Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser

by Drunk Elephant

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive An innovative jelly cleanser that creates a gentle, foamy lather to gently and effectively melt away all traces of makeup, debris, and any other impurities from the day. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Dullness and uneven texture - Dryness If you want to know more… Beste™ is formulated with a mild, low pH surfactant, and an antioxidant-rich blend of cantaloupe extract a rich source of vitamins A and C and marula oil and aloe vera leaf extract to help nourish, soothe, and replenish the natural barrier or acid mantle, helping skin stay healthy and balanced. It's unique jelly texture, not quite an oil and not quite a gel, gives the best of both worlds, leaving your skin perfectly clean, soft, and supple. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates Loaded with skin identical and skin friendly ingredients, Beste Jelly Cleanser will not dry or strip the skin, but leave it feeling clean, soft, and refreshed without an ounce of residue. It is vegan, gluten-free, non-comedogenic, not tested on animals, non-irritating, non-sensitizing, and free of fragrance and essential oils. Drunk Elephant only uses clean, non-toxic ingredients that either directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness of our formulations. They never take into account an ingredient's synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its safety and bio-compatibility. You won't find silicones, chemical screens, sensitizing colorants, perfumes, or fragrant essential oils of any kind in their products, making them appropriate for every skin type.

What are the benefits of this cleanser besides cleansing?
How well does this work with dry skin or with rosacea?
Iss this product oil free? ?
Start your review of Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser!
Product Highlights
“By far the best cleanser I have ever used! My face is very sensitive and a lot of cleansers really dry my skin out but this does not! I use it in the morning and at night and my skin loves it! Doesn't dry out my skin and my face feels super clean after using this! It doesn't leave the tight feeling that some cleaners do. Really nice light scent too.  ” in 21 reviews
Yorktown, VA
After piquing my interest in the hype of Drunk Elephant products referenced in all those skincare articles, I finally had the chance to add their jelly cleanser to my rotation of Revision cleansers. This was my first Drunk Elephant product and my first jelly cleanser. I received this in the Sephora birthday gift package and was so excited to finally try this brand, charmed by their cute packaging. It smelled great and felt lovely on the skin. Right after cleansing I felt like the cleanser did well removing any and all makeup, and even made my skin feel softer than my normal cleanser. I had high expectations for this brand and wanted to love it more than I actually did. After about a week of using, I had dry patches on my upper cheeks— something that never ever happens. Even in the winter. Even during my introduction of adding retinol to my routine. I made no other changes to my routine at this point. My upper cheek zone is never oily, never dry. I typically do fine with just my hyaluronic moisturizer after double cleansing+Retinol treatment at night. I added another moisturizing layer (the drunk elephant moisturizer that came with) while still using this cleanser, and the rough patches went away after 2 days and have not shown back up since. I will say this did seem to help clear some whiteheads that had been hanging on around my jawline well, just not well enough to look over its drying effects. This works well enough to where I will continue to use it in my rotation until empty, but I can’t see myself ever purchasing. I am not big on heavy moisturizing as I don’t like the sticky weighing down feeling of multiple layers on my face before bed, and I’m afraid this cleanser is just a bit too harsh to not require heavy moisturizing for my skin. Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser
Renton , WA
#gifted @influenster and @drunkelephant Drunk Elephant Beste No9. Jelly Cleanser. I was a little worried to try this cleanser to be honest. It said Purify + Dissolve on it and as a dry skin gal those are words I run from since that usually means suck the life out of me! My go to cleanser is a cream cleanser so trying a Jelly variety is new to me. So with much courage I gave it a go. I was pleased it didn't suck the life out of my skin. It was thick but as water was added became suddsy and light. There is no fragrance and my skin felt clean. No tightening or discomfort. Cost $32 for 5oz. Which is $2 more an ounce than my go to cleanser. I find this to be a descent cleanser!! Based on how my skin feels I give this one a trunk's up and would rank this as my 2nd top cleanser... but I would still use my go to cleanser based on price and ingredients in my go to cleanser I can understand the label better and feels a slight bit cleaner. . . . . . #skincarefordryskin #naturalskincare #crueltyfreeskincare #organicskincare #skincareaddict #vitaminc #beautychannel #genuin3beauty #ladl3l00ks #skincareroutine #skincarereview #dryskin #maturedryskin #matureskincare #beautyover40 #over40skincare #skincarecommunity #skincaretips #skincareproducts #skincarejunkie #ageisjustanumber #ageinggracefully #olderandwiser #betterwithage #aginglikefinewine #skincareblog #thisis40 #drunkelephant #drunkinlove🐘
West Columbia, SC
Purchased at: Sephora
Drunk Elephant is an adorable high end skincare line with an impeccably flawless reputation for Devine products, in my opinion. Part of me wonders if I'm attracted to Drunk Elephant because of the quality of the product or the attractiveness of it's packaging ... Either way their products seem to be in love with my skin so I guess this relationship works! This DE Beste No. 9 Jelly cleanser is fantastic, as far as a cleanser, only. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any moisturizing characteristics that would possibly leave you going to bed or starting your day with one less step in your regime, nonetheless, it works great. I have had significantly less breakouts and blemishes since beginning use and although my skin does feel slightly tight and dry after using, I just apply my favorite gel moisturizer to diminish that uneasy, tight feeling. I highly recommend this Drunk Elephant Beste No 9 Jelly Cleanser if you are trying to find yourself a new facial skin cleanser that truly works and is healthy for your skin... Not to mention the DE packaging is the cutest everrr!
Stock Island, FL
This is a fantastic cleanser, and yet I will probably never purchase a tube. It's simply too expensive given that it performs almost exactly like my holy grail Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. (Another dupe is the La Roche-Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser.) I used up the deluxe sample I received as part of my Sephora birthday gift, and I greatly enjoyed it, but I can't justify paying over $30 for 5 fl oz of cleanser. If money is no object, this is worth trying. It's a gentle and gently foaming cleanser that does a fair job of removing light makeup but works best as a morning or second cleanse. I know the F word (foaming) is a dirty word in some corners, but this stuff, in common with the Cerave (and LRP), doesn't strip my skin. On the contrary, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and plump. As with all DE products, the packaging is also adorable. If someone gave me a tube as a gift, I'd be very grateful (if a little mad they spent the money). I'd use it happily and enjoy seeing its cheerful packaging in my bathroom as long as the cleanser lasted. But when it comes to my own money, I'll save it for a DE moisturizer or treatment.
Mcallen, TX
Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser uploaded by Zachary H.
Purchased at: Sephora
I received a trial size of this and a moisturizer from Sephora on my birthday and it came with this cleanser. I wasn’t expecting to fall in love with both products but I truly did! This cleanser was my favorite or the two and I actually went back to Sephora to purchase the full size after trying this. Normally I use the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser both in the morning and evening and it’s been my go to cleanser for a while now. I have combination skin more on the oily side that’s extremely acne prone and it’s hard to find a cleanser that both deeply cleanses my skin but doesn’t strip it of moisture. This works perfectly at both giving my skin a deep cleanse without stripping it and leaving it feeling dry. I could see this working for all skin types but I’m not sure if it would remove makeup since I no longer wear any. Would definitely recommend. But if it’s out of your budget I’d recommend trying the Neutrogena Naturals cleanser!
Purchased at: Sephora
I received this as a part of my Sephora birthday gift. Before I tried this product, I asked my cousin what she thought of it. She told me she did not recall & did not remember why. Upon trying it myself, I knew exactly why she didn’t remember... it was simply not memorable. This Jelly “Beste” Cleanser does absolutely nothing for my skin. It’s comparable to washing your face with just water because it doesn’t “melt” your makeup off like it claims, even while using it with my Foreo device. The texture is quite watery — loose, flowy, and kind of resembles sexual lubricant. Since I am a beauty hoarder, I pretty much only use this when I wake up because it doesn’t really do much of anything for me. One thing I do love though? The twist lid packaging. Cute, good for travel, but does leak a little at first. I definitely prefer Fresh’s Soy Cleanser over this product.
Pilgrim, KY
Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser uploaded by Tiffany T.
Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser uploaded by Tiffany T.
I love this facial cleanser from Drunk Elephant. The formula has emoluments to dissolve stubborn waterproof mascara and makeup. The light scent of cantaloupe is amazing. It made my skin feel soft, clean and refreshed. Definitely recommend 10/10Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser
Manitou Beach, MI
Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser uploaded by Shayla M.
This cleanser is very gentle on skin, it does not feel too drying or leave skin feeling tight after cleansing. It has a gel-like texture that lathers well and massages into skin comfortably. A plus point for sensitive skin users is that it is completely fragrance and essential oil free thus lowering any potential chance of irritation. Cleanses away impurities effectively. It is pretty hydrating considering the purpose of the product is to cleanse. It is supposed to be a one-step cleanser that can effectively remove makeup, excess oil and impurities. Me, being slightly obsessed with a thorough cleanse, I am not one to skip double cleansing when wearing makeup so I can’t speak to its ability in removing makeup.
Tampa, FL
I’m giving a lot of points mostly for the lack of fragrance, the ingredients that don’t break out my skin and the way it lathers up pretty well even though it’s a jelly cleanser. That being said, when I first wash my face with this, it feels like it cleaned my face without stripping it and making it feel tight and squeaky clean, which isn’t something I would want. However within 10-15mins, my skin would start to feel really dry if I didn’t follow up with a moisturizer right after. Which doesn’t really matter to me since I usually only use cleanser at night and the instructions on it also indicate I should stick to using it at night as part of my routine. Honestly I don’t see a difference in how the perform between this and my $5 cetaphil cleanser except for the big difference in price.
Marshfield, MA
This cleanser takes place of my make up remover and works great with my Clarisonic! It saves me time and leaves me feeling squeaky clean. I have been using this product for almost a week now and at first I saw some tiny break outs, but after continuous use my skin cleared up and I already see a difference in the amount of blackheads (reduction) I get on my nose! Love that this product is on the clean list at Sephora and I would definitely repurchase again! Update - I now only use this cleanser as my nighttime cleanser and a more light and gentle cleanser in the morning. Still love using this in the evenings to remove everything that has collected on my face from the entire day. ***This complimentary product was sent to me for reviewing purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own***

134 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...