Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix

Features Duncan hines Classic cake mix Butter golden Case of 12 Ingredients Sugar enriched bleached wheat flour flour niacin reduced iron thiamine mononitrate riboflavin folic acid vegetable oil shortening partially hydrogenated soybean oil propylene glycol mono- and diesters of fats mono- and diglycerides. Contains 2% or less of - Leavening sodium bicarbonate monocalcium phosphate dextrose modified food starch salt cellulose gum artificial flavors colored with yellow 5 lake red 40 lake. Allergy information - Contains wheat Directions Directions you will need ½ cup water 3 large eggs 7 tbsp. Softened butter pan size / bake time 2 8: 26-31 minutes 2 9: 22-27 minutes 13 x 9 in. 26-31 minutes bundt - 33-36 minutes 24 cupcakes - 18-21 minutes baking instructions preheat oven to 350°f for metal or glass pans 325°f for dark or coated pans. Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening or oil spray. Flour lightly. (use baking cups for cupcakes.) blend cake mix water softened butter and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately. Bake following chart below. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

Has the Butter Golden cake mix been discontinued? I have not been able to find it locally for the last few weeks.
Start your review of Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix!
Maika R.
Brooklyn, NY
Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix uploaded by Maika R.
Purchased at: Target
This is a good tasting cake mix. Its quick and easy to assemble. The instructions are clear and when followed you will have a delicious, soft and moist cake. I buy these and make during the holidays or when I want a quick dessert. You can make cupcakes and cake pops from this box also.
Vicki H.
Richmond
I am so disappointed with this mix. I have used only Duncan Hines Butter mixes for 30 years. I have always recommended them to friends and have had success baking them until the past year or two. When the directions changed,  now calling for 7 tablespoons of butter rather than a whole stick, the whole cake changed. It rises then falls, it crumbles and breaks apart, basically it is a disaster!  The flavor is still my favorite but I will have to find a substitute if they don’t go back to the original recipe. 😢
Tania E.
Purchased at: Walmart
I like this cake mix to make my cakes for my no-birthday parties for my children.. they want to have parties everyday!! I add a teaspoon of real cocoa powder, vanilla extract, three eggs, 3/4 cups of milk and the 7 spoons of butter. tastes like gourmet cake. my children love dinosaurs and we throw a dino party every Friday and we sing the happy no birthday to you song :'D Feliz no cumpleaños a ti.. lol
Sabrina V.
Greensboro, NC
Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix uploaded by Sabrina V.
Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix uploaded by Sabrina V.
Great option if you don't know how to bake a cake from scratch or if you don't have the time to do it! I followed the instructions exactly and my cake came out perfectly golden, fluffy and moist! I recommend this!
Samantha C.
Frederick, MD
Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix is one of the best cake mixes out there. I love how easy it is to make. The batter is creamy and airy, being careful to not over mix. The air pockets make for a very moist and delicious cake. All of the varieties are delicious
Brandy G.
Van Wert , OH
Purchased at: Walmart
This is my favorite box cake, Duncan Hines butter cake. It is very moist. Freezes well and when thawed tastes as fresh as the day it was made. A box of this cake mix is inexpensive costing less than $2. You can find this at most grocery stores.
Melissa B.
Boca Raton, FL
This cake mix is the best!! I prefer the mixes that use butter over oil. I feel like the flavor is so much better! Simply delicious!! Highly recommend!
Alicia W.
Kersey, PA
Great taste and quality! It’s an easy go to when you don’t want to make it from scratch
Gizmo B.
Favorite cake mix only problem is it requires a stick of butter which is no bueno. I recommend using yogurt in place of that but then it's not the same cake. Once in awhile good to splurge😁
Linda M.
Only cake mix I will use for my family’s favorite pineapple upside down cake! It’s always moist and bakes up fluffy and tasty!