Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar

by Drunk Elephant

A gentle, multitasking bar that deeply cleanses, tones, and moisturizes without stripping or irritating the skin. The Pekee Bar™ clarifies, balances, and moisturizes while rinsing away pore-clogging surface debris, impurities, and excess oil. Infused with a powerful blend of blueberry extract, marula oil, and honey, it gently cleanses, tones, and promotes moisture retention, elasticity, and firmness. It is fragrance- and soap-free and only formulated with skin-friendly ingredients designed to cleanse and calm the skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Unlike most other bar cleansers on the market, the Pekee Bar is made with a pH-balanced base that will not strip or dry out your skin. It is cruelty-free and formulated without any essential oils, fragrances, dyes, colorants, or irritants. Drunk Elephant formulations only contain ingredients that benefit skin health and assist the formulation, keeping them safe and making them ideal for even the most sensitive skin. The brand is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).

Does this have to be used along with the other bar in the drunk elephant line to get the best results?
How is this better and/or worse than the Beste No. 9 cleanser?
Does this remove makeup?
Start your review of Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar!
Product Highlights
“...as far to say that this should work well for most skin types (including sensitive and acne prone)—the amount of moisture is slight, and rinses cleanly. (Those with very dry skin may prefer a more emollient cleanser.) The mild, water-soluble formula easily removes both sunscreen and makeup. ” in 13 reviews
Greenwood
Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar uploaded by Jamie B.
Purchased at: Sephora
To be quite honest, I didn’t know what to expect with this cleansing bar. I’ve been trained to believe that any cleanser in bar form is bad for your face because of their super high pH levels. Well, guess what! These bars aren’t soap at all! It has a perfect Ph level of 6.51, unlike soap which has levels of 9+. I found this bar to be very moisturizing and a very good cleanser as well. It left my skin feeling so smooth and ready to absorb some products. Drunk Elephant has another cleansing bar that I alternate with this. It’s called the Juju bar. That bar has some mild exfoliating properties, unlike Pekee which is just super moisturizing.
Combination, Mature / Large Pores, Fine Lines, Sun Damage
Warwick , RI
This bar is EVERYTHING. I have combo to dry skin and this is my favorite cleanser ever. I’ve tried so many different cleansers and this one is my absolute HG. It throughly cleanses your skin without leaving you feeling tight or dry. It has a clean ingredient list and helped get hormonal acne under control for me. Lathers beautifully, little to no scent, and the bar lasts forever. I won’t ever be without this!!
Dry / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
If i could give this 10 stars i would. The Pekee bar is my favorite face wash i have ever used. It leaves me feeling clean while not having the like dry after feel. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized (almost like i don't even need to moisturize!) I have also tried the Juju bar and definitely recommend Peeke over Juju
Combination / Sensitivity, Sun Damage, Uneven Skin Tone
Started using this product in the beginning of 2019, let me say this small bar has been a life saver. I was skeptical of it being a “bar” soap and had never experienced that before. I absolutely love it, it’s soft enough for my rosacea and have been continuing to use it unlike some of the other soaps I’ve had.
Los Angeles
Love this duo. Long lasting, non irritating and non drying, all natural and it feels so good cutting down my use of plastic using a bar soap that doesn’t leave residue! My new favorite cleanser! Highly recommend to anyone looking to cut down on the ingredients list on the routine
Moses Lake
This is a super hydrating, soft and gentle cleanser. I don’t really think that it provides a good clean, but it won’t strip your skin certainly. To me, I felt it was a bit dulling and I wouldn’t repurchase.
Oily, Combination / Dullness, Redness, Sun Damage
Tickfaw
Very mild cleanser that does not strip your face! I use as an extra cleanser on heavy makeup days after the Slaii cleanser and as a daily cleanser on light makeup days. One bar lasts several months for me.
Combination, Sensitive / Dullness, Large Pores, Redness
Prt Washingtn, NY
This facial bar is amazing and is a staple in my night time routine. I usually use an oil or balm first to remove make up and suncreen and then follow up with the Pekee Bar. It so gentle and nourishing yet deeply cleanses my skin. I absolutely love the way my skin looks and feels after using this bar. It is very gentle and I can see even the most sensitive of skin types using this. Another must in my skincare arsenal.
Portland , OR
This is my go to cleansing bar that I am never without. My skin feels really toned and fresh after I use it! I use this morning and night and it is pretty decent at getting make up off. It is expensive but one bar lasts me almost a year so it is very worth it. I’ve honestly never found a cleanser that I love as much as this one.
Combination / Large Pores, Redness, Fine Lines
I started out using Beste, and found that it was too drying for me. Pekee has been really nice - not as drying, and I've found myself surprisingly in love with the bar format. It only takes a few gentle swipes to get enough product on my hands, and the bar has lasted for months.
Dry, Sensitive / Dullness, Puffiness, Redness
Ask a question to the Influenster community...