Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream

by Drunk Elephant

What it is: A clean, cutting edge formula with one percent vegan retinol and superfood-rich ingredients to diminish the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.

Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily

Skincare Concerns: Dark spots, Fine Lines And Wrinkles, and Dryness

Formulation: Cream

Highlighted Ingredients:
- 1.0% Retinol: Improves the look and feel of uneven skin tone and texture and addresses the damage from daily exposure to UV rays, pollution, or other free radicals.
- Triple Peptide Blend: Helps visibly firm and strengthen, boosting the visible results of retinol.
- Vitamin F: Works to improve the appearance of texture and suppleness and calms signs of sensitivity.

What Else You Need to Know: Retinol and supportive peptides restore bounce, resilience, and clarity to skin while helping to even tone and texture without redness and irritation. Vitamin F and a curated blend of oils replenish lipids and moisture while antioxidant-packed ingredients defend against environmental stressors.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Alkanes, Glyceryl Stearate, Niacinamide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Retinol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Chrysin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Ceramide NP, Xanthophylls, Phytosphingosine, Phytosterols, Jojoba Esters, Physalis Pubescens Fruit Juice, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Cetyl Palmitate, Trehalose, Lauric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glucosamine HCL, Tocopheryl Acetate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Tocopherol, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Trideceth-6 Phosphate, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Ceteareth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Laureth-23, Steareth-20, Propanediol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Suggested Usage:
-Morning or night, apply a pea-sized amount to clean, dry face, avoiding the eye area.
-May be mixed with any Drunk Elephant cream or oil.
-Limit initial use to once or twice a week, gradually increasing frequency to every other night, and then every night as tolerated.
-Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
-TIP: Mix with B-Hydra™ for an extra shot of hydration and vitamin B.

Best retinol products???
Is this an abrasive type of retinol for a beginner ?
Can this be used on shoulders and chest for sun spots and damage?
Start your review of Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream!
How would you rate this product?
Kendall K.
Tiffin, IA
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Kendall K.
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Kendall K.
Purchased at: Sephora
This product has worked wonders for my skin, but it’s been A HUGE LEARNING CURVE. The first few times I used this I didn’t know that it’s NOT recommended to use it with the protini moisturizer. Lord, did I burn the heck out of my face. At first I thought, this is just irritation because I’ve never used retinol before. The next time I used it was way too soon from the previous time, I still used protini AND the next morning I woke up and put a mask on for the next twelve hours (I’m a nurse). Everywhere the mask was - raw, burned skin. A trifecta of rookie mistakes. SO. I talked to an esthetician. I really wanted to be able to use this product. The reviews are great, and I’m thirty now. I want, no, I need, that amazing anti-aging effect! I started using this product by first applying a heavy duty moisturizer for sensitive skin, then applying the retinol cream, and avoiding protini (my absolute holy grail) until the following night. The next morning I use only the heavy duty moisturizer again after washing my face really well. I only use it on a night when I do not have to work the next day so I can avoid trapping residual product under a mask. I’m still using this product only weekly until I adjust a little more to the strength. I’m so pleased with my results! I get compliments on my clear skin. I’m often told there’s no way that I’m actually thirty. I’d recommend this, but I am taking away a star because of the time it took me to learn how to properly use this product. Photo of my face without make up to show results.
Stephanie D.
Missoula, MT
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Stephanie D.
Purchased at: Sephora
I really do like this retinol cream. It is a bit too strong for me, so I have moved down to a lower strength of retinol. But this would make my skin sooo soft and glowy. But then my sensitive skin would react the next day :( Maybe I’ll try again in the future!
Madden P.
Minot Afb, ND
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Madden P.
This is a solid retinol product. It’s pretty strong, so make sure to mix it with a hydrating gel or moisturizer. My anger lines on my eyebrow have faded almost completely and it’s healed my acne scars too. It’s pricey, but worth it. I use this every other day and a little goes along way.
Nikky M.
Milwaukee, WI
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Nikky M.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the first and only retinoid product i have tried. It wad recommended to me as I was looking for something to not only help combat anti aging signs, but help with my uneven texture. My dermatologist recommended this and even only after using it for 4 weeks I already am noticing a difference in my skins texture. This retinoid also has ceramides in it which help rebuild the skins barrier which is cool. If you can afford it, I definately recommend.
Dessa P.
ASTORIA
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Dessa P.
I love because is vegan help my skin to prevent and restore my skin from line fines. I combine with Hydration serum, and helps a lot with my sensitive skin. Cruelty free. Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream
Shayza F.
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Shayza F.
I found this brand while searching for cruelty free and ‘clean’ skincare items. This is made without any essential oils, fragrance, silicones, sulfates, parabens etc. it also mixes well with other drunk elephant products. I like to use this with the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Cream and Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I don’t like that this is in a tube form but I believe they’ve changed the packaging recently which should make it easier to use all of the product with less waste
Lauren B.
Collingswood, NJ
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Lauren B.
Got this as a sample at Sephora, I think drunk elephant products are alright but certain not worth the price tag. This retinol cream was fine, felt tightening but I would not repurchase for full size due to price.
Melanie  F.
Anchorage, AK
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Melanie  F.
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Melanie  F.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love Drunk Elephant products! All their stuff is always great, this A-Passioni retinol cream is wonderful stuff. I have sensitive skin and I can use it without irritation.
Erica W.
Florence, AL
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Erica W.
Purchased at: Sephora
Great product to test the retinol waters with—IF you follow the directions. There are definitely more affordable vitamin A (retinol) options out there, so you’re paying for the Drunk Elephant brand to a large degree, but I did enjoy the product and see results over the long-term. Plus, because I used as directed, it lasted me about 6 months!
Lauren  G.
S Pasadena, CA
Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream uploaded by Lauren  G.
Purchased at: Sephora
I like this product but you definitely have to start slowly when introducing it or else it might cause some irritation to your skin. I found this product kept my skin looking nice. I found I can only use this one to two times a week. I got a sample of this with one of my Sephora orders and ended up ordering the full size so I could decide if this product was for me or not. It’s on the pricey side but definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a product like this. [product:drunk-elephant-a-passioni-retinol-cream]

450 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Zahra T.
ealing road
il y a 6 mois
Heyya! Anybody used Drunk Elephant A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream before? I have hormonal acne and I've heard loads of positive review of the brand itself?? Let me know if you have plz 😍❤️‍🔥😘