasional treat" mode and not something I would indulge in nightly, especially after I added the icing to lessen the dryness. Cake was pretty good, not super moist but it did the trick for me, in curing a sweet tooth. Also, I ate it all so that should speak for itself. I would definitely be willing to try other flavors of this product, so when it's available for sale I would explore that. Duncan Hines Perfect Size For 1 Confetti Cake
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
I received the Duncan Hines confetti cake for 1 and it was absolutely delicious! As far as preparation, you can't go wrong with this. I've seen the "mug recipes" on Pinterest, but they always seem like a hassle. Who has time to portion out all those ingredients?! With this product, I simply added milk (the recipe calls for water, but suggests trying milk) to the packet in my favorite coffee mug & microwaved it. In minutes I was eating a delicious serving of cake without the time consuming MESS of baking a whole cake. Speaking of...I don't know about you, but I don't like to waste food. Whenever I bake a cake, there's always some of it that doesn't get eaten. We are cake lovers in my house, but a WHOLE CAKE can be a bit overwhelming for us. This product is awesome for someone who wants a quick sweet tooth fix! I think the only way to improve would be to add frosting packets. It wasn't dry by any means, but it's cake so frosting is definitely a must! Duncan Hines Perfect Size For 1 Confetti Cake is delicious - definitely purchase this product!
Raquel W.
Raquel W.
I would like to think of myself as a mug cake connoisseur. I've made every dessert imaginable in a mug. The problem is, they are all good in a "I like desserts and NEED sugar, so this will have to do" sort of way. Nothing ever has the perfect texture or taste. And then came Duncan Hines, and they said, "Wait... we know how to make cake mixes that make AWESOME cakes. We can totally make this work in a microwave." And boy did they. My confetti cake was SO delicious. There were four of these packets in a box, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've eaten one a night for four nights since I got them. They are moist and fluffy and not gritty, and it tastes like an actual cake! I also love that they give you options, such as using milk instead of water. I checked out their website and there were so many great suggestions! I've already put these on my grocery list for next week. I just hope I can hold out until then!
Dani M.
Dani M.
Concord, NC
I received the confetti cake, and the best part is that it is super easy to make! I used milk instead of water in the mix, and I added chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles. The cake actually tasted better than I thought it would, (just like regular cake), and the texture was good too.
I think this is a good product for someone who likes cake but lives alone or is really watching their calories. To be honest, I doubt I will ever buy it, because I have two teen boys and a boyfriend, so a whole cake goes fast in my house. Also, I don't really like to cook in the microwave.
I will say that I love Duncan Hines products in general and will continue to buy them regularly....just not this particular one due to size.
***For some reason I can't add a photo right now but I will upload one as soon as I can!
Brianna D.
Brianna D.
Hawthorne, NJ
I purchased this product (the confetti cake and cinnamon cake flavors) from Walmart for $2.50. I tried the confetti cake last night and I really have nothing bad to say about this product! It tasted soooo good and was very easy and quick to make. I put it in the microwave for 1 min 10 sec and some of the batter towards the bottom of the cup was not cooked all the way so it could have used another 15 - 20 s or so. Other than that small issue, it was great and for sure worth the price I payed with 4 packets per box.
Alethea A.
Alethea A.
Toluca Lake, CA
Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Confetti Cake was really fun, fast, and easy to make. The harder part is trying to refrain from immediately making another one. I didn't find it as sweet as I would expect normal confetti/birthday cake to taste. I think I would under-cook it a little next time because my microwave is a little too powerful so my first try was a bit dry. I also like the mix-in suggestions and will be trying it with strawberries next. Maybe a little whipped cream too. I got this sample for free, but I'm not opposed to driving around a bit to find all of the other flavors. I wish they would become available at my grocery store so I could just get them with my weekly shopping. These would be a terrific little snack to make at work.
Ariana M.
Ariana M.
Oh. My. I got this to try compliments of Influenster, and truly, I'm in love. When I opened the box I thought, huh, this is going to be one pack of cake, but no, it was four packs! Add some water, stir, and pop in the microwave, and presto, cake! I got the confetti cake and I was worried it was going to be too dry or just really in need of frosting, but it was perfect without, and my fiance agreed too! So, here's to cake for one - a sweet treat when you don't have time to make or eat a whole cake! <3

10/10 will buy when I see it in stores and am looking forward to trying some of the other flavors, especially the chocolate cake!
Nicole G.
Nicole G.
Snow Camp, NC
I used to say that I would eat cake every day if I could, and now Duncan Hines has made that possible. I received a complementary box of the Confetti Perfect Size for 1 cake mix to review. These individually portioned mixes are perfect for people who want a quick snack and don't have the time to bake a whole cake. I use vanilla almond milk when I make mine, because it makes it more moist and flavorful. I've already purchased 4 more flavors so that I can try them all :)
Shelby G.
Shelby G.
This product in general is awesome! I love that when I have a sweet tooth, I can make something quick and in a reasonable portion to satisfy it. This is so easy to make - all you have to do is grab a mug, toss in the powder, then add some water (I used almond milk instead of water and it was spectacular!).

The confetti cake flavor is also great - tastes just like any other confetti cake I've had!

The only downside is that the cake comes out a little too moist. However, I'm sure if you alter how much liquid you add that may be able to be resolved.

Recommend!
Yari A.
Yari A.
My daughter LOVES these...i bought them for her when I seen them hit shelves at Walmart and ever since its her favorite dessert. She says why not make all cakes in a mug. Its conveniently a perfect portion for one and tastes more rich as a cake. I make mines with milk instead of water and its veryyyyy moist. Def recommend for kids who love cupcakes and just want something quick like this you can even add your frosting !
Afra U.
Afra U.
Ilford
Is his confetti cake nice?
Katelynn D.
Katelynn D.
Verona, PA
holy crap. I didn't even know these existed.!! how good are they.?! I might pick some up today
Arlette V.
Arlette V.
Doral, FL
Any recommendations of flavors? Wich one is the best?
McKayla K.
McKayla K.
I have never seen these. Are they any good? Do they come with frosting? Are they healthy?
Lakesha E.
Lakesha E.
Douglasville, GA
Are all the flavors available at Walmart or only certain flavors in certain areas?