Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant uploaded by Asia S.

BY DRYBAR

A lightweight heat and UV protectant lotion for use before your blowout, creating a breathable, protective barrier from hot tools and UV exposure that helps seal split ends and prevent dryness and damage. Hot Toddy is a lightweight lotion that protects hair from heat up to 450 degrees, helping seal split ends and prevent dryness, damage, and breakage. Great for all hair types, it protects hair from UVA and UVB exposure that can fade color and dry out locks. It contains a polymer complex that protects against heat from hot tools and helps to repair split ends while artichoke leaf extract helps prevent dehydration and protect the hair cuticle. A Marrakesh Woods fragrance features notes of sandalwood, jasmine, and vanilla that leaves the hair delicately scented. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is cruelty-free. Drybar does not tested on animals. Research results: Testing by 3rd party research lab, sample size of 16, 8 treated and 8 untreated: - Increase in textile strength- 77% reduction in breakage on hair treated with Hot Toddy prior to applying heat see more...

Buy on Sephora
Rida H.
Newark, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
It smells really good and a little bit goes a long way. I think it protects well from heat irons (curlers & straighteners) but it doesn't protect much against outdoor environmental heat and humidity. I used this recently on wet hair straight out of the shower, let it air dry, then straightened it, went out at night and my hair was a hot humid disaster. It's only good for protection against heat styling products.
Emily V.
Northville, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
LOVE! Actually protects from BLOW DRY damage. Helps some with flat irons, but designed for blow drying. Has a good thick cream consistentsy, and truly absorbs into your hair without feeling greasey like a serum, but super Moisturizing like a dense conditioner. Leaves hair soft, tangle free, frizz free, and super silky & manageable. I use this or Ciment Anti-ensure by Kerastase, or Repair blow dry by Bumble & Bumble only for heat from the blow dryer!!
Monique R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off...it smells amazing.  I personally hate to blow dry and straighten my hair the same day, because it makes my hair feel dry, brittle and smell like burnt hair (gross).  After my roommate let me borrow her Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant, I immediately went out and purchased.  I can now blow dry and heat style my hair and it feels like silk.  The breakage seems to have lessened a little as well.
Arielle M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this product every time I do my hair. It's perfect because it fights my frizz while protecting my hair from the blow dryer and my straightener! It isn't greasy which is perfect for my fine, oily hair! I bought the smallest size Sephora sold and I've had it for a year. It lasts a long time because you don't need to use much!
Linnea R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this!  Such a nice leave-in product.  It smells beautiful and is not over powering.  It does a fantastic job of conditioning, softening, and prepping my hair for styling.  It's not sticky at all and doesn't leave a residue in my hair whatsoever.  One of the best heat protectants I've used!
Corrin W.
Beacon, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best heat protectant I have ever used! I have issues finding a good heat protectant because they tend to leave my hair dry due to the insane amount of alcohol in them. This one is moisturizing yet strong enough to hold up to my blowdryer and flat iron! A little bit goes a long way so price did not bother me !
Nousheen K.
Richmond, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I didn't find this to be spectacular. I replace my usual leave in with this. The consistency is of a cream, not heavy but emollient.

The result is less frizz and a softer feel. Leaves my hair with adequate weight and moisture to comfortably heat style.
Tran N.
Morrow, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love this heat protectant! I use it every time before I use my drybar buttercup. There isn't a strong scent to it, i got it as part of the holiday box from Sephora. It detangles and leaves your hair looking plump after blow drying.
Ashton H.
Jasper, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!! So I don't put heat on my hair everyday but this kills it!!! It smells so good and doesn't cake or make your hair look greasy. It leaves my hair so soft and I use it EVERYTIME I was my hair.
Nadia H.
Far Rockaway, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you use a blow-dryer or any hot tools you should use a heat protector to not damage your hair from all the Heat. This is one of the best. Keeps my hair smooth and keeps with the fly away.
Andrea V.
Is this a thick heat protectant? I usually prefer mine to be in spray form, but I saw you have to squeeze this one out. Also, how is the smell? Does it smell like all the other dry bar products that I love?
Michaela W.
Does this work on thick curly hair?