BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #74 in Face Masks

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A 25 percent AHA and two percent BHA mask that works as a "facial" to reveal greater clarity, improved skin texture and tone, and a more youthful-looking radiance. Solutions for:- Dullness and uneven texture- Fine lines and wrinkles- Uneven skintone If you want to know more… This innovative mask is your at-home facial, containing a 25 percent AHA and two percent BHA blend to effectively yet gently resurface skin and exfoliate the pore lining. Babyfacial™ will dramatically smooth texture, minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, refine pores, and boost overall clarity and radiance. Power-packed with a potent yet soothing antioxidant complex plus chick pea flour to absorb impurities and brighten, it will reveal your freshest, most baby-soft complexion. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates A 3 mL/ 0.1 oz Virgin Marula™ Luxury Facial Oil is included with this purchase. Babyfacial was created with every skin type in mind. Glycolic acids get a bad rap for being sensitizing, but the pH level and accompanying ingredients (think fragrant oils or high amounts of alcohol) can be the real problem. Babyfacial has the ideal pH level of 3.5 to 3.6 with a blend of acids that work together synergistically to ensure higher efficacy, while helping to avoid redness and sensitization. Drunk Elephant only use clean, non-toxic ingredients that either directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. They never take into account an ingredient's synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its safety and bio-compatibility. You won't find silicones, chemical screens, sensitizing colorants, perfumes, or fragrant essential oils of any kind in their products, making them appropriate for every skin type. This is Drunk Elephant's commitment to you. As supporters of IEF (International Elephant Foundation), this product is cruelty-free an see more...

• I have heard so many great things about this and ...Be the first to answer!
  • SOS : Has anyone used this while using Retin A/ retinoid products?! 4 Answers
  • I've heard a lot about this brand. Are the products really worth th...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kim S.
Kim S.
Decided to update my review now that I have had the product for a while. I have used it a number of times and overall I am happy and do think i'll likely repurchase it when I run out Pros---It cleared up my skin. That is not necessarily one of the claims it makes but really after using it for a few weeks it dried up acne and my skin looks nice and clear . For me that is enough to justify the price. It makes my skin feel soft too but lots of things do that. Cons--so far I have not noticed any lightening of a dark spot I have which I was hoping this would help with. and Obviously it is very pricey.
Maeve C.
Maeve C.
Walpole, MA
this facial is very affordable and keeps my skin healthy and refreshed. It left my face feeling extremely soft and and left an even tone throughout my whole face. I would buy this product again definitely!
Linzy N.
Linzy N.
Lynnwood, WA
This is a great strong aha peel that is gentle on sensitive eczema prone skin. My skin feels baby soft . It does sting/ tingle at first but it is not unbearable. Make sure to wear sunscreen right after.
Maria R.
Maria R.
Bronx, NY
Been seeing this brand on Sephora and after seeing these reviews I am very tempted to buy the brand . I believe they have a face oil ?! Does anyone know ?
Christine N.
Christine N.
As others have noted, this is as close as you are going to get to a professional peel at home. The 25% AHA and 2% BHA combo is almost scary. There is a reason why the directions say to only use once a week and not to use if you are using a retinoid.

I first patch tested on the back of my hands just to see how I would fare and removed after 10 minutes. The back of my hands were as smooth as glass, devoid of lines and looked like a baby's bottom. I like couldn't stop touching the back of my hands in awe. I also did follow-up with the Marula oil on the back of my hands. Like the back of my hands were like glass. They even reflected light (whereas like my arm where I hadn't put this product on did not).

Reassured by the great results on the back of my hands, I then tried applying a generous layer of this to the entirety of my face, under my chin and neck and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I rinsed off and then washed my face. Again, my face just looked and felt like glass afterwards. My facial skin looked so smooth and polished and felt so refreshed and like it could breath. It reminded me of how my skin would feel when I use to get professional diamond facial peels that would remove the surface layer of dead skin to reveal the new baby skin underneath.

I did not suffer any irritation, redness or flakiness afterwards. This product tingles when on just a little bit but it quickly dissipates and my face did not have any reaction afterwards (with no breakouts which sometimes happens to me when I use too strong products). I did notice though that my face was quite tight and a bit dry (more so than from any other at home product I have ever used) and I did follow-up with a moisturizer immediately afterwards but also had to add the face oil an hour or two later once I realized the moisturizer was not going to be enough on its own to alleviate the tightness. I hadn't used the oil originally because I never use oils on my face. I also ended up having to follow-up with a hydrating and calming sleep mask. My face looked younger when I woke up the next day and my pores and especially my chin were completely uncongested. I have used Retin-A and this gives more immediate gratification results.

I would recommend this product for those who want to mimic a professional peel at home and who are not on a retinoid (or at least your skin has had a break from it for several days). I would keep it a light skincare day (just moisturizer and spf) the day after using this peel.
Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.
Chstnt Hl Cv, MD
Want professional peel results at home for a fraction of the cost?  Get Babyfacial.  I absolutely adore this stuff and despite the high percentage of acids, it is incredibly gentle and has never caused irritation on my skin.  If you have sensitive skin, you'll want to work your way up with daily exfoliants (TLC Framboos is a great one!) and/or start with just leaving this peel on for 5-10 minutes instead of the full 20 minutes.  I've only experienced tingling with this mask twice. Most of the time I don't feel anything when I apply it.  I typically use it in the evenings and indoors I can't tell much of a difference in my skin.  In my opinion, you see the biggest results after a few hours.  I apply on Sunday night, go to bed, and the next day my skin looks incredible, as if I have a filter on in real life.  My pores are visibly smaller and my skin is so smooth and even.  Not only do you get the anti-aging benefits of the AHA blend and pore cleansing of BHA, Drunk Elephant has loaded this with anti-irritants, anti-oxidants, and nourishing oils to keep your skin healthy and happy.  I can't recommend this enough, but do work your way up to it if you aren't accustomed to using chemical exfoliants and read up on Drunk Elephant's philosophy on ingredients that can sensitize skin.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
I recently purchased this from Sephora due to the fact I heard so many great reviews and was looking for a product that would help my skin. Boy oh boy am I glad I bought this because my skin literally feels like a baby! When you first apply the product to your face, you will instantly get a burning/tingling sensation that may be uncomfortable but it only lasts for a few seconds. Then you leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Immediately your skin looks radiant and feels so smooth! If there was a downside to this product it would only be that it has an off putting smell, like getting a perm type smell but honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. This product is a bit pricey but I'm telling you, it is so worth it since you only use it about twice a week and the results are instant. I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this product!
Katie L.
Katie L.
Portland, OR
PACKAGING // solid cardboard box with great informative descriptors / also includes a sample of their face oil

FORMULA and SCENT // extremely unique compared to masks I've used - much thinner but SO AMAZING. Light yet a bit acidic which is expected.

APPLICATION // it takes a few pumps to get a full face with a light covering and admittedly the first time I wondered if I should slather more on - but don't! Follow the directions. It WILL WORK!

EFFECTS // within 30 seconds of application I had a pleasant tingle which continued for the duration of 20 minutes. This. Stuff. Is. AMAZING. My skin was left glowing , smoother than it's ever been and just overall noticeably improved.

The one issue is I want to use it everyday which you shouldn't! It's ADDICTIVE and IT WORKS!

Highly recommend.
Imelda M.
Imelda M.
I've been using this babyfacial for over 2 months and it's probably the best product I've ever used! I use it twice a week and started to noticed results after the first use. This product is 25% AHA and 2% BHA that works as a facial to reveal greater clarity, improved skin texture and tone, and a more youthful-looking radiance. My skin looks brighter and smoother and my pores appear a lot smaller. I've also received a ton of compliments on my skin, which makes me so happy. I must say it does sting a little when I first apply it, but after a few minutes the irritation isn't as noticeable. Tip, don't use this facial after getting your eyebrows done the sting is even more painful. Also, before applying this facial use a gentle cleanser, if you use a cleanser that give you a deep exfoliation you will definitely feel the burn even more when you apply this facial. After I apply this facial I leave it on for 15 minutes before bed. I always follow up with a face oil and after I apply a moisturizer and in the morning my face look amazing. It's such a great product!
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
I have used this 1x a week for the last two months and I definitely have seen a difference in my skin texture and acne scars. It did take about a month for me to notice the difference, but it was very noticeable after that. In fact, last week I had to skip it because I was out of town, and I can tell that my skin missed this extra step. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I leave it on for 20 minutes, but even my husband who has VERY sensitive skin was able to keep it on 15 with no issues. He will probably try 20 next time. I followed it up with the marula oil sample that was included and nothing else as the brand suggests. I ran out of the marula and then just went to another oil I have. It didn't seem to make any difference.
I've heard good things about drunk elephant. The prices are pretty high but do you see results and think it's worth the money??
Gabrielle F.
Gabrielle F.
St Petersburg, FL
I wish Influenster would do a box with this! I'm dying to try and review it but it's so expensive! Do you like drink elephant or glamglow better?
Erin D.
Erin D.
Rochester, NY
SOS : Has anyone used this while using Retin A/ retinoid products?!
Aria C.
Aria C.
Montreal, Quebec
I've heard such amazing things about this products!!! Who has tried it? And can share their experience? Thanks xoxo
Maggie C.
Maggie C.
St Charles, IL
Alright guys I really need to know is this worth it because it's super pricy! Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial