BY DUALTONE

Audio Mixer: Kein Augunas. The Lumineers, a folk-rock trio out of Denver, Colorado, have a pretty interesting sound, an Americana mesh of folk, rock, and gospel that is similar in tone to the Waterboys, say, or an alt-folk version of Bob Dylan circa Desire, thanks in no small part to Neyla Pekarek's inventive cello. And there are some very good tracks on this debut album, including the chamber honky tonk of "Dead Sea," the delightfully goofy but then ultimately sad and elegant "Submarines," and "Stubborn Love," which manages to be bright and chiming while also being haunting and mournful. Not everything here clicks together at that level, but each track is inventive, and when the songwriting and arrangements cross paths perfectly, as they do in the above songs, this is a delightful band. ~ Steve Leggett see more...

Dualtone The Lumineers - The Lumineers [Digipak]

Start your review of Dualtone The Lumineers - The Lumineers [Digipak]!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Thia B.
Chattanooga, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Was gifted this and have to admit I'm not a fan at all of them. Not into folk music and probably won't listen to anymore of their music.
Amber O.
De Soto, MO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this album. I have been listening to them religiously. This album always puts me in a great mood. Highly recommend trying it out.
Madee M.
Jackson, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Lumineers are great. Sometimes I don't know what they are singing about but the melodies are great and catchy. This is a well made album. I would highly suggest anyone with a love for folk music to give this a listen. Hopefully you will agree with me.
Anne M.
Sacramento, CA
awesome album! if you're a huge fan of the neighbourhood, you'll definitely love the lumineers! i'm typically not a fan of these slower music vibes but this album is everything! every song is awesome and has something different to offer. 10/10 would recommend!
Alyssa S.
Sicklerville, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Personally love this band so much. I think they make music that delivers a great message. I think everyone should give this band a shot as they are one of my favorite.
Emma R.
Charlotte, NC
Beautiful album. The sound is interesting, just on the edge of known and unknown. The mix of songs is great as well. Some slow, some more upbeat.
Perfect for a road trip playlist.
Samantha S.
Table Rock , NE
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
We listened to their song 'Ho Hey' from Oklahoma to Nebraska because it was our 1 year olds favorite song. I can still listen to it without it getting old.
Nicole F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I absolutely love this entire album. It's definitely a nice change from everything playing on the radio now. The album has a nice mix of slow and upbeat songs. I enjoy listening to this when I want something soothing and mellow.
Kaley G.
Boyne City, MI
I came across the Lumineers through Spotify before they got really popular! I absolutely adore everything about this album! I love the folk style music I love the lyrics their voices are fabulous this Will always be one of my favorite albums!
Nate P.
Cushing, ME
Love this album by the Lumineers! Been listening to them for awhile. The songs never get old!
Mara H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's your favorite song and why?