Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant uploaded by Asia S.

Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant

A lightweight heat and UV protectant lotion for use before your blowout, creating a breathable, protective barrier from hot tools and UV exposure that helps seal split ends and prevent dryness and damage. Hot Toddy is a lightweight lotion that protects hair from heat up to 450 degrees, helping seal split ends and prevent dryness, damage, and breakage. Great for all hair types, it protects hair from UVA and UVB exposure that can fade color and dry out locks. It contains a polymer complex that protects against heat from hot tools and helps to repair split ends while artichoke leaf extract helps prevent dehydration and protect the hair cuticle. A Marrakesh Woods fragrance features notes of sandalwood, jasmine, and vanilla that leaves the hair delicately scented. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is cruelty-free. Drybar does not tested on animals. Research results: Testing by 3rd party research lab, sample size of 16, 8 treated and 8 untreated: - Increase in textile strength- 77% reduction in breakage on hair treated with Hot Toddy prior to applying heat see more...

Buy on Sephora
Michelle R.
Longwood, FL
Not a huge fan of the smell but thankfully it goes away after you blow dry your hair. Other than the smell this works great. My hair is dark brown and it’s very coarse. It seems to work well with it. I would buy it again.
Susan S.
Allthough i love dry bar, this product was not my fav! So i think that it make my hair greasy, it did add shine but definitely didn’t make my hair look fresh. I think it does give the heat protection you need but definitely need to work on not making your hair feel heavy.
Rida H.
Newark, NJ
It smells really good and a little bit goes a long way. I think it protects well from heat irons (curlers & straighteners) but it doesn't protect much against outdoor environmental heat and humidity. I used this recently on wet hair straight out of the shower, let it air dry, then straightened it, went out at night and my hair was a hot humid disaster. It's only good for protection against heat styling products.
Devin H.
Centereach, NY
I love this product more than almost anything else. I use every single day and it protects my hair from UV and it doesn’t frizz, leaving it soft and healthy. And it smells SO good!
Emily V.
Northville, MI
LOVE! Actually protects from BLOW DRY damage. Helps some with flat irons, but designed for blow drying. Has a good thick cream consistentsy, and truly absorbs into your hair without feeling greasey like a serum, but super Moisturizing like a dense conditioner. Leaves hair soft, tangle free, frizz free, and super silky & manageable. I use this or Ciment Anti-ensure by Kerastase, or Repair blow dry by Bumble & Bumble only for heat from the blow dryer!!
Monique R.
First off...it smells amazing.  I personally hate to blow dry and straighten my hair the same day, because it makes my hair feel dry, brittle and smell like burnt hair (gross).  After my roommate let me borrow her Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant, I immediately went out and purchased.  I can now blow dry and heat style my hair and it feels like silk.  The breakage seems to have lessened a little as well.
Arielle M.
I use this product every time I do my hair. It's perfect because it fights my frizz while protecting my hair from the blow dryer and my straightener! It isn't greasy which is perfect for my fine, oily hair! I bought the smallest size Sephora sold and I've had it for a year. It lasts a long time because you don't need to use much!
Linnea R.
Love this!  Such a nice leave-in product.  It smells beautiful and is not over powering.  It does a fantastic job of conditioning, softening, and prepping my hair for styling.  It's not sticky at all and doesn't leave a residue in my hair whatsoever.  One of the best heat protectants I've used!
Corrin W.
Beacon, NY
This is the best heat protectant I have ever used! I have issues finding a good heat protectant because they tend to leave my hair dry due to the insane amount of alcohol in them. This one is moisturizing yet strong enough to hold up to my blowdryer and flat iron! A little bit goes a long way so price did not bother me !
Nousheen K.
Richmond, VA
I didn't find this to be spectacular. I replace my usual leave in with this. The consistency is of a cream, not heavy but emollient.

The result is less frizz and a softer feel. Leaves my hair with adequate weight and moisture to comfortably heat style.
Andrea V.
Is this a thick heat protectant? I usually prefer mine to be in spray form, but I saw you have to squeeze this one out. Also, how is the smell? Does it smell like all the other dry bar products that I love?
Michaela W.
Does this work on thick curly hair?