BY DRUNK ELEPHANT

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Sensitive An innovative jelly cleanser that removes all traces of makeup, excess oil, pollution and any other grime from the day. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Uneven skin tone- PoresIf you want to know more…Free of SLS, fragrance, and essential oils, Beste™ No. 9 is totally non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and appropriate for every skin type. With a unique blend of mild surfactants and makeup-dissolving emollients, this gentle formula rinses away without an ounce of residue, leaving skin clean and soft. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates Beste is forumlated at an ideal, non-stripping pH level of 5.9.Drunk Elephant only uses clean ingredients that either directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. They never take into account an ingredient's synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its safety and bio-compatibility. You won't find silicones, chemical sunscreens, sensitizing dyes, perfumes, or fragrant essential oils of any kind in any of their products, making them appropriate for every skin type. This is Drunk Elephant's commitment to you. Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and cruelty-free. This product is also vegan and gluten-free.

• Does the jelly provide more moisture than a regular clean...2 Answers
  • how does this compare to other makeup removers ?1 Answers
  • Does this work on sensitive skin? Can you notice a differ...1 Answers
Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
  • "Such a great cleaner and makeup for remover!It makes my skin feel so soft and doesn't irritate it at all. I have sensitive skin, but I do notice my T zone gets oily and I could never find the right product that would help,until I found this!" in 11 reviews
Kim M.
Note: if you have a mini version of this or an all white tube with a twist cap you have the old formula, while this is the page for the new formula! I am a huge fan of Drunk Elephant and have tried both formulas of their Beste cleanser, as well as their bar soaps. The original Beste formula lathered more resulting in a dryness of the skin after washing and it would burn if you got it in your eye. They listened to customers and reformulated to make it more gentle on your skin and eyes. As a result of this, the No. 9 formula lathers a lot less but is less drying. I do find that because it struggles to lather as easily I have to use a bit more product. Also, the cleanser really is "jelly" and I do have the issue of when I squeeze it out it is hard to get the product off of the cap and onto my hand and sometimes it slips and falls onto the sink bowl which is irritating when a product costs $35. I use this at night typically after wearing makeup. I rub jojoba oil over my skin and eyes to dissolve the makeup and wipe it off with a microfiber wash cloth. Then I use this cleanser to get off all of the remaining oil, makeup, sweat, SPF, etc. This method works really well and keeps me from breaking out as often as when I used their soap bars at night. If I'm not wearing makeup or I wash in the morning I usually use their bars too because they are more gentle and the Juju offers some very gentle physical exfoliation. My skin generally likes the bars the best, but this cleanser really gets rid of any buildup and keeps my skin clear. I know this cleanser is expensive but it is very gentle while deep cleaning, which isn't very common, and it doesn't have any stripping ingredients or fragrance. If someone is looking for a makeup removing cleanser I recommend this one, however, if you wear waterproof eye makeup or 24 hour wear foundation you will need to take that off first. I find that this easily washes off water soluble or light makeup, but this will not take off an Instagram style full face. For best results, use an oil or oil cleanser or micellar water first and follow up with this. The minis of Beste available through Sephora are the old formulation so if you have dry skin or sensitive eyes (or tend to get cleanser in your eyes) skip on the mini and get the full size to test out.
Andrea W.
Maspeth, NY
I have had great luck with Drunk Elephant in the past and bought this prior to its official release at a VIB Rogue event where you could shop new releases early.  I was very excited to try this.  My skin type is oily-dehydrated with some flaky dry patches due to retinol use.  This cleanser doesnt just clean the skin, it strips the skin of anything on your skin.  My skin felt too tight and squeaky clean and it just made my skin even oiler, since it was trying to replace the oils stripped away from this product as well as emphasized any dry patches.  I love super clean skin but not to this extreme.  I ended up giving this away.
ΜcΚennα B.
This is THE ONLY face wash I use now! It’s freaking magical like a present sent from the DE gods answered my prayers when I found this. My skin was having a total meltdown before I switched over to DE, and this cleanser is my base line stable from this line. It clears away sweat, oil, makeup, anything from my skin every evening and sometimes in the morning if it’s hot while I sleep. It’s not the most expensive item in their line so it’s easier to try but honestly is so worth the money. I can have pretty sensitive and acne prone skin if it’s not treated right but this has created less finicky more supple skin
Alyssa S.
Chesterfield, MI
This cleanser is the best non-irritating cleanser I have ever used. It’s non drying, can be used to remove eye makeup and has no scent or added fragrance, SLS or essential oils. I get migraines and the thing I hate most about skin and body products is any added perfume. I struggle to find quality unscented products. This brand is great! It is worth the extra cost. I also love the bars moisturizer and charcoal. Just tried hydra gel and it’s a winner too! Spend a little extra to pamper the only skin you got! Sephora and the brand Website sell it only. Bonus it’s Ph balanced for you skin too!
kelly w.
Milwaukee
This is BY FAR the best thing I've ever put on my face. I'm not joking. I was a bit wary of the price tag at first, but I'm so glad I took a chance on it. I currently use this product once a day, at night, with my Clarisonic, and it works so well that my skin is so clear and moisturized in the morning I don't have to scrub it again! I do still use makeup remover wipes to remove more stubborn mascara, but this works much better on my sensitive skin than any other product I have tried.
Kristen L.
Visalia, CA
My new favorite cleanser! I have never used anything like it! The perfectly balanced pH, and the safe,yet effective ingredients make this my number one go to cleanser. The way your skin feels once you use it, is like nothing I have ever felt before. It doesn't dry out your face at all, but still cleans away all the dirt and yuck from the day. Without any weird ingredients, your skin feels like skin, and that's it! It is amazing!
Megan G.
Gardnerville , NV
I love this jelly cleanser so much. I was skeptical about it at first but after using it my skin feels amazing and looks so refreshed and clean. It is a little pricey but definitely worth it. I highly recommend his to anyone looking for a higher end cleanser
Jana M.
Canal Winchester
Almost a year ago my usually extremely clear skin had a massive breakout. And it wasn’t one of those- oh no I have two pimples sort of break outs- it was kinda like those old proactiv commercials. Nothing seemed to help but then on a recommendation of a friend (and like 8 youtubers) I found this cleanser and I haven’t looked back. I use this once a day in combination with my Clarisonic. It lathers just a tad which prevents it from stripping your skin.
Ksenia /.
New York
Super light and super emollient - really great for dry skin and oily skin alike! I apply it to my face, lather, and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off. Rinses off easily and leaves my skin feeling smooth!
allison k.
This is good. I love this and my Murad acne solutions cleanser. I think this product is great for sensitive skin types and I would definitely repurchase again. I keep going in between this cleanser and the Murad one. The huge thing that disappointed me about this product was the packaging. The lid wouldn’t close after a week and I had to put my product in a separate container. For the price it shouldn’t break that easily.
Danesha M.
Centralia, WA
Is this cleanser good for getting off stubborn makeup?
Gissel P.
Bell Gardens, CA
Is this cleanser a good product and does it feel tingly ?
Jessica S.
Burien, WA
Does it work on any type of skin ? Where can you get this ?
Kirstie M.
Edmonton, AB
Does the jelly provide more moisture than a regular cleanser?
Brittany M.
Allen, TX
Can anyone compare this to Glossier. Milky Jelly Cleanser? Which is better?

back