BY DRYBAR #2 in Hair Dryers

An easy-to-use, lightweight hair dryer. This lightweight Buttercup Blow Dryer features an ultrapowerful motor to get the job done fast and efficiently, and conditioning nano beads to seal cuticles, leaving hair noticeably silky, smooth, and frizz-free. NanoIonic™ minerals hydrate and condition hair while negative ions naturally cleanse and freshen. This blow dryer works with 110 electrical outlet and features three temperatures with two speed settings. It has a self-locking cool shot button, removable air filter, nine foot long cord with a hang loop, and 1875 watt motor. see more...

• Anyone else love this?1 Answers
  • Does it leave your hair smooth and is it fast to get hair dry wit...1 Answers
  • What makes this blow dryer better than the others? How much does ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "After getting this blow dryer, my hair completely changed for the better!" in 3 reviews
  • "it really reduces the amount of frizz that i have to deal with and my drying time is not nearly as long as it used to be!" in 2 reviews
  • "It dries my long hair fast and it isn't as dry looking." in 1 review
  • "It helps to dry our hair without frizz and it's very light weight." in 1 review
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer
Ive always spent most of my money on flat irons that do the job well. I would spend 200-250 depending on the iron. Now I'm using the ghd platinum. In turn I would buy the cheapest drugstore blow dryers, curling irons, wavers, etc.
Then after 2 years of spending ungodly amounts at sephora I redeemed my 10k points for the drybar reward. I got a 500 dollar gift card for drybar, an autographed book by alli webb good hair for all, and the entire capsule collection of clothing.
I knew I was going to buy the buttercup I just wasn't sure which. The baby or the full size. They are exactly the same watts and everything else. Even have the same size opening and everything so every attatchment made for one fits the other.
I was going to buy that one but I wanted the brush so the bigger, better blowout box was my best bet and cost the same as buying the travel and brush Seperately and it came with more than that.
So this blow dryer used just on a rough dry hkw I would have normally done it and then flat ironed it dries it so much faster and keeps it healthier, shinier, and a lot less staticky than any cheap drugstore dryer.
But when you add all the techniques from the book its an amazing transformation. This dryer was so worth it.
It dried my hair so fast. It gave me shine and finally was able to fully dry my hair and keep that frizz that always comes back no matter how many times I run over it with my iron finally was gone about 90 percent.
It isn't a super light iron because of all the technology and the size but its not too heavy at all. I had no problem holding it for a half hour with one hand.
It has eight ionic beads. Thats amazing. Ions stop frizz. Its a scientific reaction and it works. Well.
Another thing that I absolutely love, love, love is the cord. It is thick and very durable and sturdy. This cord getting twisted up and ruined even with no wrapping and just regular use isn't going to happen with this. Also, this cord is so very long. Longer than the usual professional length. I love that. I love not being tethered 2 feet from a wall. It gives me more range of movement than I could have ever asked for.
This dryer is beautiful, stylish, fashionable, and very high quality with high functionality. This is something I will recommend over and over again. This is something I will buy for years and years to come. The manufacturers warranty doesn't hurt either.
But I do recommend buying the book or at least watching some videos by drybar about how to use their blow dryer for best results. Its more amazing than you could ever imagine if youre coming from a drugstore blow dryer especially.
Sarah M.
Review for: Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer
I have thick hair that has to be blown out or it’s frizz city, because of that, I typically go through store bought hairdryers every 6 months and they take forever to dry. I decided for the holidays to splurge on the Buttercup when my last dryer bit the dust. Best purchase ever!!! It has cut my drying time in half and I love the option of no heat but high air flow!!!
Suzanne M.
Fort Worth, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Definitely would’ve been a five star review except that I noticed I was using it, I will turn it off and put it on my counter and it was kind of weird vibrating sound inside. So I don’t know if there’s something loose and as it cools down it vibrates or what’s going on. But either way I would definitely what for this anyone that’s looking. Just because it is super simple to use there are tons of attachment you can get. And the fact that it has three different heat settings and these two speed settings are separate plus it has a cool blast button, make it definitely worth getting
Taylor C.
Aiken, SC
Review for: Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer
I LOVE THIS BLOW DRYER. It’s stays true to your desired heat setting, it does fluctuate at all. While it may be a little expensive, it’s worth it. I use this blow dryer on a daily basis & I have a lot of fine hair. My blow dry time has literally been cut in half with this dryer.
Nalani S.
Review for: Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer
Now...I have yet to try this blow dryer but I am DYING to.i have heard AMAZING things and that it is so worth the price. Okay and the packaging??? So stinking cute. I would say that I wish that they made more products to gosling with their appliances
Mel B.
Indianapolis , IN
Not worth the price.
Not impressed. This dryer leaves my hair frizzy and feeling brittle. My blow dryer is the only change I've made in my routine and when I use my old dryer, my hair is left smoother and softer. This dryer is about 1-2 mins faster than my old dryer but also a lot heavier... more than anything, it's the frizz that bothers me. I have medium-thickness, wavy hair. Maybe this would work better on people with fine or very straight hair but it's not for me--and definitely not at this price point!
JESSICA M.
Spring, TX
Review for: Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer
My #GiftCrush is a blow dryer! The reason for why I’d love a blow dryer is because my husband broke mine and now I don’t have one. ☹️ I haven’t tried this one I just need a blow dryer because they’re a necessity for me.
Emily N.
Brighton, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've had this dryer for the better part of three years and it still works as well as it did the day that I purchased it. I like that you can adjust the air strength and the heat easily, but not so easily that it happens accidentally. This is by far the best investment that I have made in my hair care routine!
Jaimie H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am the Queen of drugstore and lesser priced hair dryers. But after having so many break or spark up, I decided to invest in a better quality product. I absolutely adore the Drybar brand. The hair dryer is wonderful by protecting my hair with its functionality and performing well by reducing my dry time. I use this in combination to Drybar's Blonde Ale products and swear by their amazing results with my color treated hair.
Lauren F.
Loveland, OH
Tiffany R.
How much is this one?
Christina S.
Marlboro, NJ
Where's the cheapest place to purchase this?
Whitney R.
Norman, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been looking for a blow dryer to dry my long thick hair without taking forever. Sometimes it can take me 30-45 minutes to blow dry. Is this the kind of blow dryer that has the power to do that? Is it worth the money? Any extra blow drying tips to help make this process a little less painful?
Sophia S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this product worth the money?
Andrea W.
Whitley City, KY
Is this a pretty expensive blow dryer?