BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #4 in Face Serums

A 12 percent glycolic serum for night that refines and resurfaces skin by gently dissolving dead skin cells and supporting natural collagen production. T.L.C. Framboos™ is a refreshing, hydrating gel that resurfaces dull, congested skin by gently lifting dead skin cells away, revealing an even-toned and radiant complexion. Fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other signs of aging will be visibly improved, along with excess oiliness, acne, and the appearance of pores. The powerful blend of glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citric, and salicylic acids along with raspberry extract sink in easily and deliver the most effective and precise level of chemical exfoliation without the harsh side effects. Horse chestnut, bearberry, and white tea help to calm, brighten, and protect for a clear, smooth finish. Additionally, it enhances the performance of other products by clearing the way for maximum absorption. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates AHA's can be irritating if not formulated properly. A cactus plant enzyme blend was added, which is designed to reduce neurosensory irritation caused by the application of topical products such as AHAs. This cruelty-free product does not contain gluten. Drunk Elephant formulations only contain ingredients that benefit skin health and assist the formulation, keeping them safe and making them ideal for even the most sensitive skin. The brand is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).

• For what type of skin is this good for ?10 Answers
  • I have the Drunk Elephant Marula Oil, the B-Hydra moisturizer, an...9 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? I've tried very few night serums but I hav...12 Answers
Buy on Sephora
jamie d.
Rossville
i love this product! It's probably the most expensive singular item in skincare I own, but I'm obsessed with it. First of all, I know some people have said that it made them break out more, but that's because if you have sensitive skin, an AHA may not be the best product for you to use ALL OVER YOUR FACE. It might be best used as a spot treatment. Secondly, on that same note, with any AHA product you ARE NOT supposed to go into the sun, go tanning, etc. Meaning, if you use this tonight, don't go boating, or to the beach, or lay out at the pool (even with a towel over your face) tomorrow. That will screw with your face and the product. All of that said, I use the product before bed, and I put it all over my face. It helps minimize any inflammation on my face (something I didn't even notice I had, until I started using this product), it makes my skin smoother and whatever acne spots and areas I do have, it reduces the redness and helps to shrink them. I don't mix this product with any others. I use it as it is, before bed, and I follow the instructions. I don't tan, or go lay out, so that's not an issue for me. I've always tried sample sizes of the C-Firma, the Sukari and the B Hydra. I LOVE them. If I could afford all of them at the same time I would. It's seriously amazing. On a side note, I also got a sample of the Sunday Riley Good Genes, Lactic Acid serum/moisturizer from Sephora, and it burned when I would use it. So, I read reviews of other people saying similar things with this one. Again, I think it depends on your type of skin, how often you go into the sun, if you have damaged skin, type of acne etc. I learned with these products there is no one-type-fits-all. So keep that in mind. Does that mean that I would give Good Genes a 1-star rating? No, actually, I would give it a 4-star rating. I literally only mention that example, because I see reviews of people giving this one 1-star, or Good Genes 1-star, and it's because (most of the time), they don't understand the product, don't use the product properly or had unicorn expectations. It's a skin serum, not a magician. This isn't Harry Potter, lol.
Liesl G.
Quality of product is 5 star, but once you count in the price tag I would consider this a 3 star product.

I received a .27 ounce amount of this product with one of the Sephora Favoite's collections.  I have used this product on then off for a couple of weeks then consistently for at least two weeks at night.  I personally do really like this serum, it has a nice feel to it, no fragrances, it absorbs into the skin quickly, it also seems to be keeping my skin fairly hydrated.  I do have eczema on my face and even with this winter dryness it seems to be under control for the most part (just a little bit of roughness and discoloration).  The packaging is nice looking and I think would look good sitting out on a vanity or dresser.

I do feel a little bit of tight-ness after putting this product on, I've also had it happen a few times that if my skin is already a little sensitive in an area (sometimes this happens when I'm removing makeup) and then I put this on it really will irritate the area and turn all red.  I think this product works will for those with combination skin as it doesn't make my skin oily but also hydrates the dry areas.

I just cannot justify the $90 this product costs, even though I do feel a little goes a long way. I do like how it seems to be a cleaner product and if the cost was a little more reasonable (same amount for maybe around $50 I would continue to purchase and give 5 stars), but for the few times this has bothered my skin and for $90 I expect my eczema to be non-existent for me to spend that amount.

Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
This a pricey serum. It’s $90 for 30 ML/ 1 OZ of product. So I expected a LOT when I bought it, and I was not disappointed. This is a gel consistency 12% AHA Blend night serum. Glycolic
acid’s main benefit is that it exfoliates the skin so well. It’s a chemical exfoliate which will remove the skin’s top layer of dead cells give your skin a glow. They will reduce the look of fine lines wrinkles by plumping the skin help to prevent new ones from forming. It helps with texture by making the skin smoother. It will also help with uneven skin tone hyper-pigmentation. They can also help with pore size. I’ve had AMAZING results with this product! I’ve been using it
for a few months now have absolutely seem a major improvement in my skin. I’m just about to turn 30 so I have some lines on my forehead and fine lines around my eyes. I also have some texture and uneven skin tone. This product has truly helped to transform my skin. My lines on my forehead are greatly diminished. It’s helped with
congestion which has helped to reduce the appearance of my pores. My texture and tone is really improved. My makeup looks so much
better. I’ve actually had more than a few compliments on how great my skin has been looking! I don’t have really sensitive skin, but 12% AHA is a pretty high concentration so I started out slow. I started out using this every other night, then after two weeks I moved up to every night. My skin tolerated it very well and didn’t experience any sensitivity.

I highly recommend this product. I’m extremely happy with it. I will most definitely continue to repurchase. I only need one pump to cover my entire face and neck so a bottle will last a while. As I said, it’s pricey at $90 an ounce, but to me it's worth the money.
Annie K.
Johns Creek
i hate how much i love this serum, because it *jaclyn hill voice* like truly WORKS - but this is in no way cheap. like sunday riley, i know drunk elephant has been an iffy brand for a lot of people because of the price points alone. i haven't tried a ton of other chemical exfoliants, sans the  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel , which is also higher-end, so i don't have a ~ton~ of other products in mind that i could compare this to. i used the alpha-beta peel every other night and found that it got rid of the clogged pores on my t-zone fairly quickly, but i still had some noticeable clogged pores on my right cheek, which is a problem area for me for some reason.

enter: the framboos glycolic night serum.

i purchased this serum during the VIB sale last fall. i decided to start using it after the clogged pores on my cheek got too bothersome, applying one pump every other night before my night cream. the first few days, i experienced a period of purging, which, for me, looks like clogged pores on the t-zone (aka my most consistent problem and problem area), and decided to take a break from the serum per some research i did during this period. i went back to using the daily peel for about a week before giving the serum another try. i've been using it for about 2-3 months now and my skin has never felt smoother and most importantly, the pores on my t-zone stay unclogged. the gel-like consistency sinks in almost immediately and a little tingling is normal.

TL;DR - purging with this product is normal and happens to some people upon first usage. if it is indeed purging rather than breaking out, i'd say push through it! nothing has ever made my skin so clear and chemical exfoliants truly work, at least for me.
Stephanie J.
Elm City, NC
If I could only recommend one skincare product (besides cleanser and moisturizer) to add into your routine, this would be it. It has been life-altering when it comes to my skin’s texture. I have the smoothest, most even-looking skin since using this. I use it on a nightly basis. One pump covers my entire face. I apply it after cleansing and toning, but before moisturizing. I was hesitant at first since the price tag was a whopping $90 friggin bucks; however, I was desperate to get rid of the uneven texture on my skin. This quickly worked effectively and rather quickly and I saw results within about 2-3 weeks. Be aware that it may sting the skin for a second or two, nothing unbearable, but if you have sensitive skin this probably isn’t the product for you.
A H.
New York
Love the gel-like, cool, smooth texture. Glides on beautifully and does not leave a grimy oily feel. I do think good moisturizer to follow is important, learned this the hard way as my sensitive skin began to feel a little too much of a tingle after a week without moisturizer. Definitely more of a daily use than the baby facial but I love both!! I never thought I would see a difference after just a couple of days :) definitely more glowy and dewy and smooth, which is remarkable for me given how stressful my job and work hours were when I started using these products. Normally my skin would be extra dull, dead, and disgusting with new breakouts. Total believer in DE after TLC, baby facial and C-firma <3
Fatima G.
Los Angeles
I started using glycolic serums after I had my first facial done, and I fell in love with them. When I saw Drunk Elephantcoming out with this new product I ran to Sephora and picked one up. So glad I did. I have sensitive skin, so when I apply this product it feels a little tingly for a few seconds then it stops. It goes on smooth on the face and it’s very light. I use it at night only and when I wake up the next morning my face looks literally rejuvenated. Lol as silly as it sound. Overall great product. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
Savannah M.
Definitely seemed to work as far as smoothing and toning my skin; however, after several days of use, I noticed little white and flesh colored bumps appearing on my skin. After 3 weeks I discontinued use to see if the bumps would disappear. In just 2 days the bumps/small pimples were gone.
The product has good ingredients not known to cause acne, however, I believe the ingredients caused irritation to my skin which then led to the formation of the blemishes. My sister had the same problem with this product as well. It definitely does what it says it does, really tightened the look of my skin, but just beware if you are prone to acne.
Lauren W.
This is the best serum I have ever used. I see results almost instantly. There is a bit of a tingly feeling when you apply it, but it isn’t too bad and doesn’t bother me at all. I was nervous to spend this much on such a small amount of product, but after using it for 3 years now it is a staple in my skin care routine and I will continue to repurchase it over and over. It is so worth the money! It makes my skin feel soft, reduces the size of my pores over night, and gives me a glow that I know I don’t have when I don’t use it. Anyone who is on the fence because of the price, take the plunge and just buy it! You won’t regret it!
Valerie S.
At first it made me break out quite a bit, I cried from frustration. However, I stuck it out and ended up loving this stuff! I really did notice a difference in my skin texture and overall skin tone (more even) while I was using this. While it didn’t do a whole lot for my existing blackheads, it did make them easier to extract and I did feel my pores did not appear as large. It was also great as a spot treatment. Overall, it was a very gentle and effective product on my very acne prone/very sensitive skin, although it did take a few weeks to start seeing results. I would buy it more regularly if it wasn’t quite the splurge!
Is it worth the price? I've tried very few night serums but I have sampled other drunk elephant product and highly recommended
Andrea R.
Glendale, NY
I've been looking for a good serum that does s little bit of everything: lighten my acne scars, make my pores smaller, make my skin feel smoothr etc. I've heard a few people rave about this serum but I don't know if I should commit because of the price. Is this the real deal? And is this worth all the hype??
Adilen G.
For what type of skin is this good for ?
susie j.
I have the Drunk Elephant Marula Oil, the B-Hydra moisturizer, and this Glycolic Night Serum. Which order should I put them on in, and how long should I wait between applying each?
Cece C.
Richmond, TX
Is this worth the price? I have some hyper pigmentation on my forehead and want overall even skin tone.