BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #82 in Face Masks

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A 25 percent AHA and two percent BHA mask that works as a "facial" to reveal greater clarity, improved skin texture and tone, and a more youthful-looking radiance. Solutions for:- Dullness and uneven texture- Fine lines and wrinkles- Uneven skintone If you want to know more… This innovative mask is your at-home facial, containing a 25 percent AHA and two percent BHA blend to effectively yet gently resurface skin and exfoliate the pore lining. Babyfacial™ will dramatically smooth texture, minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles, refine pores, and boost overall clarity and radiance. Power-packed with a potent yet soothing antioxidant complex plus chick pea flour to absorb impurities and brighten, it will reveal your freshest, most baby-soft complexion. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates A 3 mL/ 0.1 oz Virgin Marula™ Luxury Facial Oil is included with this purchase. Babyfacial was created with every skin type in mind. Glycolic acids get a bad rap for being sensitizing, but the pH level and accompanying ingredients (think fragrant oils or high amounts of alcohol) can be the real problem. Babyfacial has the ideal pH level of 3.5 to 3.6 with a blend of acids that work together synergistically to ensure higher efficacy, while helping to avoid redness and sensitization. Drunk Elephant only use clean, non-toxic ingredients that either directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. They never take into account an ingredient's synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its safety and bio-compatibility. You won't find silicones, chemical screens, sensitizing colorants, perfumes, or fragrant essential oils of any kind in their products, making them appropriate for every skin type. This is Drunk Elephant's commitment to you. As supporters of IEF (International Elephant Foundation), this product is cruelty-free an see more...

• I have heard so many great things about this and i love Drunk Ele...-1 Answers
  • SOS : Has anyone used this while using Retin A/ retinoid products?! 4 Answers
  • I've heard a lot about this brand. Are the products really worth ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kim M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a huge fan of Drunk Elephant but I put off trying this product for so long because of the price. I had The Ordinary's AHA/BHA peeling liquid which have the same concentration of actives but Babyfacial really is so much better. The results last with DE while TO's don't as much. I also recommend this over TO's if you have sensitive skin because TO's tingles more and leaves my skin red while this one doesn't. I finally decided to try this out when my forehead took a turn for the worst and was covered in breakouts. I started using this once a week all over my face and within two uses my skin was looking so much better. It makes your skin baby soft immediately, which is what this is most known for, but it also makes your skin glow and clears your pores of all of the gunk. I usually don't end up breaking out after using this ("purging"), it just makes the breakouts shrink. It is especially good for the little bumps I have all over my forehead that never seem to go away or come to a head. I have started using this once a week all over my face and once a week as a spot treatment or t-zone treatment based on how my skin is doing. This stuff is potent so don't leave it on for any more than 20 mins! I accidentally left it on for about 25 and my skin was red and tender for a few days. You also shouldn't use more than 2x per week and don't use any other AHA/BHA or retinol products on the same day! This mask also comes with a small sample of their marula oil and while it is a bit heavy for me to use as my primary facial oil everyday, I do find that this is fabulous for putting on after using babyfacial. I really wish that DE would sell the mini version of this year round because it is an investment and if I run out I will probably wait for a sale to restock on it.
Shelby W.
Jeffersonville, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a sample size, .5 ounces, in a sephora favorites skincare box and I cannot wait to purchase the full size. This small .5 ounce bottle has currently given me six uses, and there is still some left. One downsize of the packaging (at least of this mini size, i'm unsure if full size is the same) is it no longer is pumping out, but when I take off the lid there is still PLENTY inside! This mask feels nice on the skin, and after six uses I am definitely noticing a difference in my skin. I feel it has a bit of a "purging" stage, as do a lot of chemical exfoliants, as its bringing all the impurities to the surface. I feel like it's truly in the process of changing my skin, however, and this is one product I can't wait to splurge on and get the full size.
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product works. Shrinking the look of my pores has been a desire of mine for years. I don't have particularly problematic skin, but my pores seem to have gotten larger looking as I've aged. It's not magic, but where my pores looked big before they've now shrunk in appearance and where you can see them, they appear clearer and less gunk filled. Up until now I've been using the clinique pore refining mask, which I like, and was effective but with much shorter term results. This is a product that seems to maintain it's effectiveness if you use it regularly.

The first time I used it the tingling sensation was very strong for me, but it dissipated after a few minutes. On subsequent uses the tingling is noticeably more mild.

I followed with the marula oil despite my fear that it would clog my pores and make me break out. I've been using it every night since and my skin looks excellent with no break outs. This line really is fantastic.
ΜcΚennα B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This brand in general is such a blessing, I love how natural and good for skin all of their products are! Babyfacial is a strong resurfacing mask that you can leave on for up to 20 minuets and then wash it off. It doesn't have much of a scent in my opinion( maybe I just like it and don't notice after so many uses?!). The mask itself is semi thick and yellow/cream colored. It's a bit sticky but easy to apply to skin with fingertips. I use it once a week and it clears out all my pores and gives great clarity immediately, as well as amazing lasting results. For its price I think this products is very worth it! The only con would be it may be too strong for some people however I believe you could still work up tolerance!
Stephanie M.
Locust Grove, GA
Got a sample of this from Sephora and started using with some trepidation because I’ve never used an acid other than salicylic on my face. I read some bad reviews and saw some horror stories, so I was afraid, I decided to take a chance and applied it on my face. When it started tingling I thought I made a huge mistake and started googling to make sure this was normal. It was and it went away after a couple of minutes. When I washed this stuff off and applied the follow up Marula Oil.... let me tell you!!! Amazing. I can’t say I’ll buy a full size of this product because of the price , but I’ll definitely use the heck out of this sample every week. #DrunkElephant #BabyFacial #Influenster #GiftCrush
Mary B.
Norfolk, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A facial in a bottle! It resurfaces your skin leaving it bright and smooth. It is very effective for my textured skin. I typically use this every 2 to 3 weeks whenever I feel my skin needs a little tlc. I always see a significant difference after every use with this product. Although it is expensive, retailing at $80, it is effective. For what it is worth, it also includes a 3 ml sample of Virgin Marula Oil, which also amazing! I can feel the oil absorb right into my skin minus the greasy feeling. I can see why everyone raves about Drunk Elephant, they really deliver amazing results! I highly recommend this product. It has become a staple to my skincare regimen.
MeTime M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've got a sample of this from Sephora about two weeks ago. I've only used it twice. First impression was OUCH! It stung a lot! I knew it would be tingly from other reviews, but dam.

Used it for 20 mins and washed it off- boy was my skin smooth and soft! It was very nice.

I was scared to use it again today. But I decided to give it a chance again. The sting was not bad-- it was just tingly. Nothing like the first time- I wonder if it was because it's not as fresh? But same effects was seen after washing off.

Definitely want to give it couple more tries before committing to the full size since $45 is a little bit expensive.
Celeste k.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pro:
It really works. I can see the results after one use. The instructions say to do it once a week for 20-30 mins each time. But I have been accustomed to using other glycolic acid treatments. So I was able to withstand it on my face for 45 mins each time. I felt a gentle tingling sensation on my face the first time I applied it. Its a yellowish brown paste. One pump is enough for the entire face. I just made a point to work it into the surface as evenly as possible. Once I washed it off, I could see that my face looked smoother and softer. I have continued to do it over 4 weeks and I continue to see the results. With this product, I don't see the need to invest in other expensive retinol products for my skincare routine. I can choose to vary my serum and moisturizers to focus on repair, protection and elasticity.

Con: Strong stuff. Not everyone can tolerate this product without feeling the tingling burn the first time. But I believe over time, you can adjust to it.
Expensive for a skin treatment. But worth every penny because a little goes a long way. I think this bottle can last me at least 6 to 8 months if I use it twice a week.
Meagan W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product will literally GIVE YOU A NEW FACE! I’m serious!! It’s called baby facial because of the baby soft skin you will have after you use it but your skin also looks brighter and just generally amazing - after the first time you use it - I swear! It is a bit pricey but you only use it once a week so it lasts awhile and #protip if you have particular areas that are bothersome (mine is my chin) then just do a partial facial to stretch it even more!
Shakeela P.
Littleton, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has become one of my favorite products .With weekly use I have seen: Old pigmentation fade a, smaller pores, improved texture, less breakouts and certainly less cystic breakouts. This product has been an absolute dream, and a welcomed addition to the family. It offers something that no other product has: an instant and immense improvement. I would not hesitate to use this the day of or the day before an event. All products sink in beautifully after using the mask.
I've heard good things about drunk elephant. The prices are pretty high but do you see results and think it's worth the money??
Gabrielle F.
St Petersburg, FL
I wish Influenster would do a box with this! I'm dying to try and review it but it's so expensive! Do you like drink elephant or glamglow better?
Erin D.
Rochester, NY
SOS : Has anyone used this while using Retin A/ retinoid products?!
Brandi H.
Winston Salem, NC
I've heard a lot about this brand. Are the products really worth the price?
Marianne V.
Pasadena, CA
How exactly is this product used? Is it a mask? Is it a cleanser? What is it? I have had my eye on the drunk elephant line, I can't bring myself to buy the products because of how expensive they are but I've tried samples and I want to try this product!