Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30

BY DRUNK ELEPHANT

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A tinted physical sunscreen that delivers powerful UV protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage, as well as photoaging for a more youthful-looking complexion. Solutions for:- Fine lines and wrinkles- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skin tone If you want to know more…This tinted daily sunscreen is loaded with potent antioxidants astaxanthin, grape juice extract, and sunflower sprout extract to help defend from free radicals and environmental aggressors. Infused with raspberry seed and marula oils, Umbra Tinte™ delivers essential moisture and helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking healthy and youthful. This unique physical formulation is ideal for daily use and won't leave any white residue or greasiness. With a flattering tint, it is ideal for light to dark skin tones and leaves the complexion gorgeous and glowing. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates It is really difficult to formulate a physical sunblock without using chemical screens or cones. This physical sunscreen is formulated without any chemical sunscreens, which can be sensitizing and not as beneficial to skin as the naturally-derived alternative, zinc oxide. Umbra Tinte is non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and free of fragrance and essential oils.

Buy on Sephora
Chelle N.
La Crescenta, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a mini sample of this and I just didn’t like it at all. I expected a lot more out of this product because people seem to love this brand. The formula is really thick, sticky and oily. I tried to let it dry but it never did. Then I tried Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder but still no improvement so I ended up washing it off my face.
Sarah Y.
I have been trying to find my holy grail natural, physical sunscreen. I read numerous reviews on this, which were mixed. It has a fragrance, like chocolate. It does not leave a white cast, but did not work well with makeup over it, as it felt greasy. I ended up returning it.
Tyler S.
Cranston, RI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this brand but this stuff is heavy, with consistent use it broke me out, love the color and keep it around for those nights I want a warm summer look but can’t use daily which was the point of purchase due to the sunscreen! I haven’t tried it but I’d recommend setting this with some translucent power as it can get messy, have had to bleach a few white shirts so the color is totally there maybe start with a fingertip sized amount and work your way up, careful with application this stuff stains clothes!
Danyell M.
Port Saint Lucie
I can't say how much I love DE! This is the best stuff on earth.  I've been using the Umbra Tinte with a little concealer and blush and I'm good to go! Love that I don't have to wear foundation on these hot humid days. It is a little shiny upon application, so I blot my face with a tissue, and my skin looks healthy and fresh.
Jazzmyn H.
Palm Coast, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this sunscreen, like I️ love all of Drunk Elephant’s products! It doesn’t smell like sunscreen which is an automatic plus. The slight tint to it is nice too because it doesn’t make my tan complexion look ashy or greyed out at all! But it isn’t so tinted that it would be bad for lighter skin tones.
Hysa R.
Coralville, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like wearing this on top of a luminous primer and it looks super pretty and dewy and then I bronze and put on fake lashes and it’s a super pretty light makeup/no makeup look and I have dry skin
Stephanie L.
Murfreesboro , TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that it has a slight tint that way there is not a white cast left in my face. It’s also great everyday protection and I don’t have any issues wearing it under my foundation.
Mallory G.
Seattle, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is perfect for a pool or beach day. It’s just enough tint to color correct and give an even complexion, but not too much that getting wet will ruin your face.
Sarah G.
Wickenburg, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This sunscreen is nice, but there are others that I like better. My HG sunscreen is the one by Tatcha. I have sensitive, combination skin and it keeps me matte all day. A comparable product to this one is the Josie Maran tinted sunscreen. It gives me a healthy, dewy glow. I purchased this DE sunscreen at Sephora and I wish I had purchased the untainted one (I might exchange it), I found that this product doesn't have as much coverage as my Tarte Tinted BB Cream 12 Hour Primer with SPF, or the NARS one that I also use occasionally. My only issue with this sunscreen is that it is so sparkly. I feel like the shimmer outweighs the coverage. I was hoping to wear this for no make-up make-up days but without applying foundation over it, it is way too shimmery for my personal taste. Which is why I gave it four stars. I do love DE and own other products by DE that I absolutely love, but this product was a miss for me.
Juqee T.
Emeryville
Beauty Junkie Expert
First of all, I LOVE Drunk Elephant. It pains me to say that this product was a massive fail for me. I actually liked the formula. It did feel like almost never-drying, but I have dry skin so I wouldn't mind getting extra hydration whenever possible. The Glitter, though, was a big problem. First, I tested on my back of hand. I applied it as thin layer evenly, let it dry a bit, and then put setting powder on top of it. I wanted to see how it'd perform for the days I feel more relaxed and I don't want to wear a full-on foundation. It's nicely tinted after all, so I thought it would be perfect for no-makeup-makeup day. But immediately, I noticed intense glitters started showing up everywhere like shinning stars. THIS IS MY WORST ENEMY. If you have dry skin with a bit of texture issue, or large-ish pores, or a little old scar on a cheek... like me, this will enhance every little boo-boos. Without the glitter, I would've gave 5 stars and loved it forever and ever but unfortunately as-is it's unusable. Bummer :(
Oyuky R.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Does it leave you oily?
Krsh A.
Is this sticky or not when you apply it on the face?
Noemi F.
Baldwin Park , CA
Is it worth the price?
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
I've heard really good things about this product... has anyone tried it and what do you think ?
Morayma C.
Wow i did not use it could you tell me if there is not Greasy...