BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #9 in Face Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A 12 percent AHA/BHA serum for night that refines and resurfaces skin to reveal a smoother and more radiant complexion, while enhancing the performance of other products by clearing the way for maximum absorption. Solutions for:- Dullness and uneven texture- Pores- Uneven skin toneIf you want to know more…This high-tech gel resurfaces dull skin, lifting dead skin cells away by gently dissolving the glue that holds them to the surface. The results are greater clarity and a smoother, more even-looking complexion. Formulated with a dream-team AHA/BHA blend including glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citric, and salicylic acids, and blended with raspberry extract, T.L.C. Framboos™ sinks in easily and delivers an effective level of chemical exfoliation without the harsh side effects like dryness or sensitization. Fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration, along with excess oiliness and the appearance of pores, will appear dramatically diminished. Horse chestnut, bearberry and white tea help to calm and soothe while improving the appearance of broken capillaries. Go from a drab complexion to an absolutely luminous one practically overnight. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates AHA's can be sensitizing if not formulated properly. Drunk Elephant added soothing plant extracts and formulated T.L.C. Framboos at the ideal pH level of 3.8 to 4, which is the key to an effective formulation. This product is vegan and gluten-free. Drunk Elephant uses only clean ingredients that either directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. They never take into account an ingredient's synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its safety and bio-compatibility. You won't find silicones, chemical sunscreens, sensitizing dyes, perfumes, or fragrant essential oils of any kind in their products, making them safe and appropriate for every sk

• Did you guys like this product?1 Answers
  • Is this worth the price? What results have you personally...3 Answers
  • Is it suitable for sensitive skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kim M.
I'm a big fan of Drunk Elephant and I trade off between this and a retinoid on the nights I don't use their Babyfacial. I was previously mixing The Ordinary's lactic acid 5% and salicylic acid 2% serums and when I switched over to this I didn't notice a difference at all, until I switched back to The Ordinary's and my skin started breaking out and looking more dull. I have the entire Drunk Elephant line and this is one of the few products that if I needed to cut back on expenses I could pass on. Their Babyfacial is absolutely amazing and this seems to be a weaker version of that so it sort of maintains the results of the mask between uses. If you haven't ever used chemical exfoliants or have very sensitive skin I think this is a great option to start with because the Drunk Elephant products are really well formulated and don't have any irritating ingredients. This serum and others like it are wonderful for acne without being drying on my already dry skin and also work to lessen lines and wrinkles. A bottle of this will set you back $90 which is really hard to fork over, but because I use an affordable retinoid by The Ordinary every other night instead and skip on the days I use Babyfacial this $90 serum lasts me around 9-10 months so spending $9-$10 a month isn't bad at all for an acne treatment although you do have to pay it upfront. If you are trying to save money I would suggest getting The Ordinary's lactic acid serum and salicylic acid serum and mix together and apply for a similar product. One of the nice things about this serum though is that it has a variety of different AHAs so you get the benefits of all of them; this has tartic, lactic, citric, and glycolic acids along with salicylic acid). Overall I would recommend if you can afford to splurge, otherwise I would say to find an alternative and spend the big bucks on a different product in the Drunk Elephant line, like their Babyfacial, because those are undupable.
Megan B.
This is probably the most amazing skin care product I’ve ever purchased in my life. It is something that you have to become acclimated to using. I wanted to discontinue using this early on because it does make your skin purge. However once your skin starts to clear up you will see that your pores are definitely smaller and there are definitely less of them this is the only thing that had any real results with for my black head issues. I have combination skin and rosacea and this did not irritate my skin at all it made me break out but that’s part of what happens when you use something that deeply exfoliates your skin. My only gripe is the price apparently there are some similar product out there but they’re not the same as this one and not as good so if you can find a dupe for the oil that you use with us go for it and paid 80 for this.
Morgan S.
Cambridge, MA
I had heard for so long about how amazing and life-changing this product was for so many people. I was skeptical at first but got a small travel sized one first to test it out and it definitely lived up to the hype. I have only relatively recently gotten into acids and retinoids and this just blew me away. I put it on at night before I go to sleep and the next day all of my problem areas are visibly clearer. I wouldn't use this every night because it is still an acid and can dry out your skin or your skin can build up a tolerance but if I am having a particularly bad skin week I will allow myself to use this a few nights in a row, followed by spot treatments in the morning, and usually my face clears up within about a week.
Miranda M.
Whiteland, IN
This product has literally changed my skin and my life. I use this nightly after cleansing (usually Drunk Elephant's JuJu or Peekee Bar) and mix it with 1-2 drops of Drunk Elephant's Virgin Marula oil. It takes a little while for your skin to get used to the tingle when you first use this as it is heavy in AHA's. With all Drunk Elephant products, there are no artificial fragrances or colors, so this is an odorless, colorless product.

I have suffered from redness and hyperpigmentation on my face for my entire life and anytime I switch skincare products, it's a nightmare. There is usually a 2-3 week adjustment period for my skin during which it goes berserk and I break out like a middle schooler after gym class. I knew this night serum was the one when I woke up after just one use with calm, glowing skin. My overall skin tone has become much more even in the month that I have used this product and I will never go back!

You can find this product at all Sephoras (not sure about Sephora inside JCPenney). It runs about $90 for the 1 oz bottle and $120 for the 1.7 oz. So, yes, the price is steep, but it is worth every penny. Drunk Elephant also uses an excellent vacuum system in their bottling so not even a drop will be wasted. I can not recommend this product enough! Invest in your skin, it's worth it!
Amy L.
El Paso, TX
This was one of my favorite products of the year. My skin looked fantastic, the scars started fading, my acne cleared up, I've never looked more radiant. My only complaint is that the instructions on the packaging are very unclear. After the first few days of using this, my skin was peeling and red and just all around uncomfortable. I happened to find advice in a reply to a customer on one of their Instagram posts suggesting to use it every other night. This did work better for me with that advice, but that really should be listed somewhere more accessable. Especially for a product at this price point, it just makes sense to ensure people are happy with it and using it properly.
Meg M.
This is a great treatment and helped me at a time when I had nothing else. The consistency is very gel like and easy to spread by dries quickly. This really helped to lessen my breakouts and help get rid of some of the dead skin clogging my pores. However, I had to use this every few nights or as a spot treatment at times because it became too drying . While this helps to decongest or lessen blemishes it was not a miracle worker. I continued to use because it was the only product I had that somewhat helped and the whole brand is easy to love and get caught up on. This is a good product however I am finding there are others that work better for me without being as drying.
Nuria T.
This stuff is amazing. You can definitely see a difference on you skin. I bought the 8mL size because, well let’s be honest... it’s a pricey place product. Once I tried, I was blown away. I have sensory skin and every time my forehead touches my dog’s fur I get tiny bumps all over. After cleansing my face I applied this and then some face oil. The next morning the bumps were pretty much gone, my skin was so soft and bouncy. I used it twice a week and even though it’s a small bottle it lasted quite some time. Now I’m considering buying the regular size, but ugh the price. Anyway if you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely should!
Eva K.
I tried this based on a friend’s recommendation and am so happy I did. This serum goes on as a gel and takes about 15 minutes to fully absorb into the skin. It can be a little tacky as it dries, but the stickiness goes away once it is fully absorbed. It is super effective thanks to a highly concentrated blend (12%) of AHAs (glycolic and lactic acids). There is also some salicylic acid in there for good measure. It literally tackles every skincare issue you can think of – aging, hyperpigmentation, dullness, pore size, acne, etc. The list goes on. If you want to test it out before committing to the full-sized version, there is an inexpensive travel-sized kit at Sephora (it also includes their Virgin Marula Face Oil, which is also great) that will last for at least 2 weeks.

This serum has given me brighter, smoother and more even skin. (It has even eclipsed my beloved Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment. I still love the stuff, but don’t use it as often now that I discovered the Drunk Elephant serum.) Plus, it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin at all. In fact, it has reduced redness and blotchiness faster and more effectively than any other serum I have tried. What more can I say? This product is freaking phenomenal. (holy grail status)
Jessica D.
Virginia Bch, VA
As I’ve mentioned in other DE reviews, I love the brand. I love the quality of their products, and this one is no different. I am a hardcore, serious skincare lover. I have a my nighttime and daytime routines down to a science. I have combo-oily skin, and am very prone to acne and acne scarring. This serum has done miracles for my skin. I have noticed smaller pores, less scarring, and an overall brighter complexion. This serum is not as sticky as other glycolic serums can be which is so nice. It is a very pricy serum, but definitely worth the splurge for the results. A definite must for my nightly skincare routine.
Bella M.
corpus christi
This is the best chemical exfoliator serum I have ever used. It is quite expensive but worth every penny because it works SO well. I personally find it quite gentle, but if you’re just dipping your toes into chemical exfoliation then I wouldn’t jump right on it considering the high aha/bha percentages. My skin absolutely loves it though, it makes it so much more smooth and bright and it also help fights acne so I rarely have breakouts anymore. I would recommend this to anyone that is experienced with acids, especially if you aren’t wowed by your current one.
💋Cara S.
If i were to want to try another skincare line, this is It! Who is a Drunk Elephant devotee - and why?
Nikki A.
Wagram, NC
Is this worth the price? What results have you personally seen from using this product consistently. And would you recommend it for someone who has, normal to combo skin?
Yeseñia B.
Madison, WI
Do you think this is good for oily skin ?
Phebean C.
Columbus, OH
Did you guys like this product?
Olga P.
I have seen so many positive reviews on drunk elephant... Is this product good for mature dry skin ?