BY DRYBAR

A handbook for at-home hairstyling tips and tricks from Drybar founder Alli Webb, plus inspirational photographs and step-by-step tutorials. If you want to know more…The Drybar Guide To Good Hair For All is the ultimate handbook for at-home hairstyling from Drybar founder Alli Webb. A long-time stylist and life-long curly-haired girl, Alli along with her husband Cam Webb and brother Michael Landau opened the very first Drybar in 2010 to offer great blowouts in a fun atmosphere that made women look (and feel) their very best. Now, with nearly 60 shops across the country and over a million beautiful blowouts a year, Alli shares her tried-and-true tips and tricks in three in-depth sections featuring more than 100 style-inspiration photographs and step-by-step tutorials. Bright, happy, and loaded with style and substance (just like you), this book will give readers everywhere a good hair day at home. see more...

Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
The book review after a quick edit: I did my hair step by step with the blow dryer, curlers, all my favorite products and most of all these techniques and I've never been able to get straight, smooth hair from only blow drying. I'm amazed. This book is the best thing that ever happened to me.
I have very tight curls that are also very frizzy. Just past shoulder length and very thick. Its also damaged with split ends and breakage. I usually rough dry completely and then flat iron with my ghd platinum. And I did follow up with that but I wouldn't have been upset at all leaving the house with it blow dried. This book helped me figure out how to do things to my hair that I'd been trying to figure out for 15 years now.
Book review: I read this entire book, every word of it, in an hour. I received an autographed (by the author and founder alli webb, as pictured above) copy of this book (along with a $500 drybar gift card and the entire capsule collection which is a collection of drybar branded and hair quoted shirts, high low tanks, sweaters and totes) for my 10,000 point reward from sephora. I didn't really know what to expect from this book. I absolutely love the brand of products and its the main brand I use while styling my hair. I use almost every styling product they offer. But I was thinking they were an entire salon and that's not the case, so when I found out what they were I wasn't interested in going to their dry bar really and am going to spend my gift card on tools and products completely instead. But I was interested in the book. After doing some research they offer some core styles at their dry bar locations. You pick one and that's what you get and every one is happy. No miscommunication. Its great. So I didn't know what this book was about but its perfect really.
I'm not a hair dresser. And if you are this book probably won't do you any good. Or if you are a pro at doing your hair you probably want to skip this. But for me ive been battling my spiral and thick, frizzy curls my entire life. Just like alli but way curlier.
She starts off with why she understands girls like me and our suffering. It really makes it easy to identify with her and almost makes it seem like shes talking to you. Whoever wrote this in the end, whether it was her or a ghost writer did an amazing job at writing this. It's fun and easy to read. There's a lot of emotion and fun and not just technical dribble that can make you fall asleep pretty quickly.
She goes over exactly how to achieve each style they offer at home with what tools and products and what type of products they are so you can use what you have if you don't have or want to go out and buy drybar products although it obviously was slightly sales pitchy. But why wouldn't it be. This is her business. And she says it more than once that you can use this instead of this or do this instead of that so you don't feel like you can't achieve these looks without her products so its not like an infomercial you're reading thank goodness.
She talks about every hair type and how to blow dry them. Almost. All of them except for hair like mine.
Ive never been able to blow dry and call it a day. I think its impossible because no stylist has been able to either so I think it was conveniently left out of this book so she didn't have to address the fact that a blow dryer can't tame everyone's tresses.
I have extremely curly and frizzy hair. If you have even curlier and ethnic hair you're probably on the same page as me. Its the reason I never would have purchased this book for myself. Because I can't identify with some straight haired, blonde haired, thin haired white girl on the cover (I am white, but my hair might as well be Just about ethnic).
She opens with how she battled with her curls her entire life and shows a pic of her as a teen with frizzy, long spiral curls. But when she starts one of the looks with how to blow dry her hair type and she shows the natural state of it, it's wavy and frizzy but still thin-ish at most.
I still think this book comes in handy though. I'm definitely going to give these blow drying tips a try. And even if they don't work as follows after I purchase the buttercup blow dryer, the 3 day bender, all the other products I don't have and the replacement products I need, at the end of the day there's some great direction for building more volume with the blow dryer even for my hair that I will have to flat iron before continuing with curling or whatever the directions for each style call for. But these are pretty easy to understand with numbered written out steps correlating to a numbered picture so I can easily work out how to do this even if I have to add a few steps and just pick up where I left off.
Either way, this is an amazing book for those of us in a hair style slump. Every type of down do you could think of is tutorialed in here and there's even a few updos or "uptinis" as they call them at the drybar, as well as second day and dirty hair fixes and tricks and tips to get your blow dry to last days or refreshen it. Along with tips and tricks to keep your hair healthy for every hair type and the q & a to questions we've all asked our stylist or would if we were there getting our hair done, this book literally covers everything in a very quick and interesting way that's fun to read and easy to understand.
It's well written and well edited except for the two spelling blunders in the very beginning but I can find a couple of those in almost any book.
The hardcover is gorgeous. The pages are thick. There's no protective book jacket and that's a bit frustrating, but for what the book costs its not a deal breaker. I think its very worth it and that every girl should own it.
I totally recommend.
Katelyn M.
Romeoville, IL
A cute, easy read. Gorgeous photos and tips to get a blowout at home. I love going into DryBar and am admittedly horrible with a blow dryer at home. While I will never have the perfection they give me there’s some valuable tips, tricks, and styles for doing your hair at home. Perfect for hair lovers and blowout junkies! Drybar Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detanglerdrybar® Hot Toddy Heat & UV ProtectantDrybar Detox Dry Conditioner
Suzanne M.
Fort Worth, TX
Wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it, but it is adorable! Goes through everything you need to know for a blowout. Covers all the tools, products, hair types and more. Then it does into detail how to create all of the Drybar signature looks.
Emily N.
Dublin, OH
A nice treatise on basic hair care and styling. My mom's hair is a lot thinner and shorter than mine, so what works for her flops on me immediately. I like how this book keeps hair thickness in mind and has tips for dealing with it.
Taylor C.
Omaha, NE
LOVE this book! After experiencing Drybar this is a great guide to achieving the perfect blow out at home. I probably use the book about once-twice a month to blow out my hair. Great buy if you don't live near a Drybar but want to experience a blow out!
Natalie A.
So much fun and a good coffee table book for my apartment! Useful tips and great photos make it a fun purchase - plus I love the bag I got with mine when it first came out!!
Marcela P.
Glen cove, NY
Amazing, I love everything drybar makes. The fact that the products have funny names makes it even better, everything is named after a drink, super fun!
Jo R.
Good advice really helped me out a lot and would totally recommend this book and its very helpful on how to style my hair
Fatma G.
Great read. Was able to take care of my hair. Resulted in less frequent salon visit and healthy hair. ...
Jacqueline S.
Dallas, TX
Loved this book! Very informative and easy to follow! I recommend this to all hair colorers!