BY DUNCAN HINES #34 in Cake & Baking Mixes

The Duncan Hines Promise: The best cakes begin with the best batter. Duncan Hines promises a smooth, velvety batter for a perfect cake every time.Recipe: Chunky Chocolate Cookies. see more...

Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
I love chocolate cake and I love the Duncan Hines brand. Not only do they offer a great chocolate cake mix; they also have other great flavors such as white, carrot, and red velvet. I highly recommend them
Marissa H.
Norristown, PA
So I’m a pastry chef. I don’t really reach for these but I have to say... Duncan Hines is delicious. It’s a solid moist cake and I highly recommend the brand. It’s a time saver and there’s no shame in a box cake.
Tiffany L.
OCALA, FL
Very good flavors. The chocolate is a rich flavor that is just so chocolatey and delicious. Duncan cake can overbake easy and must measure correct or it wont be moist.
Brandi H.
Jonesboro, AR
I never turn chocolate down! This cake mix is a great mix to use as directed or to mix up a bit. I like to add coconut milk in a can in place of water and some sour cream to moisten it to make a coconuty/chocolate delicious treat! Make as a sheet cake, as a two layer cake or as cupcakes - it doesn't matter what you do - it will be great.
Christina T.
Kingston, OK
The only cake mix I will ever make is Duncan Hines I love Duncan Hines cake mixes. Super easy to make. Really super moist. I make mine with olive oil. I feel like it taste better with olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
Carina D.
This mix is not necessarily my favorite (I prefer Pillsbury) but it does a decent job for a quick cake job! I do wish the mix made the cake less dry and more moist but at least the chocolate flavor is still good enough.
Sarah S.
Silver Lake, OH
If you're needing to make a rich dark chocolate cake from a mix, this is the perfect mix for you. It's delicious if you make it according to the directions, but it's great customized as well. Sometimes I make it as a pop cake with Cherry Coke, and I've made it with a bottle of chocolate stout beer too and it was amazing that was as well.
Heather S.
Wilmington, DE
If you like chocolate cake, you will love this! My parents made a cake from this for me, and it had such a good chocolate flavor and moist consistency that we had to go look in our recycle bin to see which brand and flavor we were eating. Our new favorite.
Camille W.
I love baking cakes and Duncan Hines is one of my all time favorites. I usually like to make a chocolate fudge cake for my son's birthday, he loves licking the spoon and always wants to help put the frosting on. Can't get enough of this cake!
Stephanie G.
Odenton, MD
Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix?! Yes please! I love this mix in cupcake form, paired with a fluffy milk chocolate frosting. It is easy to prepare and tastes amazing. I usually purchase this mix from my local grocery store. I make these all of the time!