BY DRYBAR #14 in Dry Shampoo

A rejuvenating dry shampoo that absorbs excess oil and adds body to hair. Prolong your blowout and add extra volume to hair with Detox Dry Shampoo. It absorbs oils, adds body and lift, and leaves hair feeling fresh and clean. Lightweight and easy to use, the micro powder blends in with hair color, leaving no white residue behind. It is formulated Without: - Parabens Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
  • "I have super greasy hair and this product is the only dry shampoo that has ever worked with my fine, thin, and super delicate hair." in 10 reviews
  • "It really dries out all of the oils and keeps my hair looking fresh!" in 2 reviews
  • "And it was so hard to find one that worked for my very oily hair." in 1 review
  • "I especially love that it doesn't leave any white residue behind!" in 1 review
  • "I was stocking up on travel sized products before my trip to Italy and I grabbed this on my way out of Sephora." in 1 review
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this dry shampoo. I have extremely curly hair that's very damaged from heat. I now wash my hair every 4-6 days or however long it takes for my roots to get oily. To keep them voluminous in between washes I use this stuff. It works better than any dry shampoo I've ever used. It does have a white powder but it's less prominent and brushes out so much easier than other brands. Not to mention every time I spray it in my hair my husband comes running in the room asking what I just sprayed or what perfume I'm wearing and telling me how much he loves the smell. That's saying something because he never notices stuff like that lol. It has a nice beachy smell. I love it. The dry shampoo lasts for a good 24 hours until I have to spray again and my hair doesn't get that heavy with product feeling until after the third day of fairly heavy use of this stuff. I will buy as long as it's available.
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
SeaTac, WA
Probably the thing that convinced me to buy this dry shampoo was the scent. I think it is fabulous. The second thing that sold me is that I sprayed it on my hand and it doesn't dry white. It's more of a nice peach color which is at least somewhat better for my very dark brown hair. I have VERY oily hair. I have been known to have to wash my hair half way through the day to look less greasy when it gets really hot. I washed my hair yesterday and by the evening had to use the dry shampoo. And then this morning... I didn't actually look like I needed to wash it. What?! It's been over twenty four hours since I last washed my hair and I wouldn't be embarrassed to go out. Amazing. The other really nice thing is it doesn't have a heavy gritty feeling a lot of the cheaper dry shampoos have. I'm really, really pleased with this and think anyone with oily hair problems shroud give this a try!
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Madras, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have to say, WOW! I am in love with this stuff. I've never been a dry shampoo person, but this is a game changer for me. I have fine, greasy hair that requires actual shampoo washes daily or its limp and stringy. I've tried many dry shampoos, but they all leave me feeling dirtier than before with a pile of pasty hair that looks like oily dandruff. Not. Pretty. I receive this Dry Bar in my Sephora Play and I couldn't be happier. Three straight poo-free days and my hair still looks great. Like really great. Actual body and everything. On a side note...the smell. OMG! DELICIOUS! It's a floral vanilla yum bomb. Love it. My husband can't stop sniffing my scalp. Lol. Needless to say, I'm buying this stuff. It's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way.

Jess V.
Jess V.
Sacramento, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have found the holy grail of dry shampoos! I received a small sample of this in my Sephora Play box, and I am officially in love. I wash my hair every 4 days or so as not to fade the pink, and this is wonderful for in between washes. It smells amazing, sprays perfectly, and does it's job well. It absorbs excess oils and provides TONS of body. I feel like I got a blowout right after I brush it through. I've never seen anything work so well on my hair. I have thin hair, so maybe that's what caused so much body. I love it. It doesn't leave a weird residue that some dry shampoos use and it doesn't leave my hair feeling dry or stiff. I will absolutely buy the full size once my mini runs out. This stuff is gold.
Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.
Best dry aresol dry shampoo out there! It works instantly and doesn't dry my hair out. It soaks up all the oil from overnight and adds a nice bounce and amount of volume! This is by far my go to for home and trips because it comes in both full and travel sizes. The only downside is it is a bit pricey but it leaves my hair feeling fuller, softer and smelling like flowers! One thing to note, this is not for people with darker hair. I have light blonde hair and this is perfect for helping cover up when my slightly darker roots start to show. It is a white powdery substance that can leave darker hair looking a little grey but they make a dry shampoo for brunettes too! Problem solved!
Angela P.
Angela P.
NEW YORK, NY
Wow! Everyone always use to tell me that Batiste was the best dry shampoo. It didn't do anything for me. This one is amazing! A few quick spritz, let it dry and then massage it in. Really massage if you have dark hair. It gave my hair hair so much extra volume and hold. It is like a dry shampoo, mousse and hairspray in one. Some cons though: 1) I'm not partial to the smell. It's very strong and stays with you all day. Its not a bad smell, just not my preference. 2) It makes my hair knotty. Like I said, it's kind of like a hairspray and I don't ever use hairspray because my hair gets knotty.
Both of those cons don't even matter though. Not when I can get a 3rd day out of my hair.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
Babylon, NY
This is an okay dry shampoo. I use it and my hair looks clean, but it makes it *feel* dirty. I feel like this leaves a film on my hair and it just kind of feels gross. I can use this to extend my hair by a day, but no way can I use this more than one time before feeling like I MUST wash my hair. Prior to trying this I always used the Nirvana White dry shampoo, which I feel smells way better and makes my hair look and feel clean. I can put the Nirvana in my hair 2-3 days in a row (in the most extreme situation I've had to while camping, this is not a daily thing lol) and it feels great. I figured I'd give the Detox a try, but I'll be going back to the Nirvana.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Hendersonvlle, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE Drybar products, and the dry shampoo is no exception. I'm 42, with short color treated. My stylist recommends only washing my hair 2-3 times a week, to help prevent my hair turning brassy or becoming brittle. I use the Drybar dry shampoo on the days I don't wash and condition. It's the best you'll ever find, and I've tried many dry shampoos. This is the only one that actually cleanses the hair. I spray it on my roots, massage it in, and brush through. It feels like I've just washed my hair. I also use it after a traditional shampoo. It adds volume, and smells lovely. I highly recommend.
Stacy C.
Stacy C.
Los Angeles, CA
I really like this I love the way it smells especially and it's the only dry shampoo that I can use and what actually make my hair look good and not feel gritty or course. Like a lot of dry shampoos make my hair feel more dirty than it already was. The only downside of this and why I did not give it 5 stars is like most dry shampoos if you have darker hair you really have to work in the product or you will have little specks of White in your hair. But once you get it worked in there and you brush your hair and you style it looks amazing and smells me then literally all day I love it
Titan M.
Titan M.
Cascade, ID
This stuff is amazing - however - it WILL leave a white film on your hair if you don't properly either rub it in or go through it with a hair dryer and a brush. I love this product other than that. The smell is nice and fresh and clean and I will and have gotten compliments on the smell of it. I have super thick, coarse, red hair and it works really well for me. I do spray it on in a couple of layers - not just the top of my hair since it is so thick, but it is super easy to apply and as long as you rub it in or brush it through you won't look like a strange grey patched grandma.
Joyce O.
Joyce O.
North Babylon, NY
How good is the product? Does it smell nice?
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
I see a lot of great reviews but it's only #9 on the dry shampoo list. Is this really worth the money? I don't like when my hair gets super stiff will this do that ?
Jessee D.
Jessee D.
Baton Rouge, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you say it has a strong scent? And is it good to use on dark hair? Alot of dry shampoos ive tried don't work well with my hair color
Marisela S.
Marisela S.
Myrtle Beach, SC
How long does it last for?
Shivani N.
Shivani N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can I use this dry shampoo with my dark hair? Other dry shampoos that I've used leave a gray residue and it's so annoying.