Add a Photo
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30

By DRUNK ELEPHANT
#810 in Sunscreen

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A tinted physical sunscreen that delivers powerful UV protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage, as well as photoaging for a more youthful-looking complexion. Solutions for:- Fine lines and wrinkles- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skin tone If you want to know more…This tinted daily sunscreen is loaded with potent antioxidants astaxanthin, grape juice extract, and sunflower sprout extract to help defend from free radicals and environmental aggressors. Infused with raspberry seed and marula oils, Umbra Tinte™ delivers essential moisture and helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking healthy and youthful. This unique physical formulation is ideal for daily use and won't leave any white residue or greasiness. With a flattering tint, it is ideal for light to dark skin tones and leaves the complexion gorgeous and glowing. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates It is really difficult to formulate a physical sunblock without using chemical screens or cones. This physical sunscreen is formulated without any chemical sunscreens, which can be sensitizing and not as beneficial to skin as the naturally-derived alternative, zinc oxide. Umbra Tinte is non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and free of fragrance and essential oils.

Photos (4)
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Wilson, WY

This sunscreen is nice, but there are others that I like better. My HG sunscreen is the one by Tatcha. I have sensitive, combination skin and it keeps me matte all day. A comparable product to this one is the Josie Maran tinted sunscreen. It gives me a healthy, dewy glow. I purchased this DE sunscreen at Sephora and I wish I had purchased the untainted one (I might exchange it), I found that this product doesn't have as much coverage as my Tarte Tinted BB Cream 12 Hour Primer with SPF, or the NARS one that I also use occasionally. My only issue with this sunscreen is that it is so sparkly. I feel like the shimmer outweighs the coverage. I was hoping to wear this for no make-up make-up days but without applying foundation over it, it is way too shimmery for my personal taste. Which is why I gave it four stars. I do love DE and own other products by DE that I absolutely love, but this product was a miss for me.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
HANOVER, PA

At first the name was kind of not drawing me in well but the more I researched and read the packaging about it i became pretty interested in it. It is very effective! You can use this daily as much as you want. It doesn't have harmful ingredients in it. A little bit goes a long way which makes the price of 36$ worth It! It hides slot of dark spots and the grape juice extract in it helps your skin stay protected from the harmful sun. I highly recommend this product to you and your family and friends!
Hope S.
Hope S.

This gives a beautiful finish to the skin with just enough coverage where I feel like you can't see my blemishes or redness, but not so much that it feels heavy or caked on. The tint is perfect for those with a light to medium skin tone, gives just enough color without looking too orange. I've been using it on my off days just to give a little bit of coverage without needing to do a full face of makeup and I love it. Doesn't feel greasy, heavy or overly dewy.
Irina K.
Irina K.
Moreland Hls, OH

I am in LOVE with this brands products, with the exception of Umbra Spf creme. Using daily the eye serum, thereafter the vitamin C serum, followed by the hydrating gel, the application of this thick sunscreen is nearly impossible as it is ballin up. It is way to thick to be used on top of other products. If they would reformulate it to a more liquid formula, I would love this product as I love the others.
Michelle V.
Michelle V.
Hillsboro, OR

This product doesn't dry down. It almost leaves my face sticky. I've been setting it with powder because I don't like the tacky feeling on my skin. However, it gives the most beautiful glow and I love the way it makes my skin look. It does require some effort to blend but I don't mind it.
Alicia N.
Alicia N.

Really excited to try this out. Not sure I like it though. The glow comes from glitter. I also feel like my face gets oily from it. I use all Drunk Elephant products and have great improvements in my skin but after using this for a week I'm starting to break out. It does add a nice touch of color to my face.
Angela G.
Angela G.
Cottondale

I've not tried the sunscreen as yet. But, after reading the info it sounds really much healthier for your skin than the other sunscreens in the market . I would live to try this and my skin type is normal .
Megan R.
Megan R.

This sunscreen is great! I am so happy it's tinted but it does blend well into my fair skin. I can wear it alone if I'm just going outside in the yard or under makeup if I'm going out. Either way it works great!
Beka S.
Beka S.
Camino, CA

This is a very good physical sunscreen. It's quite pricey, but it really does work, so the price is worth it :) the tube isn't my favorite, but it isn't so bad that it would put me off from purchasing again.
Susan Y.
Susan Y.
Lakewood, CA

So I've been using this under my makeup for a week and I love it,I get the sunscreen plus my makeup wears over it no problem! Buy it at Sephora 36$ definitely recommend!
Noemi F.

Paola G.

Where can i buy this?
Krsh A.
Krsh A.

Is this sticky or not when you apply it on the face?
Oyuky R.