BY DRUNK ELEPHANT

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A tinted physical sunscreen that delivers powerful UV protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage, as well as photoaging for a more youthful-looking complexion. Solutions for:- Fine lines and wrinkles- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skin tone If you want to know more…This tinted daily sunscreen is loaded with potent antioxidants astaxanthin, grape juice extract, and sunflower sprout extract to help defend from free radicals and environmental aggressors. Infused with raspberry seed and marula oils, Umbra Tinte™ delivers essential moisture and helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking healthy and youthful. This unique physical formulation is ideal for daily use and won't leave any white residue or greasiness. With a flattering tint, it is ideal for light to dark skin tones and leaves the complexion gorgeous and glowing. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates It is really difficult to formulate a physical sunblock without using chemical screens or cones. This physical sunscreen is formulated without any chemical sunscreens, which can be sensitizing and not as beneficial to skin as the naturally-derived alternative, zinc oxide. Umbra Tinte is non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and free of fragrance and essential oils.

• I'm looking for something to throw on my face prior to go...1 Answers
  • Is this suitable for very pale skin?2 Answers
  • This wears well under makeup?2 Answers
  • "My new go to sunscreen! I wear this everyday and I feel like it has given my skin the lift and dewyness it needs. It's so great for sensitive skin and made me feel protected without the cakiness of most sunscreens that we use when we put on makeup. I love it!" in 6 reviews
  • "Great for your beauty routine. I can't wear foundation because of my dry skin so it looks like I have the foundation caked on. This is a great buy to give me a little colour and has added protection of sunscreen" in 4 reviews
Kamille A.
Fresno, CA
So this is relatively the same as the regular one in which I said this: “Why are you so greasy? Drunk Elehphant, I love you so much and all your products. The level of Zinc Oxide in this is amazing and the value is good compared to other Sephora spf. But... I just... my skin... I look like an oil slick. This also sinks into my pores and accentuates all the bad things. Somehow makes my skin/acne/scarring look worse than it is”
However there’s the added bonus that there’s shimmer. So I am a greased oil slick, with emphasized pores that glitter with ugly golden flecks. On the upside this is tinted so it seems to kind of do a thing where there is less white cast... Proceed with caution. Maybe pass if you’re oily and porous.
3 stars for titanium dioxide levels, drunk elephant, and no white cast.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I really really like this spf tinted cream!! It’s more of a runny light cream. It has just the right amount of subtle sparkles in it that makes you look glowy! I have sensitive skin and this is the first DE product that has not broken me out! It oxidizes slightly, but give a slight tan look, not orange. The tint is a little bit darker than my fair skin, but the afterglow is soo worth it! Yes my neck is paler than my face, but I started putting this in my neck as well. Use a light coat and sett with setting powder for an oil free, sun protected day! Did not make me more oily than anything else, but it did not mattify either. But the afterglow is just perfect! You don’t need to wear foundation over this because it disguises redness and blemishes! Highly recommend!
Amber F.
Somerdale, NJ
I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora last year and fell in love with it! I'm a huge fan of Drunk Elephant so I expected to like this and I wasn't disappointed. This isn't oily or greasy, but still manages to give your a skin a bit of a glow, and has a nice sheer tint, like don't expect great coverage at all. It does a great job at making your skin look balanced and smoothed out without feeling like you have anything on your skin. It has a slight smell, not an artificial one, that reminds me of oatmeal. The consistency was weird to me at first, it felt globby and made me nervous, but it wasn't a problem at all and it applied evenly.
Ashlee H.
This is a great sunscreen, especially for no makeup days because it gives the skin a nice glow! I docked 1 star because it feels a bit greasy to me, but it doesn’t cause any breakouts on me so it’s really not a huge issue for me. I have worn makeup over this and it works fine, but with the tint I prefer to wear it alone on my no makeup days and use a non-tinted sunscreen when I still intend to use makeup for the day. Overall, I would say this is a great product. It does its job and makes your skin look healthy and glowing instead of oddly white like other sunscreens.
Karen N.
Rowland Hghts, CA
I can’t say I love this product. I can’t even say I like this product. It’s good that this product contains 20% zinc oxide, it’s the exact amount I’m looking for when it comes to physical sunscreens. It’s reassuring since I know I’ll be fully protected.

Sadly, the consistency & color of this product is just disappointing. This feels rather heavy on the skin—I feel like I have layers of makeup on my face when I put this on. The color is also not so flattering—not on my pale Asian skin. The glitter in the product does give a nice glow, but sometimes that glow can appear to be too shiny.

Zinc oxide is a tough UV filter to tackle, it’s hard to make a zinc oxide-based only product not white & pasty, light on the skin AND with enough percentage for sufficient coverage. I have yet to find a good American zinc oxide sunscreen out on the market.
Jacquie Y.
Rockville
This product is really amazing! I tried it hesitantly, I just wasn’t sure it would work for my pale skin, but I tried it anyway because the reviews were so positive. Now I understand why. Mixing a little bit of this into my moisturizer gave my skin a beautiful bronzy look. Like a glowy tan, but one that feels luxurious and doesn’t smell bad the way a self tanner would. I’m so excited about this, it really is my new favorite thing. I’ll be buying it again for sure!
Maggie R.
Purchased from Sephora a month ago. I’ve tried it several times on one side of my face for comparison purposes. I’m not a huge fan of tinted products because I like looking pale, but I would recommend to others who want some color and don’t mind the high price. This one is even more expensive than the Drunk Elephant Umbra(TM) Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 3 oz/ 90 mL for a smaller amount. I will be comparing this to BADGER® Tinted Sunscreen - SPF 30 Unscented Cream, which is half the price.
Rania A.
I think this is perfect for those that want something sheer and protective. It’s lightweight enough to where I felt comfortable working out with it on. Also can be layered with foundation or BB/CC for extra coverage. Only annoying part was that sometimes it would look grainy...probably because it needs to be applied in one direction. I did feel like it transferred though.
ik H.
kansas city
I love love love this sunscreen. Like I can’t emphasis how healthy and radiant my skin looks with this sunscreen alone. It’s the first product I purchased from Drunk Elephant and I’m in love with the brand already. I would definitely recommend it. I’m looking forward to purchasing more products from Drunk Elephant and trying out more. ❤️❤️❤️Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30
Ilse E.
Minneapolis , MN
I’m a fan of the Drunk Elephant skin care line, mostly because my face is “sensitive” and I break out with almost everything I put on mu face, I was afraid of using SPF because I did not wanted to break out from it, but then I discovered this sunscreen and I’m in love with it, also this agrees with my tanned skin tone, NO WHITE CAST :) it’s awesome!
Oyuky R.
RIO RANCHO, NM
Does it leave you oily?
Noemi F.
Baldwin Park, CA
Is it worth the price?
Krsh A.
Is this sticky or not when you apply it on the face?
Paola G.
Where can i buy this?
Morayma C.
Wow i did not use it could you tell me if there is not Greasy...