Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo

by Drybar

#15 in Dry Shampoo

This super absorbent formula eliminates oils, dirt and impurities between washes, leaving hair feeling fresh and clean!

THE BENEFITS:

• Micro-fine rice powders absorb oils and expand adding lift and body to the roots
  • Golden root extract increases moisture to prevent dryness and breakage for a healthy look

WHICH HAIR TYPE IS IT GOOD FOR:

• Great for all hair types

PLUS:

• Pair with Triple Sec 3-in-1 to add body, texture and life into day 2 or 3 hair
  • Pair with Detox Dry Conditioner to keep your ends hydrated
  • No parabens, sulfates or phthalates
  • Cruelty free, no animal testing
  • Original scent with notes of jasmine, sandalwood and madagascar vanilla
  • Full Size: 100g/3.5oz., Travel Size: 40g/1.4oz.]

How To Use:

Shake extremely well. Spray 4–6" (10–15 cm) away from the scalp. Allow to dry and gently rub in (rub more vigorously for darker hair).

Isobutane, Propane, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Alcohol Denat., Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Cyperus Esculentus Root Oil, Prunus Insititia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isopropyl Myristate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylate Copolymer, Aqua (Water, Eau), Magnesium Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Pentylene Glycol, Citric Acid, BHT, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

No parabens, sulfates, phthalates or gluten. No animal testing.

Shop by Ingredient/Concern:

• Paraben-Free Hair Care Products
  • Sulfate-Free Hair Care Products
  • Gluten Free Shampoo & Conditioners
  • Cruelty-Free Shampoos
  • Vegan Hair Care Products

I’ve heard this product is great. How does it compare to others?
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo Do guys recommend is it worth the price?
Does this weigh your hair down and make it sticky? Others ive used make my thin hair so heavy!
Start your review of Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo!
Product Highlights
“I have super greasy hair and this product is the only dry shampoo that has ever worked with my fine, thin, and super delicate hair.” in reviews
“It really dries out all of the oils and keeps my hair looking fresh!” in reviews
“This is great, but too white for dark hair - just got the version specifically for dark hair and love it!” in reviews
“I have very oily hair and thanks to this dry shampoo I can now go a day or two without washing my hair.” in reviews
“Definitely would recommend to a friend. ” in reviews
Atlanta, GA
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Rebecca R.
Purchased at: Sephora
I’ve used a lot of dry shampoos in my life, and this is by far my favorite. It’s lightweight, effective and smells great! In a pinch, I’ll use other brands and I have a few on hand for emergencies, but this is my go-to. It absorbs oil without feeling heavy and leaves my hair totally soft-to-the-touch (important to me because I have a bad habit of touching/messing with my hair a lot) and completely moveable. I love that there’s no residue or left-over evidence I’ve dry shampooed instead of washed my hair. Micro-fine Rice Powders absorb excess oils and odors, while Golden Root Extract increases moisture to prevent dryness and breakage. Just like the Drybar Detox Dry Conditioner, I use this in original scent. It’s completely light and not overwhelming, but has the same notes of jasmine, sandalwood and madagascar vanilla as the Dry Conditioner. After using this, my hair always feels (and smells) clean and refreshed. This product is made with no parabens, sulfates or phthalates and it’s not tested on animals. Plus, it’s great for all hair types.[ www.livingmybexlife.com]
Richmond, VA
Review for: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent
I have a dry shampoo (blow pro) that I love but it's a powder and I wanted to try a spray. I have light brown hair and did not have any residue after using this product (spraying it 2-4 inches away and rubbing it in) but I will say as many others have, the smell is insanely strong like an old lady's perfume. I'm not sensitive to smells but I was coughing after spraying this. Another thing I really didn't like was the sprayer is way too powerful. I felt like I got the product all over myself and the bathroom. I gave it three stars because it did do it's job leaving my hair looking fresh, my issues with the product are just a personal preference. Overall I would not recommend this product, I will be sticking to my blow pro powder.
Overall, I think the dry bar dry shampoo is a little bit overrated for what it is. However, I do think that this is a really great dry shampoo for people who have blonde and naturally oily hair. The dry bar dry shampoo has a really distinctive smell because of the aerosol, and I am not a huge fan of the small personally. This dry shampoo is easy to apply and comes in a full-size and a mini size, which I really appreciate as I travel a lot. I think this is a great dry shampoo in a pinch, but since I have more medium brown hair, it is tough to know how much is enough to apply. For me, it does leave a grayish color/residue immediately after application.
Review for: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent
This is the first time that I've tried or bought a dry shampoo by Drybar. I chose the "Lush" scent when I bought my first can at Ulta recently. Not only is the scent very lovely, but it really does work well. I've tried other Drybar products and haven't been disappointed by any of them, so I'm not surprised that this dry shampoo exceeded my expectations! The scent lasts nearly all day and helps soak up any scalp oil. My absolute favorite dry shampoo is by Living Proof, which also smells incredible, so I'm very familiar with higher end dry shampoos. I plan on repurchasing this one when I run out!
Bernardsville, NJ
I have tried many dry shampoos and this one is beyond my favorite! Is the price my favorite? No. But is it worth it? Yes. I do try and get it at sephora or Ulta when they have sales or coupons but I would buy this full price. I like the smell of the original one personally better then the other scent (lush or island). You need to make sure you let it sit and then rub in and brush through your hair because if you dont it leaves a white residue that is not cute. However, this stuff really works and makes you look like you have fresh washed and styled hair!
Review for: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent
This is a good dry shampoo. I would give it a 4 out of 5. I felt that it got my hair clean and I really enjoyed the scent. It was easy to use with the aerosol can. The downside is that it doesn’t last very many uses. It would last maybe 7 to 10 times for a full scalp clean, more with just spot use. It does cast white if you don’t hold it a pretty far distance from your head. The white cast is difficult to blend in. I would recommend it and have used it a few times. I prefer the non aerosol methods because they last so much longer.
Review for: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent
This is definitely my favorite dry shampoo I have come across and I always leave a canister in my travel bag. I have dyed blonde hair and this is one dry shampoo that doesn't look dingy on my roots. It will blend the brown roots to my balayage blonde. I think the real reason its my favorite is its my favorite smelling dry shampoo. Most smell weird to me but this one actually smells GOOD. The key to using dry shampoo is you should use it BEFORE your hair actually becomes greasy, i.e. on the night before you think you may wake up with oily hair.
Katy, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent
I have gotten several samples of this product in subscription boxes over the years and this is my favorite high end Dry Shampoo I have ever tried. It works amazing on my thick, wavy brunette hair and gives it a instant lift between hair washes (typically day 3 for me). I love this product however it is a tad expensive for me for the amount of dry shampoo I use. I typically just buy the travel versions as they are cheaper and keep those on hand for when I need a better hair day and use drug store versions the rest of the time. However if you can afford it I recommend always having Drybar Dry Shampoo on hand.
Wilmore, KY
Review for: , , , , , Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 93 g Lush Scent, Other
I have spent hundreds on dry shampoos and swore I would never touch them again.... until.... this gem came into my life. I love that my hair doesn't feel like I loaded it down with product. It also leaves my hair smelling amazing and not to textured. This definitely works - I've tested it and could make it a full week before my hair looked like it needed to be washed. I don't recommend going that long unless you're going to use a clarifying shampoo to remove build up. Definitely a must have because you never know.
Agoura Hills, CA
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by EYA J.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is my favorite dry shampoo. Not only does it smell amazing and everyone will be thinking you are wearing perfume but it’s so easy and great to use. I like to spray it on my roots and half way down my hair and let it sit while I do my makeup then rub it all in. Pro Tip: if you are having greasy hair and aren’t planning on washing it that night put the dry shampoo on without rubbing it in and leave it in over night. Yes you will look a little crazy but it works. In the morning run in any extra shampoo.

282 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a 8 jours
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo Do guys recommend is it worth the price?
Wharton, TX
il y a 2 mois
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo How does it stack up against other dry shampoos?
Ashley C. • il y a un mois
I really liked this but there is a white residue. The smell didn’t bother me but I know it does bother some.