BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #1 in Facial Moisturizers

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive "Hi all! Every day, I add protein powder to my smoothie for muscle support. I wanted a different kind of moisturizer that would do the same for my collagen help support, maintain, and possibly prevent the breakdown of existing. Protini was born. Jam-packed with crazy levels of amino acids, signal peptides, and safe, synthetic growth factors (the good kind), this dreamy cream melts right into your skin to make it hydrated, bouncy, and balanced. I'm hoping you'll fall #drunkinlove!" Tiffany, Founder of Drunk Elephant

• Is this good to use for sensitive skin? Drunk Elephant Pr...2 Answers
  • How do people like this product who have acne-prone skin?...1 Answers
  • I was considering buying this during the Sephora sale. Is...2 Answers
Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Cream
  • "Love love love! Honestly both of their moisturizers are to die for! Super hydrating and so smooth on your skin. Super impressed with this." in 25 reviews
  • "This brand tends to be a little bit too pricey for me, but I always seem to purchase it for some reason. I guess I just have a guilty pleasure for expensive skin care creams and moisturizers. Honestly though, it’s okay because these products are very effective and they work better than products that are worth less. This moisturizer in particular by drunk elephant, is amazing. It has helped my skin enormously especially in the winter when my skin gets dry and itchy. It soothes my skin right away and leaves my face looking moist and fresh. Not only that, but I love the smell of this product. I would highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin or even sensitive skin." in 16 reviews
April E.
Aurora, Colorado
I bought this at Sephora after my perk hydrafacial. I had been getting dermapen treatments done also and my esthetician recommended I get a peptide cream or serum to enhance the benefits. I wanted to try this cream specifically because I heard you can mix it with other products or layer it over other serums well. So far so good. It does mix really well with other creams and layers perfectly over my serums and sunscreen. It is not super duper moisturizing but I don’t even think it’s intended for that. It does give a nice skin forming effect though. I only gave it four stars because I haven’t seen the full effects of the protini cream in terms of anti aging(I’ve only used it for 2 weeks) but I will update my review in a couple months. For now I really like it and will continue using it daily.
Kim M.
I'm a huge fan of Drunk Elephant products and I think this one might actually be the best, which is saying a lot. I had fairly good skin to begin with because I use skincare free of sulfates, fragrance, silicones, drying alcohols, and dyes and I use AHAs, BHA, retinoids, etc. but this moisturizer took my skin to the next level. I wasn't using a moisturizer for about a year because I couldn't find one that would work well with my dry, dehydrated, acne prone skin (their LaLa was too heavy for me) so I just used facial oils and their B-Hydra serum. I've been using protini for about a month and I have noticed my skin tone is more even, my acne is less inflamed and heals twice as fast, my texture is reduced, and my skin is glowing! I wish I would have had this in my teens when my skin was at its worst. Even when my skin needs a break from actives I still use this moisturizer. I use it day and night and it layers beautifully with makeup. The texture is similar to the popular Tatcha water cream and Belif water gel because it is lightweight and like a slightly whipped gel that skin absorbs quickly. I highly recommend this product to everyone looking for a moisturizer because it is hydrating and moisturizing enough for my dry and dehydrated skin but absorbs quickly and isn't heavy, which makes it great for oily and combo skin. The polypeptides also supports all skin, whether you struggle with acne or want anti-aging properties this will provide benefits for you. The Drunk Elephant line is also very thoughtful of which ingredients they use making it a perfect option for people with sensitive skin, allergies, eczema, rosacea, or someone who just wants to cut irritants out of their routine. I've already recommended to half a dozen people and will continue to because it is my favorite skincare product I have ever tried and well worth the cost
Maeve A.
JUPITER, FL
HOLY GRAIL. This cream will change who you are as a person. After testing it for a week I knew I would never be able to stop using it. I then purchased the full tub and haven't turned back since. Even to the point that over spring break my mom, dad, and brother tried it while we were in aspen and now they all have their own tubs as well because they loved it so much.  My skin is more plump and overall healthy feeling and looking. I have very oily skin and my mom has very dry skin and we both love it so so much. It is one hundred and ten percent worth the price and I want to buy enough to last me the rest of my life.
Anna M.
Brentwood, TN
This is advertised as a gel-cream, but I still found it a little on the heavier side for a day moisturizer. It is lighter than Lala Retro, but not light enough that my makeup didn’t slide around on my combo skin. It is a great peptide packed moisturizer, and DE packaging is always hygienic and top notch with the air pump. But as someone who can’t wear anything heavier than a true gel moisturizer under makeup (my go to is belif aqua bomb) this just wasn’t suited for my skin as a daytime cream. It would probably be better suited to dry skin, or as a night moisturizer for those who don’t like the texture of lala rero.
Max R.
Hadley, MA
I used this product primarily as my night moisturizer for a few months earlier this year, until I ran out. I originally bought this as a daytime moisturizer, but I found that it didn’t absorb into the skin as quickly as I would like. On mornings where I was in a rush, I found that to be a bit of a problem, because it forced me to wait a while before I could apply sunscreen or anything else on top of the moisturizer. So I switched to using it at night, since I found it to be moisturizing enough for nighttime application (I have combination skin). This product has a light gel-cream texture, with no strong scent. I appreciate that Drunk Elephant has committed to eliminating fragrances, dyes, and other harsh ingredients from their products—it makes me feel better about what’s going on my skin! Honestly, I liked this product, but it wasn’t as life-changing as I had expected. The product description plus some early reviews had made me think that this would have a lot of anti-aging, revitalizing, clearing benefits for my skin. I didn’t really notice much of that. This is still a great moisturizer, but for me, it didn’t quite live up to the claims, which made it hard for me to stomach a repurchase, considering this product’s high price. But while I personally wouldn’t purchase this again, I still do think it’s a good product.
Talley C.
Augusta, GA
I'll never go without this moisturizer again. It has left my skin feeling firmer and more lifted. Its the perfect weight for day wear. I layer it over a serum and under my sunscreen/makeup and it doesn't feel too heavy or too light. Drunk Elephant really knocked it out of the park with this one.

I have acne prone skin and the marula oil in this leaves my skin feeling silky, not oily. I love that it comes in a "pump" so you get the perfect amount of moisturizer ever time. I've noticed that most moisturizers come in a pot and can get contaminated with bacteria over time. Protini is much more hygienic.
Marjorie M.
I finally did it. I finally sprung for a Drunk Elephant product. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed. The protini cream, changed the hydration of my face and took my dewiness to the next level. It is on the “cheaper” end of Drunk Elephant products (which is an extremely relative term) but it’s definitely gotten me interested in trying some of their serums. The packaging is unmatched and amazing...it took me about three months to get through with almost daily use. I’m gonna use my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a bit as to not break the bank, but I’m super interested in trying this again.
Sarah H.
Yorktown, VA
I enjoy this product and it works well for my dehydrated skin, but I don’t think it’s worth the astronomical price point. I do appreciate how it’s free of dye, fragrance, and other irritating ingredients— so I’d definitely recommend this for sensitive skin. It feels light on my face and works well under my makeup. I haven’t noticed a decrease in any fine lines or improvement in texture, like the product claims, though. The airtight packaging for this cream is another plus, as it reduces bacteria contamination.
Brittany W.
Warrenton, MO
So far, so good! This is a lightweight, fragrance free facial moisturizer. I received a sample at Sephora. This is my first time using a Drunk Elephant product, although I’ve heard great things about it. There is no aroma to it, for people who are sensitive to fragrances then this is perfect. I have combination skin (oil with dry patches.) This product helps oil control while moisturizing my skin!
Stacy O.
Binghamton
YES YES YES!!!

I am a fan of DE products in general.  But with the Protini cream, the way I use it is I take just a little and I mix it with whatever moisturizer I am using at the time.  I have a different daytime/nighttime moisturizer, and different ones that I use during the winter/summer.  But with all of them, I put just a little dab of this in with them and mix it up and apply it.  It works marvelously!  This is one product I will never go without.
Melinda K.
Sandy Hook, KY
Does this hydrate your skin well? Is it worth the price?
Lisa L.
Twentynine Palms, CA
Does anyone have super dry skin and like this?
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
What is your favorite thing about this product?
Maggie R.
Sephora is advertising this as a cream for COMBINATION skin.  Why is that?  Is there some reason it would be inappropriate for dry skin?  Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Cream
Sarah W.
Has anyone been able to find a more budget friendly moisturiser comparable to this one? I love it but my wallet hates it!

Sephora