BY DUNCAN HINES

• Perfect Size for 1 is an individually portioned pouch of cake mix – single-serving portions = no leftovers or waste.
  • Quick and easy – Made in a coffee mug in the microwave in about a minute. Warm, fresh-baked treat whenever you want it
  • 18 varieties with flavors for morning, afternoon or evening indulgences.
  •  Ease of customization – can be made with nearly any liquid (milk, juice, coffee, liquor, etc.) and accepts add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc.) – fail-proof!
  • No mess – no bowls or pans to clean!

Ingredients: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Palm And Palm Kernel Oil, Dried Whole Eggs, Wheat Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Dehydrated Carrot, Natural Flavors, Salt, Whey Powder, Fruit Juice (Color), Cinnamon, Nonfat Dry Milk, Soy Lecithin, Corn Syrup Solids, Organic Caramel Color, Pumpkin Powder.

ALLERGY INFORMATION:
CONTAINS WHEAT, EGGS, MILK, SOY

• How does this compare to a cake that has been baked in th...1 Answers
  • How to get a voxbox5 Answers
  • I'm a big time carrot cake fan! Does it taste the same? I...2 Answers
Abigail G.
I love this quick and easy mug cakes that are moist,bouncy,and crunchy outer layer, a great home movie snack that warms your spirit and has a great taist in all the flavors.It also does not stain your cup so you may use one of your cute cups for the insta. pic.
Alyssa M.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
These are actually pretty good just for one person it hits the spot they're easy to make and they come in a variety of different flavors. I would definitely purchase these again and recommend them.
Latoya J.
Macon, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I was a bit skeptical when I first saw the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 in the stores.  I felt like, "This could not taste like a real cake!" Well, I stand corrected.  When I read the directions, on the box of my Carrot Cake, and the amount of water or milk I should place in there, I said this may be a mess.  At the very end of the process, I was in shock.  To my surprise, everybody in the house helped me to eat.  It only took about 1.5 minutes to cook in the microwave.  That means, when I want some cake, and I need it portioned out, I can get this product.

Sometimes we tend to over-eat, because our eyes can be bigger than our stomachs.  If we have a whole cake, it can be tempting to eat and eat, and that can cause major issues with our health.  On the contrary, when there products like this Duncan Hines Perfect for 1 cakes, people can enjoy taste, and portion control.  I think Duncan Hines is onto something.

To be honest, this product reminded me of a nostalgic moment in my childhood, when I had my "Easy Bake Oven".  The packages remind me of that but BETTER!
Amanda F.
Madison, WI
First off, thank you Influenster for a sample of this product for review, even though they provided it the opinions are my own.

Ok, now the hard part, how the heck do I rate this? On the one hand, it is immensely easy to 'cook' and the taste is ok, a little sweet for my liking but that is carrot cake, it rides a very fine line between too sweet and perfect.

On the other hand, I bake, almost entirely from scratch and half the time from my own recipes rather than set recipes, and on the very rare occasion, I buy boxed mixes I usually walk away disappointed. Like I did this time.

I would rather go through the effort and make it from scratch then spend the money on something I find subpar. Granted I am a disabled housewife so I have the time to spend on baking. For someone who is working full time or just does not have the time to bake (or the desire) this could be a fantastic product. It is just very much so not for me.

If you found the cleanup to be a royal pain (I did, caked on cake for days) rub a bit of oil on your mug first or use non-stick spray, then it really will be as easy as it says!
Molly L.
Water Valley, MS
I received the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Carrot Cake complementary from Influenster for testing purposes.  I was excited to try it because I occasionally want a quick sweet bite to eat.  Mug cakes have never fancied my liking, and unfortunately this one wasn't much different.

Preparation was easy peasy but that is about all I liked about this product.  The texture was more spongy than moist and the taste was overly sweet.  I usually bake from scratch with fresh ingredients; I could tell this cake was flavored with many artificial ingredients.

Cleanup should have been easy, considering I only had to use a mug and a spoon.  Instead, the cake got stuck onto the mug and I had to soak it for quite some time.  If you use this product, I recommend spraying with non-stick cooking spray or coating the inside of the mug with oil before preparation.

Overall, I was disappointed in this product.  I would rather make a full cake, from scratch and with fresh ingredients before eating this artificial, rubbery cake.
Janelle R.
Atlanta, GA
I was looking forward to my mug cakes arriving. I've been cutting back on sugar but I thought because they were individual serving sizes it would make the perfect size dessert.

When I received the carrot cake, I was again excited because it's one of my favorites.

The instructions were easy to follow. So I poured the contents in and mixed in my milk. I waited my 1 minute and 10 seconds to cook and a few minutes to cool and was ready to dig  BUT when I did thats when my disappointment started.

It was cakey texture but it didnt really taste like anything. I also wish a had a little icing to top it off.

So I tried again but this time I doctored it up with some nutmeg and cinnamon and still, it just didn't do it for me.

If you want a quick dessert, I wouldn't recommend it. Just go a head a make a whole cake and share with friends. :)
Lacee L.
Gonzales, LA
WOW! This is a perfect treat! I love carrot cake, but i don't like baking a whole cake when i dont have anyone to share it with. Problem solved! How have i gone all these years without the 1 sized serving, that you make in the MICROWAVE?? Im so thankgul Influenster has choosen me to review this! I'm hooked!
Hannah B.
Church Hill, TN
I bought two packs, the Caramel Cake and Carrot Cake. Tonight my husband and I decided to try them! I picked carrot cake and he picked the caramel. I decided to spruce mine up with a little Duncan Hines Cream Cheese frosting because what's Carrot Cake without cream cheese frosting? It was delicious. The frosting really makes a difference for me because if I'm going to have cake, it needs frosting. Maybe Duncan Hines can improve it by adding little packets of frosting in the box (like how toaster strudels are packaged with frosting). I also love that it's a one person dessert, that way I don't eat 5 pieces of a larger cake! It's enough to satisfy your sweet tooth and I think it's delicious.
Portia T.
Ionia, MI
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Duncan Hines Perfect size for 1 Decadent Carrot Cake is moist, fluffy, and delicious. This cake is so simple to make that I let my 6 year old daughter and four year old son make one each for themselves. All you have to do is pour the cake mix in a microwavable cup, add three tablespoons of water[or milk], stir, and microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds. Duncan Hines Perfect size for 1 in the Decadent Carrot Cake flavor actually taste like a cake you baked in the oven unlike other cake mixes that don't quite taste right. I can't wait to try all the other flavors and share them with my kids. This cake mix is perfect for me time or family time. I sampled this product free but my opinions are my own.
Jaclyn S.
I got this free in my latest voxbox, in carrot cake, and I was underwhelmed. I want easy. I want flavor. This cake cannot stand alone. It's a lot of calories for not a lot of reward. To make it the "decadent" description on the box, you need to accessorize. Icing, chocolate, ice cream...something. I tried to make a cream cheese icing, and failed horribly, remembering why i don't so baking stuff. I buy mine all premade. This would be better if they went and added a packet of icing to drizzle over each cup. Your choice to use or not, but it would really have enhanced it. Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Carrot Cake
How to get a voxbox
Emina M.
Pinellas Park, FL
Is this actually worth it?
Kimberly L.
New Tazewell, TN
I'm a big time carrot cake fan! Does it taste the same? I've seen these in my Wal-Mart I get so tempted to buy one.
Cris H.
Mc Clure, OH
How does this compare to a cake that has been baked in the oven? And if making for a 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦family 🍨 🍮 dessert, could multiple mugs be made at the same time? Or would a traditional cake be more pra
kacterine g.
Doral, FL
It looks delicious yumi I want to try them all