Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz

by Drunk Elephant

A broad-spectrum suncreen that is loaded with potent antioxidants to fight free radicals, while delivering powerful UV protection and antiaging benefits. Umbra™ is a physical formulation loaded with antioxidants that aid in the prevention of oxidative cell damage and photoaging. Infused with sunflower shoot extract to exhibit strong anti-glycation properties and preserve natural cell energy, astaxanthin, a powerful carotenoid, raspberry seed oil, nature's most powerful sunscreen, and finally, marula oil for intense moisture and healing, this unique formulation will leave your skin healthy-looking and protected. Ideal for all skintones and types, it minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles without leaving any white residue or greasiness. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Umbra is formulated without any chemical sunscreens, which have been known to cause irritation and are not as effective as the natural alternative, zinc oxide. This cruelty-free product does not contain gluten, essential oils, fragrances, or colorants. Drunk Elephant formulations only contain ingredients that benefit skin health and assist the formulation, keeping them safe and making them ideal for even the most sensitive skin. The brand is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).

What skin type is this best for?
What makes this better than other sunscreens?
I Have pretty oily skin, how does this wear under makeup with oily skin?
Start your review of Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz!
Product Highlights
...but nothing compare to this one esp if you have a combination, oily to sensitive skin. It took me awhile to find the best match for my skin that won't coz redness or worse to breakout. When applied this sunscreen doesn't give you that feeling that you're wearing one at all. It's sheer which I am fascinated coz it blends well even under makeup. It's lightweight and gentle enough to even apply for kids like my 9 year old son... We go by this tube quick coz I use it with my boys. Love the unscented smell, price is reasonable coz u don't need to put a lot coz a size of dime goes a long way coz it's concentrated. Highly recommend it!!!! ☀️👍🏼 in reviews
Best face sunscreen for my skincare routine! It protects your skin from the sun and it also moisturizes it with nourishing natural ingredients. Its a little expensive but lasts a long time and is worth it if you have sensitive skin. Would definitely repurchasein reviews
Sarah H.
Saint Johns, MI
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Sarah H.
Purchased at: Sephora
I can not describe how much I dislike this as a facial SPF, it is so thick and viscous you have to reallyreallyreally work it in and still then there’s a white cast. If you have ANY melanin in your skin or even dark hair I would steer clear because it will make your skin grey as well as your eyebrows. It’s ok on my arms hence the two stars, just very thick.
Rosie N.
Lowell, MA
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Rosie N.
This brand comes out with real quality products. Umbra Sheer is a beautiful spf that doesn’t feel heavy or leaves any residue behind on your skin. 30 spf is a great amount for daily wear and even perfect for winter. It has ingredients that help reduce the appearance of sun damage and aging over time. The packaging looks a little different than their other collection but I like sunscreen to be in a squeeze tube. I've never invested in an expensive spf before and this one goes for $34. But it does come with a lot of products so it’s probably is worth it for someone who is really into spf. I might not buy this but I'm happy I received this complimentary from Influenster because it is such a wonderful product.
jena C.
Albuquerque , NM
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by jena C.
I love a good sunscreen but find that most irritate my sensitive skin. This stuff is light enough that it doesn't feel heavy after applying 3 products beforehand. And the sheer coverage and protection are awesome! Plus, when coupled with the rest of the line, I did not have to use a facial primer before doing my makeup! I am all about 'less is more' and this product is helping me achieve that. I love that the bottle is HUGE and will last all the way through the winter and probably well ulinto the summer with daily use. I plan on purchasing again after I run out, it is that good. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Amber M.
Omaha , NE
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Amber M.
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Amber M.
So I’m not a huge spf fan for my face...ahhhh I know I know! I try! But it is hard finding a good sunscreen that doesn’t weigh me down, leave my face feeling greasy, sticky, and full of clogged pores that turn into pimples so I was not very optimistic about this sunscreen when I received it in my Juice-C Water Smoothie Voxbox...BUT...just like the other 3 products I was very happy with the results. It is actually sheer and light so my skin isn’t left feeling icky sticky and full of pimples. I have continued to use this facial sunscreen since I got it and I am pretty happy with it! I also like that a little goes a long way so the bottle lasts quite a while! I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes. #drunkinlove
David K.
Lawrence, MA
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by David K.
I personally think it’s a hassle applying sunscreen everyday and when I’m going out but it’s a must!!! Everyone should get any sunscreen because anything is better than without. It’s applies effortlessly on to my skin
Dayane G.
Katy, TX
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Dayane G.
Absolutely love the packaging. Can take this product in my travels and not be worried about leaking product in my bag. It does smell a little like sunscreen, leaves no white cast and does not leave my skin greasy. I was worried that it would cause my skin to break out, as it does when I try new products, but it did not. I love and will definitely recommend to family and friends! I received this complimentary product for testing purposes.
Iris B.
Geneva, IL
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Iris B.
I use it as the last step of my morning/day skincare routine and it works well for my dry skin specially with another oil based products because it allows to blend my make up easier, I try not to layer too much serum, primer or base so I won’t get white cast or marks. Depending on how dry my skin gets sometimes I have no need to use moisturizer because it hydrates my skin along the day. It has practically no scent, the texture isn’t greasy or too thick and I have not had any allergic reaction or irritation, so I will keep using it.
Natasha F.
Los Angeles, CA
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Natasha F.
This is such an amazing sunscreen! I’ve used the tinted one before which is equally as great but I also really like this one as Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 (tinted). When first applied, it is super creamy and there is that white residue, BUT within a minute, it completely disappears! In terms of ingredients, it has many beneficial natural ingredients for the skin! What’s unique about this sunscreen is that it has Marula oil (Drunk Elephant is famous for theirs) in it so it is also very hydrating for those winter months and also post sunburn! This sunscreen protects and heals the skin! I also like that this ISN’T a chemical sunscreen and IS reef safe! Not only are you doing good to your skin, but also to the environment! I did receive this for free for testing purposes but that doesn’t change my perception on this item!
Natasha S.
MADISON, WI
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Natasha S.
As far as *physical* sunscreens, this is one of the best I’ve ever tried. It feels less heavy and spreads more easily and performs well. Unfortunately, I’m not big in physical sunscreen. It leaves less of a white cast than most, but it still leaves one. It works well alone or under light makeup, but I can’t imagine it playing well with heavier foundations .
Jennifer F.
Kansas City, MO
Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 3.3 oz uploaded by Jennifer F.
I love this sunscreen. I love how it minimizes the appearance of photo-aging and how it gives me a more youthful looking complexion. I also love how it moisturizes my skin without leaving it overly oily. It’s great for daily use and doesn’t leave any residue or your skin greasy.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...