BY DRYBAR #9 in Dry Shampoo

A rejuvenating dry shampoo that absorbs excess oil and adds body to hair. Prolong your blowout and add extra volume to hair with Detox Dry Shampoo. It absorbs oils, adds body and lift, and leaves hair feeling fresh and clean. Lightweight and easy to use, the micro powder blends in with hair color, leaving no white residue behind. It is formulated Without: - Parabens Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

• Can you rate this shampoo if its good i will buy2 Answers
  • I'm wondering how well this works on fine hair? I need a ...1 Answers
  • Is this a good dry shampoo?1 Answers
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
  • "I have super greasy hair and this product is the only dry shampoo that has ever worked with my fine, thin, and super delicate hair." in 10 reviews
  • "It really dries out all of the oils and keeps my hair looking fresh!" in 2 reviews
  • "Definitely would recommend to a friend. " in 1 review
  • "It's lightweight, smells great and really does zap the oils and lift your hair on day 2." in 1 review
  • "And it was so hard to find one that worked for my very oily hair." in 1 review
Amanda H.
New City, NY
Okay so I’m a big fan of dry shampoo, however I hate how it always leaves white residue in my hair. I redeemed my Sephora points yesterday and got this sample and let me tell you thank god. I haven’t washed my hair in 4 days and my hair looks like I just washed it and got a blow out. I need to go buy the regular bottle of this it’s amazing. I just rubbed it through my hair and the white was gone. Plus, it smells like a pretty powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE
Mallory H.
Federal Way, WA
#1 dry shampoo in my opinion. I wash my hair once a week and rely on Drybar dry shampoo to do so. It deposits a hefty amount of product so a little goes a long way, but can result in residue (read: if you scratch your scalp, you’ll get some under your nails), but that’s what makes it so effective. Bonus benefit is the texture it gives your hair- if you’re going to put your hair up in a pony or bun, this is perfect for achieving the “messy” or “cool girl” style.
Katelyn M.
Romeoville, IL
I’m a HUGE fan of Drybar products. They work well and smell AMAZING! I keep a few in my arsenal at all times. The dry shampoo works well (and smells great obviously) my only issue is that they only carry an aerosol version. I much prefer a powder form as they tend to work best & be more bang for your buck. I find aerosol dry shampoo can weigh the root down which isn’t great for my already flat hair. While I do like and would recommend the product, dependent on hair type, it’s not my first choice.

SIDE NOTE - the Drybar dry conditioner is holy grail, you must try!

Drybar Detox Dry ShampooDrybar Detox Dry Conditioner 3.3 oz
Kristine A.
I love dry shampoo, for all the obvious reasons of extending a blow out. I have used a lot of dry shampoos and because I love drybar's products, I wanted to love this dry shampoo. I do not, I will save my money on this product and stick with less expensive options, it leaves behind too much excess powder even after combed through, a problem that I do not have with any other dry shampoo and I have tried many variety. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1, because it did do the job for the day, just not to the standard I am used to. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
Amanda F.
Hopkins, SC
I recieved this product through my Sephora Play box and love this brand. It's a bit pricey but definitely added volume to my already flat hair. I live in a pretty hot and humid climate so anything to skip a day of washing my hair is nice. It has a nice smell and comes out of the can a bit cool. My only warning is that a little goes a long way as if you use too much, it does leave your hair with a white tint to it. Overall, love the product because it got rid of 2nd day, oily, dirty flat hair and gave me a quick way to run out the door!
Brittney W.
As a dry shampoo, I think this product is wonderful. I can literally spritz it on when I missed a shower and need to run out the door or even if my hair is just a little oily/needs a touch up. It works wonderfully. The downside is that the scent is overpowering and reminds me of the much older women in church. Not only is it a thick and overpowering scent but the scent lingers for the rest of the day. While the packaging and product itself are great, I wouldn’t purchase again unless the scent changed or was removed completely.
Han r.
Yonkers, NY
I love the smell of this first off! I discovered it when I went into Sephora before an event and noticed my hair was in need of dry shampoo - STAT! An associate recommended this one. I usually walk by it as I assumed drybar’s products would be a marketing add on during services but I was SHOCKED at how well it absorbed the oil and how voluminous and fresh my hair looked! I’m a brunette so yes it did streak at first spray but it fades in easily when you work it into your hair and it does not show up powdery. And again- the smell!!!! I switched out my previous favorite for this and got the mini for my gym bag. Love it!
Shannon C.
Dallas
I love the Original Scent of The Drybar detox dry shampoo however, it leaves more residue in my hair and on my brush than any of my other dry shampoos. This is really disappointing because the smell is incredible. I do feel like the product absorbs oil and works  however if you're someone who doesn't like  an excessive powdery feeling then you probably will not care for this product. I think Drybar should make a hair perfume for those of us who want the smell without the excessive residue.
Lindsay S.
Cumberland, RI
This is my all-time favorite dry shampoo. I literally have tried almost every brand at Sephora & Ulta (I would buy the travel-sized versions and try them out before investing in the full size expensive product). I tried so many high quality brands, like Ouai, Living Proof, etc. and I felt that none of them matched the quality of this product. It is quite expensive ($23 for what my husband claims is "baby powder in a can") but I think it's worth every penny, and knowing how much it costs forces me to use it sparingly, which saves my hair from getting too weighed down. I have also bought the travel sizes so that I always have some on-hand wherever I go. One thing though - I tried the new Lush scent, and it in no way measures up to the original. I'm going back to the regular one as soon as I finish up this very expensive can of the Lush scent (which unfortunately, wasn't available in the travel size for me to try first, and I took a chance on it).
Tiffany P.
WORKS! Smells fantastic and really absorbs the hair oil. I love the Drybar line actually. Everything I have tried smells wonderful and actually works. Price is a bit high but they are quality products. My suggestion for this spray is to use from a distance of at least 10 inches from hair. Otherwise it will leave a white color on your hair.
Joyce O.
How good is the product? Does it smell nice?
Ashley L.
I see a lot of great reviews but it's only #9 on the dry shampoo list. Is this really worth the money? I don't like when my hair gets super stiff will this do that ?
Jessee D.
Baton Rouge, LA
Would you say it has a strong scent? And is it good to use on dark hair? Alot of dry shampoos ive tried don't work well with my hair color
Marisela S.
Myrtle Beach, SC
How long does it last for?
Shivani N.
Can I use this dry shampoo with my dark hair? Other dry shampoos that I've used leave a gray residue and it's so annoying.

back