Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum

by Drunk Elephant

A brightening eye serum formulated with a powerhouse of ingredients to tackle major signs of visible aging under and around the eyes, such as fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, and age spots. The Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum contains potent doses of black tea ferment and copper peptides that work together to support natural collagen and elastin production and stop glycation effectively fighting aging before it begins. The combination of edelweiss stem cells and niacinamide visibly reduce wrinkle depth and improve elasticity and barrier function. A derivative of the flavonoid hesperdin works to reduce dark circles while powerful antioxidants in Co-Q10 fade age spots. Apply under the eye, around the orbital bone, and on the eyelid each morning and night for a healthy-looking, renewed, radiant appearance. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Drunk Elephant difference: this serum uses ingredients to treat the issue, not just cover it up, and does not contain light deflectors commonly used to trick the eye. It is non-toxic and does not contain natural or synthetic fragrances. Drunk Elephant formulations only contain ingredients that are there to benefit skin health and support the formulation keeping them safe and making them ideal for even the most sensitive skin. You will never find colorants or fragrances in any Drunk Elephant products.

Have you seen results with this product?
Is this good for sensitive skin ?
Do you notice a difference in dark circles or creepiness when using this serum ?
Start your review of Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum!
Fort Lee, NJ
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by Ginger S.
For more reviews- follow me on Instagram! Shaba Complex is one of Drunk Elephant's less famous products, I've shown it next to some of it's more famous siblings. Drunk Elephant has two products for the eye area- C- Tango - which gave me an allergic reaction, and Shaba Complex. Shaba is marketed as an eye serum to take away the signs of aging and tiredness, like fine lines and dark circles. What's interesting about Shaba is that it does not contain light reflecting particles like a lot of under eye creams, so the results you see are real, not makeup. What it does contain is edelweiss stem cells, niacinamide and Co-Q10. Niacinamide does brighten the skin and is good for dark under eyes, which is why I was interested in this cream as my circles are quite dark. The texture of Shaba is a thin, milky cream. It is not as thick and hydrating as other eye creams that I try and prefer. For me, this is not a rich enough night eye cream as I prefer something with more moisture. It is packed in the typical Drunk Elephant airless pump bottle, which is a much better way to dispense eye cream than in a non sanitary jar. I tried Shaba for a while and honestly I did not see any results. It also felt a little bit drying, like it dried my eye area, and at night I needed to layer a thicker cream over it. It didn't help with my undereye circles or fine lines that I noticed. This is priced at $60 for 15ml, which is pretty expensive for an eye cream. I thought it was fine but at this price point I wouldn't repurchase it. I rate Shaba 3/5 stars. Given this has a powerful blend of ingredients, it might help someone who is younger and has less pronounced lines and circles than I do. All in all this is a nice lighter eye cream, that can be used day or night.
Clearwater , FL
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by jaqi J.
I bought this Serum because I was running low on my DE C-tango eye cream. The packaging is super cute and features the square pop up twist top for easy hygienic dispensing. It is $60 for 15ml/ .5 fluid oz. it is a much lighter, silkier texture than C-tango, which I guess is why it is considered a serum. It is meant to help with fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage. If used in the morning it also helps with firming and puffiness. It contains Copper peptides, Edelweiss Stem Cell, and Black Tea. As with other DE skincare there is no scent, and it is free of what they call the suspicious 6 ( silicones, essential oils, chemical sunscreens, SLS, drying alcohols and fragrance/dyes ) I like to dot it on around my eyes and lightly tap in and follow with C-Tango at night, and use on its own in the morning. I am not sure I prefer it to C-Tango at this point but I like the option of a lighter type formula and with DE you can safely mix their products to maximize results, so it is fun to change it up and incorporate a new product in my routine. And I like that it contains Niacinamide a good ingredient for anti aging . I have not had any adverse effects such a itching or burning. I would recommend this product, I really like the way it makes my skin feel!
Holly Springs , NC
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by Alesha  .
🐘 Today I’m talking about @drunkelephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum. A satiny eye serum formulated with a powerhouse of ingredients to tackle the major signs of aging under and around the eyes such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage for a rested, more youthful appearance. Unfortunately i didn’t to well with this product and my eyes became very irritated and sensitive. So I had to stop using this product. But for others this may be a good product for you. Shaba Complex Eye Serum contains potent doses of black tea ferment and copper peptides that work together to support a firmer-looking appearance around the eyes, helping to slow down the signs aging before they appear. A unique combination of edelweiss stem cells and niacinamide helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I will be passing this on to a friend to try out. No good product will go wasted! I’m a firm believer that if the product doesn’t work for me, I believe a product will work for you. We all have different skin types and we all react differently to products. I one thing again I will say is that I love love The convenience of the twist applicator on the @drunkelephant products are so amazing. 🐘 Free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance. 🐘 Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free. 🐘 So tell me have you used a @drunkelephant product that didn’t work for you? 🐘 I like to thank @drunkelephant and @influenster for sending me this product to try out in Exchange for my honest opinion. 🐘 🐘 🐘 🐘 • • • • Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum
Ozone park, NY
Lets be honest. Again no one needs an eye cream. It is not necessary to buy an extra product to use under the eye for cream. If it were I would give it 5 stars but I am only giving 4 as i do not want anyone to read this and think oh my I have to buy it. YOU DON'T! I will say if you are in the market for an eye cream you cant go wrong with this one. It provides a great amount of hydration and I do not mind adding an extra step. Some people will swear by eye cream because the the effects it has on the eye that they can see but again as I've said in the past if you are using a very hydrating cream on any area where there are fine lines and wrinkles and you notice a change in the appearance of them that is only because hydrated skin is plump and therefore gives the illusion of softened wrinkles when it reality it has not changed the wrinkle at all. I do not believe you will be disappointed in this products hydration just have realistic exceptions when using anything for your skin. Believing you will reverse time with these products will only leave you disheartened!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
I have been searching for a gentle moisturizer for around the eye and think this is it! I have some fine lines and suffered from milia from other brands that just had way too many ingredients, so I’ve been hesitant at using anything targeted for eyes (just a little facial oil). I also have dark circles (genetic), so have to use makeup regardless if I want to cover them. While this serum doesn’t brighten circles, after a few weeks of use I noticed some improvement on the fine lines (presumably from better hydration)! I will definitely keep this as part of my routine! I really like how the container allows you to use product without contaminating the rest of the serum (like tubs of eye cream!), but a full pump is way too much around my eyes, even covering eyelids and brow bones, so I stick to a 1/2 pump or less. This bottle will last forever as long as I remember to do a mini pump. *I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes in exchange for my honest review.
Plano , TX
So far this has been a great eye serum. It’s a bit thinner than I’m used, but a little goes a long way and not much is needed to cover the whole orbital area. I’ve been using consistently twice a day for a week and I don’t expect overnight results, but the first time I used it, I felt a physical tingling around my eyes which I hope means it is helping firm the fine lines around my eyes. This is my second time to use a “clean” eye product and I have noticed that it takes my skin a little adjustment period to get used to the ingredients, but other than a bit of physical sensitivity the first day, the product is fairly gentle. My only complaint is the packaging. The product is dispensed by a pump so it’s hard to measure out how much to use. Since it spreads so easily, I found I only need about a quarter of a pump and it’s taken some trial and error to get the right amount out so I’ve wasted more product than I would have if it came in a small tub.
Mt Washington, KY
I received this product complimentary in exchange for an honest review, as well as three additional Drunk Elephant products to make up a four-step morning routine. I'm not entirely sure what the difference between an eye serum and eye cream really is, perhaps that explains why this product is more watery than my normal eye cream from Farmacy. A little goes a long way and you do not need a full pump to get enough product for my both eyes. This product has no smell that I can detect. The price seems a little high, but you do get a nice sized bottle and so long as you are careful about how much you pump out every morning, I think it could last for a while. I've been using this product for a week at this point, and haven't seen much difference, but to be fair, I really don't have dark colored bags under my eyes (thankfully!). Would I purchase this item myself? Maybe, depends on if I see much improvement or firming of my under eye area by the time the bottle is empty.
Parker, CO
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by Andi K.
I’m super particular about my eye creams. Like so particular that I’ve no joke gone through at least 50 different eye creams at price points $200 apart from one another. There is only one on the market that does it for me. I tried this Shaba Complex Eye Serum with high hopes I would find another one I could add and have a rotation. Unfortunately this really wasn’t hydrating enough for me without the use of my other cream. I need a thicker creamy consistency I guess, because this serum gel-cream was not enough. It made my under eye skin feel pretty tight and dry after a little while once it absorbed. Also made my concealer look pretty crepey after application. Too bad because I love the packaging and control of the amount of product disbursed, and some powerful ingredients found in the formulation. Having to purchase two products isn’t worth it to me so for now I will stick to my other eye cream. I received this product complimentary by Influenster in exchange for my honest review.
Omaha, NE
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by Amber M.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum uploaded by Amber M.
When I received the Juice-C Water Smoothie Voxbox I was excited to try Drunk Elephant for the 1st time but I’m not going to lie with all the eye serums, creams, and gels available it is really hard to surprise me but as with the other Drunk Elephant products I tried I fell in love! A little goes a long way and you just slowly & lightly pat it in around your eyes leaving them looking fresh, healthier, and feeling like a million bucks! Now I do still use a depuffer gel when needed but that’s rarely. This eye serum literally feels amazing and leaves my eyes looking amazing!!! I am now and forever a Drunk Elephant customer! This is one eye serum that is staying in my skincare arsenal so I can continue to look younger than I am for as long as I can and keep the skin around my eyes healthy and bright! I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes. #drunkinlove
Yorktown, VA
I recently got this serum to review and its definitely making a permanent stay in my skincare routine. Absolutely LOVE this eye serum. I have to be careful what I apply around my eyes because that area is sensitive for me and this is one of the only products I’ve found that hasn’t burned when I apply! So great for those with sensitive skin. It’s super creamy and silky. A little goes a LONG way - you don’t even need a full pump, just a little baby pump for both of your eyes areas. Pro tip- keep it in the fridge for maximum application pleasure! anyway- after using for about two weeks by I’ve noticed my under eye is brighter and my smile lines are getting less visible. I would definitely incorporate this into your skincare routine sooner rather than later!

121 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a un mois
Barbara W. • il y a un mois
I have a very sensitive skin as well and although it did not break out my skin it also did not have any brightening effect and it did not help with my fine lines. I though it was a pricey product that did not do what it advertised. Hope that helps!