Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30

BY DRUNK ELEPHANT

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A tinted physical sunscreen that delivers powerful UV protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage, as well as photoaging for a more youthful-looking complexion. Solutions for:- Fine lines and wrinkles- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skin tone If you want to know more…This tinted daily sunscreen is loaded with potent antioxidants astaxanthin, grape juice extract, and sunflower sprout extract to help defend from free radicals and environmental aggressors. Infused with raspberry seed and marula oils, Umbra Tinte™ delivers essential moisture and helps minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking healthy and youthful. This unique physical formulation is ideal for daily use and won't leave any white residue or greasiness. With a flattering tint, it is ideal for light to dark skin tones and leaves the complexion gorgeous and glowing. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates It is really difficult to formulate a physical sunblock without using chemical screens or cones. This physical sunscreen is formulated without any chemical sunscreens, which can be sensitizing and not as beneficial to skin as the naturally-derived alternative, zinc oxide. Umbra Tinte is non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and free of fragrance and essential oils.

Buy on Sephora
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Wilson, WY
This sunscreen is nice, but there are others that I like better. My HG sunscreen is the one by Tatcha. I have sensitive, combination skin and it keeps me matte all day. A comparable product to this one is the Josie Maran tinted sunscreen. It gives me a healthy, dewy glow. I purchased this DE sunscreen at Sephora and I wish I had purchased the untainted one (I might exchange it), I found that this product doesn't have as much coverage as my Tarte Tinted BB Cream 12 Hour Primer with SPF, or the NARS one that I also use occasionally. My only issue with this sunscreen is that it is so sparkly. I feel like the shimmer outweighs the coverage. I was hoping to wear this for no make-up make-up days but without applying foundation over it, it is way too shimmery for my personal taste. Which is why I gave it four stars. I do love DE and own other products by DE that I absolutely love, but this product was a miss for me.
Juqee T.
Juqee T.
Emeryville
First of all, I LOVE Drunk Elephant. It pains me to say that this product was a massive fail for me. I actually liked the formula. It did feel like almost never-drying, but I have dry skin so I wouldn't mind getting extra hydration whenever possible. The Glitter, though, was a big problem. First, I tested on my back of hand. I applied it as thin layer evenly, let it dry a bit, and then put setting powder on top of it. I wanted to see how it'd perform for the days I feel more relaxed and I don't want to wear a full-on foundation. It's nicely tinted after all, so I thought it would be perfect for no-makeup-makeup day. But immediately, I noticed intense glitters started showing up everywhere like shinning stars. THIS IS MY WORST ENEMY. If you have dry skin with a bit of texture issue, or large-ish pores, or a little old scar on a cheek... like me, this will enhance every little boo-boos. Without the glitter, I would've gave 5 stars and loved it forever and ever but unfortunately as-is it's unusable. Bummer :(
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
At first the name was kind of not drawing me in well but the more I researched and read the packaging about it i became pretty interested in it. It is very effective! You can use this daily as much as you want. It doesn't have harmful ingredients in it. A little bit goes a long way which makes the price of 36$ worth It! It hides slot of dark spots and the grape juice extract in it helps your skin stay protected from the harmful sun. I highly recommend this product to you and your family and friends!
Elle J.
Elle J.
I have dry skin. This has been very easy to apply as I'm running out the door in the early morning to take kids to summer practices. I'm usually awful about spf unless it's in my moisturizer, but this has been a godsend. I've used it every day. It leaves some feeling greasy, but on me it soaks in within a few minutes and covers my redness so i can navigate life in public. I keep it in my purse. It has a familiar comforting scent... cocoa but more nutty. Idk. All i know is i love this and it gives my olive skin a warm glow not a white cast.
Melissa P.
Melissa P.
Sacramento, CA
I usually use it cosmetics cc cream so typically I don't use a sun block but I was looking for a sun block with a tint I seen this at Sephora gave it a try oh my sweet baby Jesus this is amazing it does leave a shimmer not glitter but a nice sheen .. has a odd smell not nasty but odd does go away after a while you get 2 fl oz and you only need about a nickel size amount of you can go get a sample and give it a try it makes your skin look so pretty all by its self
Charlene R.
Charlene R.
New York
Protecting your skin is super important. Most spf leaves a white cast on your face well people you may to sit down for this one. Not only is this spf rated one of the best It has a tint so no more white cast. The price is good as you only need a small amount for your entire face.
Hope S.
Hope S.
This gives a beautiful finish to the skin with just enough coverage where I feel like you can't see my blemishes or redness, but not so much that it feels heavy or caked on. The tint is perfect for those with a light to medium skin tone, gives just enough color without looking too orange. I've been using it on my off days just to give a little bit of coverage without needing to do a full face of makeup and I love it. Doesn't feel greasy, heavy or overly dewy.
Meaghann S.
Meaghann S.
I got this as a freebie from Sephora. This definitely worked as a sunscreen and didn't break me out, there's no denying that. However honestly I hate this product because of the smell. I HATE this smell. It could still smell it after all my make up was on and even noticed it while driving to work a few mornings. Also the 'universal tint' made my skin about 3 shades darker than it should and didn't blend away. Won't repurchase a full size
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
I am very on the fence about this product. I think it ends up looking good on me, but I hate the texture and how it applies. It's kind of a lumpy, whipped texted and it doesn't feel like it spreads very evenly eventhough it looks okay on. I'm always worried I look splotchy or blotchy or not evenly blended. I think that with other products out there that I like the application and finish of, I will have to pass on getting this again.
Travis C.
Travis C.
las vegas, NV
This product gives a nice warm bronzey glow to the body. But the only reason I can't rate this over 3 stars is that on the face it's just a total mess on my combo skin. And I love a highlight and a glow. But why must this product have chunky glitter in the formula? Also after a day on my face I started breaking out, which I'm guessing is due to the coconut oil in the formula. So it's top notch for body, but a disaster on the face.
Oyuky R.
Oyuky R.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Does it leave you oily?
Krsh A.
Krsh A.
Is this sticky or not when you apply it on the face?
Noemi F.
Noemi F.
Baldwin Park, CA
Is it worth the price?
Christen F.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
I've heard really good things about this product... has anyone tried it and what do you think ?
Morayma C.
Morayma C.
Wow i did not use it could you tell me if there is not Greasy...