Add a Photo

By DRYBAR
#8 in Dry Shampoo

A rejuvenating dry shampoo that absorbs excess oil and adds body to hair. Prolong your blowout and add extra volume to hair with Detox Dry Shampoo. It absorbs oils, adds body and lift, and leaves hair feeling fresh and clean. Lightweight and easy to use, the micro powder blends in with hair color, leaving no white residue behind. It is formulated Without: - Parabens Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

Photos (65)
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA

WOW! Just when I thought my pursuit in a functional dry shampoo was hitting a dead end... I have tried SO many dry shampoos throughout the years but none has ever lived up to my expectations. Weighed down, still oily, too much white powder and residue in my hair, hair feeling like there was just WAY too much product in there... These were common problems I ran into and I just assumed my hair was way too thick and my roots are too dark for dry shampoo. Lo and behold, Sephora Play came through and put a mini size of the Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo in everyone's boxes! I threw it to the side for the first month or two, but eventually felt way too guilty about the amount of make up/haircare/skincare I was piling up (anyone else feel this too?) and started forcing myself to use up some more products. First time I sprayed this dry shampoo in my hair, I noticed a huge difference. My hair was actually matte-ed and looked cleaner - something other dry shampoos just can't seem to do. Even the time it took to brush out the white powder in my hair seemed to take less time and it quickly absorbed into my hair. On the other hand... the second I sprayed this product, I was hit with the strong pungent smell. I told myself "Eh, it's fine, it'll go away in a couple minutes" but it did not. It lingered with me throughout the day and then even persisted into the nighttime. When I tried going to bed that night, I could still smell it and literally tried to keep my nose as far away as my hair as possible. Honestly, I love what it does, but the smell is a huge con. If Drybar made a Unscented one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I guess the overall opinion is that IT WORKS! but the smell is too much for me. Give it a try though! Maybe you'll enjoy the scent more than me.
Tania C.
Tania C.
Wilkes Barre, PA

THE BEST DRY SHAMPOO EVER!!!! I have extremely oily hair, where I have to wash my hair everyday if I want a fresh style. Prior to trying the Drybar Detox I was using the Batiste dry shampoo (dark brown color) which I thought was great. Although in comparison, the Batiste leaves a gritty, texturized feel and a heaviness in my hair which I thought I liked until I tried the Drybar. The Drybar Detox eliminates oils FAR better and doesn't give any texture to the hair. My hair is light and fluffy just as if it was freshly washed! I truly couldn't believe it. With using it on day 2 hair, my hair remained oil-free for day 3 and my hair didn't have my usual oily hair smell that I get even with using Batiste. Also, although the Drybar's spray is white, it doesn't leave a harsh white/grey look to the hair, as I've found with other dry shampoos. Highly recommend this product! It is pretty expensive for a dry shampoo but it works so well that I can overlook the price tag.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY

I love this dry shampoo. I have extremely curly hair that's very damaged from heat. I now wash my hair every 4-6 days or however long it takes for my roots to get oily. To keep them voluminous in between washes I use this stuff. It works better than any dry shampoo I've ever used. It does have a white powder but it's less prominent and brushes out so much easier than other brands. Not to mention every time I spray it in my hair my husband comes running in the room asking what I just sprayed or what perfume I'm wearing and telling me how much he loves the smell. That's saying something because he never notices stuff like that lol. It has a nice beachy smell. I love it. The dry shampoo lasts for a good 24 hours until I have to spray again and my hair doesn't get that heavy with product feeling until after the third day of fairly heavy use of this stuff. I will buy as long as it's available.
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
Seatac, Wa

Probably the thing that convinced me to buy this dry shampoo was the scent. I think it is fabulous. The second thing that sold me is that I sprayed it on my hand and it doesn't dry white. It's more of a nice peach color which is at least somewhat better for my very dark brown hair. I have VERY oily hair. I have been known to have to wash my hair half way through the day to look less greasy when it gets really hot. I washed my hair yesterday and by the evening had to use the dry shampoo. And then this morning... I didn't actually look like I needed to wash it. What?! It's been over twenty four hours since I last washed my hair and I wouldn't be embarrassed to go out. Amazing. The other really nice thing is it doesn't have a heavy gritty feeling a lot of the cheaper dry shampoos have. I'm really, really pleased with this and think anyone with oily hair problems shroud give this a try!
Celeste S.
Celeste S.
Sparta, TN

The BEST dry shampoo I have ever used! I color my hair 10-12 times a year, so hydration is super important to me. I only wash once a week, but I work with the public so it's important to look fresh every day. DRYBAR doesn't turn my hair white or grey, keeps my color looking good, doesn't make hair stiff or too dry, and absorbs oil better than any other product I have used to date. You only need a small amount which lasts for 2-3 days until next application. They have options for different hair colors as well as two sizes depending on personal preference, which I like, because you have more options. I received this in a Sephora PLAY box and I used the entire can in a week and HAD to repurchase! I've gone through 3 cans already. The scent is strong, but it also smells lovely - I wish I could buy a perfume with this scent!
Ruby B.
Ruby B.
Bronx, Ny

I received a mini in my Sephora play subscription and I absolutely fell head over heels in love. I own several high end brands from the drug store and honestly none compare! They feel more like texturizers while drybar actually feels like it CLEANS your hair! Honestly just rewinds time and brings a 3 day blowout tight back to day 1, and it smells soooooo good! It has a really nice fresh scent that I just love love love. I e joy it so much I purchased a full sized this month for the Sephora Vib spring sale and also picked up the 500 point perk for the minis to travel with. I cannot rave enough about this, and I'm a Sephora shopper who never leaves the makeup section do spending money on a high end hair product is SO not me, but it's totally worth it! Pic included of me with a 3 day blowout revived with detox dry shampoo
Christina G.
Christina G.
Saint Paul, MN

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo is pretty good. I've tried many dry shampoos, and this one is up there with the best of them. I have blonde highlights with darker roots and this product does not look powdery and does not make me look like I have dandruff or dry scalp. The only reason I did not give it five stars is the scent. It has a very strong and sweet scent, almost like citrus and magnolias, and is VERY reminiscent of a perfume that my grandmother used to wear, if you can imagine. I tend to only use hair products that contain natural oils and fragrances derived from plants and flowers, so on the days when I use this, it clashes badly with the natural scent from my shampoo, conditioner and other styling products I use. I would make this product my one and only dry shampoo if Drybar would create an unscented version.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.

This is probably one of the best dry shampoos I have ever used! My favorite before trying this one was the Amika dry shampoo, which I still love, but I think Drybar's is slightly better. It has a pretty strong scent, but that doesn't bother me. This will give your hair a yellow-ish cast, but you just have to run your fingers through your hair until it disappears and that won't be an issue anymore. Not only does this absorb all the oil in my hair (my hair gets SO oily when it's dirty), but it also brings some volume back into my hair that tends to fall flat after a few days of not washing. This has become a life-saver for days when I don't feel like washing my hair but have to go out into the world. My hair looks brand new when I use this, you can't even tell it hasn't been washed. Highly recommend!
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Madras, OR

I have to say, WOW! I am in love with this stuff. I've never been a dry shampoo person, but this is a game changer for me. I have fine, greasy hair that requires actual shampoo washes daily or its limp and stringy. I've tried many dry shampoos, but they all leave me feeling dirtier than before with a pile of pasty hair that looks like oily dandruff. Not. Pretty. I receive this Dry Bar in my Sephora Play and I couldn't be happier. Three straight poo-free days and my hair still looks great. Like really great. Actual body and everything. On a side note...the smell. OMG! DELICIOUS! It's a floral vanilla yum bomb. Love it. My husband can't stop sniffing my scalp. Lol. Needless to say, I'm buying this stuff. It's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way.

candi s.
candi s.
Martinsburg, WV

I originally got this in a Sephora Play box. I usually can't go a day without washing my hair. I always feel like my bangs and and the roots around that area are oily if i don't wash it everyday. Washing my hair so much was making the rest of my long hair look dried out. I used this to spruce my hair up for a second day with no washing, i also used it after working out. Both occasions i loved the result! My hair looked fresh. There was no residue, and my hair still felt soft, and had more volume. It totally brought the life back to my hair as if it had been freshly styled. I liked it so much that i purchased a full bottle from Sephora for 23 bucks. I gave 4 stars due to the one thing i did not like, which is the strong perfume smell.
Joyce O.
Joyce O.
North Babylon, NY

How good is the product? Does it smell nice?
Ashley L.
Ashley L.

I see a lot of great reviews but it's only #9 on the dry shampoo list. Is this really worth the money? I don't like when my hair gets super stiff will this do that ?
Jessee D.
Jessee D.
Prairieville , La

Would you say it has a strong scent? And is it good to use on dark hair? Alot of dry shampoos ive tried don't work well with my hair color
Marisela S.
Marisela S.
Myrtle Beach, SC

How long does it last for?
Rileigh W.
Rileigh W.
anderson, in

Does this product leave a thick white film on the hair? Or is it easily blended?