BY DUALTONE

Audio Mixer: Kein Augunas. The Lumineers, a folk-rock trio out of Denver, Colorado, have a pretty interesting sound, an Americana mesh of folk, rock, and gospel that is similar in tone to the Waterboys, say, or an alt-folk version of Bob Dylan circa Desire, thanks in no small part to Neyla Pekarek's inventive cello. And there are some very good tracks on this debut album, including the chamber honky tonk of "Dead Sea," the delightfully goofy but then ultimately sad and elegant "Submarines," and "Stubborn Love," which manages to be bright and chiming while also being haunting and mournful. Not everything here clicks together at that level, but each track is inventive, and when the songwriting and arrangements cross paths perfectly, as they do in the above songs, this is a delightful band. ~ Steve Leggett see more...

Madee M.
Jackson, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Lumineers are great. Sometimes I don't know what they are singing about but the melodies are great and catchy. This is a well made album. I would highly suggest anyone with a love for folk music to give this a listen. Hopefully you will agree with me.
Alyssa S.
Sicklerville , NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Personally love this band so much. I think they make music that delivers a great message. I think everyone should give this band a shot as they are one of my favorite.
Emma T.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Literally five starts, can we give them six cause come on this album is amazing! every song is better than the last and it will never get old. Such a great band to listen to and i would recommend it to anyone just great lyrics and the instrumental aspects are killer
Kaley G.
Boyne City, MI
I came across the Lumineers through Spotify before they got really popular! I absolutely adore everything about this album! I love the folk style music I love the lyrics their voices are fabulous this Will always be one of my favorite albums!
MaryCaroline G.
Charlotte, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Their music isn't stellar. It's great to use as 'white noise' when you're studying or reading, because it's not distracting and it's rather slow and relaxed. Wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for upbeat or interesting music to listen to.
Nicole F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I absolutely love this entire album. It's definitely a nice change from everything playing on the radio now. The album has a nice mix of slow and upbeat songs. I enjoy listening to this when I want something soothing and mellow.
Mara H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love ❤️ this album. I listen to every song without skipping and I love every one. It's one of those albums that make you feel everything while you're singing and dancing along while you're wiping your tears away.
Alyia R.
Kissimmee, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Sonically this album is stunning. Very unique, and the vocals give me goosebumps. I would highly recommend to young and old listeners. I have a feeling the Lumineers are going to get very big very fast!
Autumn S.
Franklin, PA
I really love this album. It's one you can sit down and listen to in full and just enjoy the music. It's indie-folk, and I'll be honest, most of the songs do blur together. If you like one (excluding Ho Hey) you'll probably like them all. My favorite is Dead Sea.
Emma R.
Charlotte, NC
Beautiful album. The sound is interesting, just on the edge of known and unknown. The mix of songs is great as well. Some slow, some more upbeat.
Perfect for a road trip playlist.
Mara H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's your favorite song and why?