Add a Photo

Photos (8)
Anna H.
Anna H.
Washington, NJ

This is a great invention! It makes for much more interesting and unique home made cakes! The steps are well written and easy enough for 6 year old to understand! My cousin thinks its the best thing in the world to choose what color cake we want to make so if she is happy I am happy. Duncan Hines hit it out of the park!
Marie M.
Marie M.
Truro, NS

These are an awesome way to flavor your icing. They taste delicious and have many different flavours to choose from. These are perfect for childrens birthday parties or even just for a sweet tooth!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Winslow, AZ

This is helpful if you want a really artificial flavor to your frosting. I like homemade frosting better.
amanda w.
amanda w.
Powell, TN

Some of the flavors taste really good but if you get a flavor you don't like your out about 5 dollars instead of about 3 dollars. Most flavors are okay but there not the best ive ever tried there just okay
Lisa-Marie P.
Lisa-Marie P.
Orillia , Ontario

So many flavors to choose from! its fun for the kids and its a good touch to change the flavors of your cake. I dont remember how much this was, but I remember it being a little bit more then normal chocolate or white frosting
Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Riverside, CA

I'm beyond confused as to why this sells, if it does. Sure the frosting is fine in a pinch, it tastes like canned frosting. But all of those packets are is a bunch of maltodextrin, chemicals, and petroleum based dyes. If I was in a position to used canned frosting, I think I'd flavor it on my own.
Denise R.
Denise R.
Rochester Hls, MI

I wasn't a big fan of the few flavors I tried - they just don't taste right. I do purchase the base frosting though. It's a larger size than the "normal" pre-flavored ones and I add my own coloring and flavors to that and it works great.
Becky F.
Becky F.
milwaukee, wi

Nice to have different flavors but the after taste is horrible.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Butler, GA

I am a professional baker. I do this for a living. I love coming up with new and creative flavors to keep my customers interested and coming back for more. So I thought I would give it a try. There is really nothing better than from scratch frosting. The can stuff just doesn't do it even with the flavorings. Even with my own frosting for a base and adding the flavor packets to it, it just tasted artificial and is not something I could give a paying customer.
Koey e.
Koey e.
Fort Smith, AR

I love these things there so fun to add new flavors to frosting. Also they have more color options than buying store made. They are really strong too
Maya W.
Maya W.
Plano, TX

Do they have good flavors, or are they really artificial?
Teddi K.
Teddi K.
I have only tried the peppermint flavor last year for christmas and it tasted pretty minty to me, not too fake, i'd try other flavors.
Ieesha H.
Ieesha H.
Lithia Spgs, GA

I have never tried the Duncan Hines frosting creations before, for those of you that have tried it what the best flavor the begin with? Thanks
Dawn A.
Dawn A.
I have only tried the Chocolate Marshmallow flavor and it was pretty good! I used it on chocolate cupcakes.... yum!
India H.
India H.
Lexington, TN

Are the flavors any good?
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
I liked the vanilla
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Allentown, PA

Are the flavors good? I mean do they taste good or are they just color?
Angela C.
Angela C.
I haven't liked any of the flavors I've tried. Heck, my kids even told me it was nasty. Good idea, but poor execution.
Jayne K.
Jayne K.
Grosse Pointe, MI

Has anyone tried to do anything with these flavor packets besides put them in the duncan hines frosting? Do they taste good in cool whip for example?
A K.
A K.
I have personally used one of these flavor packets to color and flavor hard tack/rock candy that I made. I saw a suggestion online for it after someone else did it, and used the cotton candy one. It's of course very sweet, as cotton candy and rock candy are. But I don't see why any of these packets can't be used to make that kind of candy. You'd just use a packet of this instead of food coloring and/or flavor extract. Sorry I can't say whether they're good for anything else, as I do not have any further experience.

Join Now