BY DRYBAR

A shampoo that counteracts brassiness, adds shine, and gently cleanses for the brightest, most beautiful blonde hair. This brightening shampoo features a deep purple formula that tones down brassiness and prevents color degradation of blonde and highlighted hair enhancing shine and keeping hair luminous between color services. The formula cleanses and strengthens hair without stripping color to leave hair vibrant and healthy-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is cruelty-free. see more...

• How does this shampoo compare to more cheaper alternative...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried Drybar Blonde Ale Brightening Shampoo 8 ...2 Answers
  • I am about to buy this and I want to know an honest opini...3 Answers
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I got a sample of this at Sephora, and my review is based on one use. This shampoo is well pigmented, and the color payoff was stellar! I’ve tried oribe blonde, blonde sexy hair, and AG purple shampoos, and out of those, DRYBAR had the best color payoff! My blonde and grays were lightened dramatically in just one use. I did not notice any scent using this, and it did not stain anything. Also, no scalp irritation for sensitive scalps! I left it in for like 8 mins, and then conditioned with Aveda Blue Malva.

My hair felt “weighed down”, and it was extremely dry (compared to my blonde sexy shamp/aveda cond combination). It was difficult to brush, but the next day, my color looked AMAZING and COOL BLONDE, which is why I give 4 stars. The price is also a bit high for the quantity.

I only wash my hair once a week, so it’s important to get the shamp/cond combo right for me. Maybe a different conditioner will help with the dryness this shampoo left behind? So 3 days later, my hair is flat, heavy, and more greasy than usual. And the brassiness starts coming back when hair is greasy, so I don’t know that this shampoo will work for me in the long run.

If you wash your hair before it gets greasy, and color is more important that dryness to you, this shampoo would probably be ideal for you!
And if you can’t decide, you could always alternate this shampoo, with a more hydrating shampoo. At least for a special occasion, you can have a great hair color, and can just throw some hair oil in to combat the dryness and it’s a win-win!
Christina R.
Roanoke
So about 5 months ago I started the process of going from brunette to blonde.  I am very particular about hair and was worried about brassiness.  After researching purple shampoos, I tried this one.  I have decided I don't need to try any others.  Every time I use this shampoo, people at work ask if I just had my hair done because the blonde is so much brighter.  I also find the scent tolerable.  It is a bit drying but I use a hydrating mask with this to offset the effects.  Will repurchase and glad I found my HG on the first go.
Summer M.
Chattanooga , TN
I LOVE this shampoo! After my last color I felt like my blonde was too ashy for my taste and I really didn’t want to pay to have it fixed so I tried this first & let me tell you it brightened my blonde up after just two washes! But just be cautious and only use twice a week as recommended because it will dry your hair out.
Jeniffer V.
I ordered this product to use on my highlighted hair. I do feel like the products works. It smells pretty good and a little goes a long way. The only reason why I’m only rating it a 3 is because it makes my hair extremely dry and I need to use conditioner and leave in after using it. Would be perfect if it wasn’t so drying.
Halle M.
Shawnee, KS
I bought this shampoo on a whim after adding blonde dimension to my hair. When I initially used the product, I obviously got excited because of the intense purple color that came out of the bottle. (It's the little things) And the scent made using the shampoo even more fun! The shampoo is sulfate free, which is one of my top priorities when looking for a shampoo. Unfortunately, my stylist told me to stop using this product as the blonde in my hair was not bright enough to have that much of an effect. I was sad when she told me this because it was so fun to use.  If I ever have enough blonde in my hair, I will use this product again!
Nina F.
I love this shampoo! It gave me a nice blond / ombre effect. Everyone thinks i did it on purpose. You feel the difference the first time you use it. I do think it's a bit pricey but it's totally worth it. I will defenitly buy it again.
Jasmin M.
Lakeland, FL
I typically use joico blonde purple shampoo but decided to splurge and try drybar. I love the drybar brightening shampoo! It has a rich purple color and you can actually see a tone difference after just one wash. I am highly satisfied with this product!!!
Kacey M.
southport
I love this shampoo. I get very blonde all over highlights and I use this once a week to maintain them. I can tell after i use this my hair looks much brighter and toned. It gets rid of the brassy color. If my hair is particularly dry I mix this in with a moisturizing shampoo and it works the same!
Angela S.
North St Paul, MN
This makes my blonde so much brighter! It doesn’t weigh my hair down either and it smells super fresh and minty, it’s a good way to wake up in the morning! It’s sulfate free so not a lot of lather, but I prefer that.
Kelly V.
Denver
This is a great shampoo for blondes.  It did not dry out my hair, and during the winter months, I found it did combat brassiness.  The smell is very nice, much less harsh than some other brightening products.  I gave it four stars because I do prefer the  AG Hair Sterling Silver Shampoo as I feel it clarifies my color better... and it goes on sale much more frequently at Ulta!
Stephanie M.
White Oak, PA
Where can you find this product at?
Sarah D.
Peyton , CO
What stores carry this? Really wanting to try it but not waste my money either. Does it really work?
Brook K.
Watsontown, PA
I am about to buy this and I want to know an honest opinion on this. Does it really work to help keep blonde hair blonder?
Beth Z.
Wyandotte, MI
Has anyone tried Drybar Blonde Ale Brightening Shampoo 8 oz ?! Did you see a different, is it worth the $27 price tag?
Christina G.
Woodbury, MN
I'm all about natural, organic, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free and phthalate-free products...  I've got chemically treated blonde hair, and have tried many 'blonde shampoos' that promise to remove brassiness without drying the hair out, etc. and would love to know more about comparisons, where you purchased, what prompted you to try this and if you would purchase again. Thanks!