BY DUNCAN HINES #1 in Cakes & Pies

• Perfect Size for 1 is an individually portioned pouch of cake mix – single-serving portions = no leftovers or waste.
  • Quick and easy – Made in a coffee mug in the microwave in about a minute. Warm, fresh-baked treat whenever you want it
  • 18 varieties with flavors for morning, afternoon or evening indulgences.
  •  Ease of customization – can be made with nearly any liquid (milk, juice, coffee, liquor, etc.) and accepts add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc.) – fail-proof!
  • No mess – no bowls or pans to clean!

Ingredients: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Palm Oil And Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Powder Processed With Alkali, Dried Whole Eggs, Wheat Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Cocoa Powder, Salt, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Whey Powder.

ALLERGY INFORMATION:
CONTAINS WHEAT, EGGS, MILK, SOY

• Oh my god where can I get these?????4 Answers
  • Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Chocolate Lover's Cake Who dont lo...1 Answers
  • Is this worth trying?6 Answers
JJ E.
JJ E.
This Duncan Hines chocolate lovers cake was a product in my Darling vox box. It was super easy to make and no mess at all. On the cake mix package the directions give you alternative suggestions on what liquid ingredient you can use to mix your cake batter. The chocolate lovers suggested water, milk, & last but not least cola! Yes there is excitement there about the cola as a mixing ingredient. I had never heard of cola being a ingredient before in making cake batter so I thought it was very unique & out of the box thinking on Duncan Hines end. I genuinely loved they put a fun not your average ingredient as a suggestion. Great work on that one Duncan Hines! I ended up going with water for my mixture. (I know boring.) I mixed up my ingredients into a coffee cup as suggested and then put the coffee mug into the microwave for recommended time. ( One minute ten secs.) I pulled the mug out of microwave and bam there was a little cake ready for one to enjoy. As it was cooling I was getting some toppings ready. I originally wanted whip cream & strawberries on top but I was out of straw berries. So I used whip cream and broke off pieces of chocolate from a plain chocolate bar. When it was done cooling I added my toppings grabbed a cup of silk and started eating the cake. The cake it's self was ok. To me it seemed to be a spongey consistency and kind of bland tasting unless it was a bite with the tiny little bitty chocolate chips then it had a little more taste. The chocolate chips were absolutely delicious. They melt like butter as soon as they hit your tongue. The chocolate chips was my favorite taste and texture rather then the sponge cake it's self. I absolutely loved how they suggested a few other liquids to mix the batter especially the cola. I should have mixed my cake with the cola..
These are just my own personal thoughts please don't let anything from this review not try the product yourself. We are all wired differently.
Thanks for reading my review. Best wishes to all.
Gemini M.
Gemini M.
I was really excited to try one of these Perfect Size for 1 mug cakes from Duncan Hines and was stoked to find out I was given one free in my Darling Voxbox for testing purposes. I had heard so many great things about them. But once I tried it, I was a little underwhelmed. The cake tasted ok but it was sooo rich and I didn't make it half way through before it seemed like a chocolate overload. I topped it with freshly cut strawberries and that seemed to help cut the sweetness but it was a struggle to finish it. I like chocolate but this was too much for me. I am interested in trying some of the other flavors tho. I used heavy whipping cream as my liquid to make my cake batter and I needed quite a bit more than the recommended measurement of liquid on the packet directions to make it less of a powdery sludge and an actual cake batter. I also had to microwave it quite a bit longer so that the cake actually "baked" and wasn't a gooey mess but I assume cooking time may have varied because of my choice of liquid and the amount. The cake texture was great though! So yummy and smooth. Not gritty at all. Just make sure you stir well. Also the clean up was a breeze! Just stuck the spoon I stirred with and the mug in the dish washer instead of tons of mixing bowls, measuring cups and mixing spoons. I would not recommend this cake flavor unless you really love chocolate but I would recommend trying the other flavors. Definitely going to use the coupon that came with it to try another flavor.
Mary S.
Mary S.
Morristown, TN
Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Chocolate Lover's Cake is something you have to try! Of course the brand itself is one of the best and a favorite in our family so I was excited to try this new product. I received this sampe product as a complimentary  sample in my Influenster Vox Box and was the first product to try out of the box! It came attached to a card with a coupon for our next purchase along with pictures of other varieties they have , which I can not wait to try like the Strawberry Shortcake! Below that is a caption that stands out.. "A warm treat in about a minute". Sowing how easy this is to mae quickly in the microwave! T
he mix itself lets you know u can substitute the water with coffee or Coa for different options..how unique and creative! On the back of the card is so much easy information on how easy it is to make n mess a warm treat and the directions which are very simple even my kids could make it! It also gives the ingredients and lets those with allergies know whats is n it that could be important for them separately. I decided to watch as my kids made this, and we went ahead and substituted the water for ola and added chopped walnuts too! In less than five minutes we had a amazing Duncan Hines Cake made in a mug that tasted just like any cake you would normally make in the oven, but made for one! Perfect for a snack at work, a late night teat,  or even a treat while enjoying a nice candlelight bath! It is best consumed warm and they say that on the card, we added a bit of cool  whip on top..and it was one wonderful treat! Though made for one, this time we all had a bit and smiles were all around the table! Can not wait to try more! The single pouches will be so very easy to throw in a lunch bag for work , on the go, or in a cup and made as a gift for a friend! Many possibility's and any flavors to choose from!

Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Phoenix, AZ
Duncan Hines out did themselves with the perfect size for 1 cake in a mug. I had the opportunity to try the chocolate cake, it was beyond delicious and not to sound cliche but it was the perfect size. I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream, yummy! It was very simple to make, no mess and best of all I got to enjoy it while it was warm. I love the fact that it didn't warm up my house to make as no oven was involved, living in AZ we don't like to use the oven during the summer months as it can get to 120 degrees and the oven on for 3 minutes could just boil our house so not having to use it but still getting a cake that tastes like an oven cooked cake is exciting for this Arizona resident. I also like it in the mug, it's much more personal and easier to lay claim on as this mom has to watch her goodies at all times out it's swooped up by kids, in a mug they have no idea well at least not at this point overall it's great tasteing, simple to make and extra divine to eat.
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
OMG! How amazing! I have always always had a crazy sweet tooth, and I have to admit after seeing these featured on Influenster I immediately went to my local Walmart Supercenter to purchase! Lol! They are amazing and absolutely perfect! O have always been a fan of the Delights which are little microwavable plastic bowls of different cakes, cookies and brownies, and I still am! But these are perfect! And unbelievably amazing! You prob wouldn't think a microwave Cake or Cookie would be so incredibly delicious and literally just like a Oven Baked Cake.....but these are! Super easy to make, super affordable and absolutely delicious! It takes less than 4 minutes, a little water and a microwave to be in Duncan Hines Chocolatey Heaven! And the amount, and size doesn't leave you feeling guilty!!! I love them, love sweets and these are perfect for lunch, on the go, or just when you need a mini cake to make your day better! I know I always do! Lol. My fiance and toddler love them too! Purchase! Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Chocolate Lover's Cake
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
I love Duncan Hines, and I've heard several great things about this product before I tried it, so I was excited to receive it. And the fact that I was given a Chocolate Lover's Cake sample? SCORE! The cake is super easy to make. You can't get much simpler than emptying the packet in a microwave safe mug, adding three tablespoons of milk (or water), stirring, and microwaving for one minute and ten seconds. Easy peasy! I would recommend removing the mug with a potholder because it's very hot and allow it to cool at least 3-5 minutes before eating. The cake was SO moist and delicious. There were tiny pieces of whole chocolate in the mix, so it was almost like eating a chocolate lava cake, with the tiny bursts of chocolate in every other bite. The sample is a good size for one person, and it definitely satisfies a sweet tooth craving. I like the individual portion size because it helps me stay on my diet without going overboard. Really awesome product! Try it!
Hollie E.
Hollie E.
This is definitely going on the shopping list!  This was so easy and fast.  This is a Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Chocolate Lovers Cake!  It's meant to be cooked in the microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds however, we don't use microwaves so I placed it in my mug in the convection toaster oven for 15 minutes on 350. It's so easy and quick. You can add 3 tablespoons of water, milk or even coffee then just stir and pop your mug in to cook.  I used 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to make it richer.  I also greased my mug so that I could turn it out like a real cake and add some powdered sugar and strawberries on top! It cooked wonderfully and tasted heavenly! The kids are already thinking of ways they could decorate their own small mug cake for themselves. Something I consider a plus is the 1 serving when you do not want a whole cake around the house to tempt you! I received this complimentary from Influenster for my honest review.  #HowPerfectIsThat #Contest #DarlingVoxBox @influenster @duncanhines
Cassie P.
Cassie P.
I was so excited to see the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Chocolate Lover's Cake in my free Darling Voxbox from Influenster...until I remembered that we don't currently own a microwave!  No worries!  My husband was out of town, my kids were in bed, and I put that chocolately goodness in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for about 20 mins and it came out great!  It had mini chocolate chips in the batter that added a really nice gooey, melt-in-your-mouth texture to each bite!  It was so easy to make with very little clean up and it really was the perfect size!  It was really tasty with whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and a glass of milk.  The one critique I would give is that they should add alternate heating instructions for people without a microwave.  I know their marketing strategy is selling it as a very quick, perfect size, microwave, mug desert, but I think it is just as marketable as a perfect size, easy to make cake for 1!  I would definitely recommend this product!
Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.
Reading, MA
Duncan Hines got it right with this Perfect for 1 Chocolate Lovers Cake.  My hubby and I have a great recipe for a 1 minute, egg-less chocolate chip cookie in a mug, but it takes time to prep all the ingredients.  So, I love the idea of opening a bag, plopping it in my favorite mug, adding a little milk and eating it 1 minute later.  This was delicious. Hubby and I shared it and I panicked the whole time thinking I wouldn’t get my share.  I mean, I feel like you can’t go wrong with Duncan Hines stuff.

I was totally bummed out by two things though:  (1) Coupon is on a gigantic piece of cardboard.  I felt like I needed to hire a professional body builder to help me cut through the cardboard, so not very convenient; and (2) Stop and Shop didn’t carry the product.  So, I’m going to have to hunt the neighborhood grocery stores if I’m going to purchase it. Wah!
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
Brooklyn, NY
OK first off this product seems easy to use at first. When I read the instructions, I fnoticed that there were eggs, soy, and milk. If you have kids with food allergies in your home, this may not be for you. Directions were easy enough: add 3 tablespoons of water to the mix once you've put it in a mug. Use a large mug. Stir until the batter is smooth. I found that I needed more than 3 tablespoons of water. The batter was still lumpy.I put the mix in my microwave for about a minute and a half. Take it out and let cool. Cake was very hot when I first took out of the microwave. I let it cool for a few minutes then dug in. I do not feel that even though the process was easy that this is it really worth the calories. The cake was OK, pretty moist but nothing that I can't do better with a regular cake mix. If you want something fun or as a gimmick in your house or just to keep your kids quiet when they want cake, this may be a good fit for you. I will not be purchasing this product but I don't want to stop anybody who is curious from trying to do so. I can see some people really enjoying this.
Amber M.
Amber M.
Missoula, MT
Is this dry? I have had issues with other mug cake mixes being very dry and almost grainy.
Is this worth trying?
Do they taste good?
Layssa M.
Layssa M.
Roma
Does it taste good? Does it come with chocolate chips?