BY DUALTONE

Audio Mixer: Kein Augunas. The Lumineers, a folk-rock trio out of Denver, Colorado, have a pretty interesting sound, an Americana mesh of folk, rock, and gospel that is similar in tone to the Waterboys, say, or an alt-folk version of Bob Dylan circa Desire, thanks in no small part to Neyla Pekarek's inventive cello. And there are some very good tracks on this debut album, including the chamber honky tonk of "Dead Sea," the delightfully goofy but then ultimately sad and elegant "Submarines," and "Stubborn Love," which manages to be bright and chiming while also being haunting and mournful. Not everything here clicks together at that level, but each track is inventive, and when the songwriting and arrangements cross paths perfectly, as they do in the above songs, this is a delightful band. ~ Steve Leggett see more...

Kaley G.
Boyne City, MI
I came across the Lumineers through Spotify before they got really popular! I absolutely adore everything about this album! I love the folk style music I love the lyrics their voices are fabulous this Will always be one of my favorite albums!
Samantha S.
Table Rock , NE
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
We listened to their song 'Ho Hey' from Oklahoma to Nebraska because it was our 1 year olds favorite song. I can still listen to it without it getting old.
Emma R.
Charlotte, NC
Beautiful album. The sound is interesting, just on the edge of known and unknown. The mix of songs is great as well. Some slow, some more upbeat.
Perfect for a road trip playlist.
Rachel B.
Grand Rapids, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this cd! I love folk music and let me tell you he lead singers voice is amazing!! So different and soulful
MaryCaroline G.
Charlotte, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Their music isn't stellar. It's great to use as 'white noise' when you're studying or reading, because it's not distracting and it's rather slow and relaxed. Wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for upbeat or interesting music to listen to.
Alyia R.
Kissimmee, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Sonically this album is stunning. Very unique, and the vocals give me goosebumps. I would highly recommend to young and old listeners. I have a feeling the Lumineers are going to get very big very fast!
Nate P.
Cushing, ME
Love this album by the Lumineers! Been listening to them for awhile. The songs never get old!
Emma T.
Bellmawr , NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Literally five starts, can we give them six cause come on this album is amazing! every song is better than the last and it will never get old. Such a great band to listen to and i would recommend it to anyone just great lyrics and the instrumental aspects are killer
Mara H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love ❤️ this album. I listen to every song without skipping and I love every one. It's one of those albums that make you feel everything while you're singing and dancing along while you're wiping your tears away.
Nicole F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I absolutely love this entire album. It's definitely a nice change from everything playing on the radio now. The album has a nice mix of slow and upbeat songs. I enjoy listening to this when I want something soothing and mellow.
Mara H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's your favorite song and why?