BY DRYBAR

A rich cream that moisturizes, smooths, and adds shine to thick, coarse, and highly textured hair. Recommended for thick, coarse, curly, and extremely textured hair, Velvet Hammer Hydrating Control Cream makes stylng a breeze. The moisture-rich formula softens, smooths, and adds amazing shine while controlling flyaways for soft hold and definition. Pracaxi oil prevents frizz and delivers radiance, soy proteins retain moisture, improve elasticity, and protect from damage, and cetyl esters smooth hair and provide a cushiony, silky touch. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is cruelty-free. see more...

Buy on Sephora*
Danielle W.
LOVE!! My hair is forever dried out. I don’t even color it but for some reason it always looks so fried. I try to refrain from using heat products to protect it but then it just looks awful. This product has finally helped hydrate it. I can wear my hair natural without looking like a mess. My waves look so much healthier. It’s worth every penny.
Sarah C.
Charlottesvle, VA
I bought this based on the reviews online. Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my 3bcurls. It just doesn't offer much control at all and does nothing to help with frizz. It is pretty heavily fragranced. It does not leave any sort of gross residue and it's not crunchy. The packaging is attractive and I like that it's cruelty free, but for the price I needed it to do more than it does.
Kari L.
Saginaw, MI
This is one product i regularly use, it’s great because my hair is really dry and it helps control/moisturize it. I would say I have normal/drier hair (because I’ve processed it a lot) but this cream makes a huge difference!! Also helps my hair and prevents it from getting all knotted and tangled throughout the day.
Brooke 🌻.
I really like this hair product. You get a lot of product and it’s worth the value. It makes your hair super soft but not heavy. It also smells great. I would buy again.
Anush K.
Glendale, CA
The scent is incredible. I use this before I blow dry my hair or even after the shower when I don't want to blow dry my hair. It takes my hair so that I won't have frizz and leave it au naturale
Phoebe N.
London, UK
I love this! It makes your hair so soft and leaves it with an amazing smell like you just came from the salon. Drybar products never disappoint and I would definitely recommend this even if it's a little expensive
Olivia R.
Manhattan, KS
This cream is great for curly hair. I try almost every product on the market for curly hair and I can never find things that work for it. But using a bit of this when get out of the shower, gives your curls a full day of hold and moisture. But the best part? NO FRIZZ! It is amazing and so worth the price for this amazing product.
Rachel C.
Best thing to control my curls. Smells so good and takes my frizz. I wish it came in a bigger bottle because I need to use a lot since I section my hair to use it and I have a lot of hair. Otherwise a great product
Jessica C.
N Las Vegas, NV
This stuff is SO GREAT! I dyed my hair maybe a couple months ago and my hair got very dry. I tried everything and it didn't do the trick. Velvet hammer gives it a healthy look, it's not to pricey, but so worth it!
Emma S.
Sarasota, FL
I have extremely thick, curly, long hair. This battles all of my frizz and leaves my hair weightless. It smells so fresh like you just came from the salon. It is a bit pricey, but totally worth it.
Amelia C.
I have curly hair so I'm looking for a product to apply to my wet hair to help straighten and smooth before blowing it out. Would this product be suitable?