BY DRYBAR #40 in Dry Shampoo

A dry shampoo especially formulated for brilliant brunettes that's good for all hair types and safe for color and keratin treated hair. Prolong blowouts. This must-have dry shampoo absorbs oils and leaves hair feeling clean, light, and full. Especially formulated for brunettes, this highly effective formula lets you save on shower time and doesn't leave any white residue behind. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This cruelty-free product is not tested on animals. see more...

• Does it have fragrance? 2 Answers
  • I've been looking for a new dry shampoo to give my hair volume. Doe...1 Answers
  • Is this product better or the same as the batiste dry shampoo for b...1 Answers
Emily B.
Emily B.
I have naturally curly brunette hair and this is one of my favorite products to use to remove the excess oil and grime in my hair. If I have styled my hair or have blow out, I usually use this on the second or third day to remove the dirt and it will help extend my style for another day or two. I have always had an issue with other products leaving white residue or making my hair look grey/dull. Because this product is tinted brown for brunettes it leaves my hair looking like it's natural color. It did take me a few times to get used to the brown tinting and not having it "stain" my scalp or forehead. One trick I have tried to use is tilting my head upside down and then spraying the dry shampoo on the oily sections - it lessens the amount of product that is retained on my scalp. Overall, a great product to use for brunettes.
Hannah G.
Hannah G.
Agoura Hills, CA
I absolutely love this dry shampoo I love that it has a dark tone to it so it definitely doesn't make my hair look ashy whatsoever. But the only thing about this product is good you have to wash your hair the night that you put this product in your hair because it does have that color in it. But I definitely would recommend this product to anybody who is just looking for One day use of their dry shampoo. I'm a person who likes to dry shampoo their hair for a week straight and that would definitely not fly with this product I definitely have to wash my hair the night I put this product in. But this product is definitely great if you have an event or someone special you need to be in makes your hair literally look perfect.
Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.
This is honestly the best dry shampoo I have ever used. This one specifically targeted for brunettes personally works even better for me then the regular dry shampoo. In addition to making my hair look less greasy, it adds a great texture to my hair. I love using it a few days after getting a blow out, allowing it to last for up to a week! Only downside is the spray is actually the color brown, so it leaves a dark chalky brown residue on your hands.
Amy M.
Amy M.
I love this dry shampoo! I purchased mine at the recommendation of an Ulta employee that swore it is the best for brunettes. I love that there is no white residue left behind BUT you have to be careful close to your face, I had to use a make up wipe this morning to wipe off some overspray. Lasts quite a while and helps with volume as well as oil, that's a huge plus! Would definitely recommend!
gabriela e.
gabriela e.
I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this dry shampoo at Sephora. It definitely does cleanse the hair and gives it a little bit of texture and if you have fine hair it definitely will give you some grit and volume. This is amazing because it does not leave the white film sitting on top of your hair... It will actually blend into your natural hair color. I highly recommend this to anyone.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Auburn, IN
I don't always have darker hair, but when I do, I hate the white powder that a lot of Dry Shampoos leave on my hair. I love this DrybarDetox Shampoo. It smells amazing, and performs really well. Bonus, it doesn't leave a white cast behind on my hair. All in all, I really love this. I'd add another star if the price were a little lower.
Erin L.
Erin L.
Malden, MA
This is one of my favorite brands - I use their brushes and blow dryer as well! I have brown, wavy hair, that if I straighten can get greasier as the days go one. This is a wonderful option for Dry Shampoo and a little bit goes a very long way! Mostly always coupons as well, but I think is still worth the price.
Amber B.
Amber B.
Zachary, LA
I was skeptical b/c my hair is black...very very black. I thought it would make my hair look gray and ashy, and that is not a pretty look for someone with black hair. On the contrary, it just gave me a nice amount of volume and took away some of the oil, making my hair look fresh and last a little while longer.
Melody J.
Melody J.
San Antonio, TX
I've tried many different dry shampoo products. Detox is definitely the one ! I don't wash my hair everyday, on the third day I use dry shampoo to get out the oil look. This actually works, all the other products I used...always made my hair more oily.
Definitely will buy this again once i run out.
Brenda H.
Brenda H.
San Tan Vly, AZ
I love that this is for brunettes as most dry shampoos aren't for darker haircolors and showup white and so they look like I dumped baby powder on my hair. I have baby fine hair so I need to wash my hair pretty often to give it volume. This allows me to go several days without washing it.
Ana R.
Ana R.
San Juan
Does it have fragrance?
Alexa H.
Alexa H.
How does it effect brunettes? I don't wash my hair sometimes and whenever I put in dry shampoo it leaves streaks of white.
Lana W.
Lana W.
Germantown, TN
Is this product better or the same as the batiste dry shampoo for brunettes? Because this one is quite a bit more expensive, and I am wondering if it is truly worth the price or if I should just stick to my $7.00 Batiste.
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
Shelby Township
I just received a travel size of the original drybar detox dry shampoo and I'm obsessed with it! I love the smell. Does this product for brunettes smell the same?
Shannon Leigh T.
Shannon Leigh T.
Columbia, SC
I feel like my dry shampoo is most effective when I put it in the night before. Would this leave color residue on my pillows? I'm always looking to avoid the white from regular dry shampoo since I have such dark hair, but that is a concern.