BY DROPBOX #41 in Apps

• What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox? 53 Answers
  • Can you save music files and share them?73 Answers
Steven B.
Estes Park, CO
Dropbox is an incredibly convenient solution for sharing my most important data from one location. I specifically use it for large high definition photos that I take on my adventures, sharing these with friends is always tedious, and I often don't want all of these private images shared on social media. The iPhone and iPad app are seamless and make uploading, organizing and sharing super easy. Best of all Dropbox is free and offers the potential to gain additional hosting space free of charge for simply inviting your friends. The annual plans are pretty reasonable also, and can definitely see my business benefiting from this service. Way to go Dropbox, thanks for being a great solution!
Haley V.
Mooresville, NC
The title says it all! I never thought I'd be as in love with dropbox as I am! I use it almost everyday! It is a very useful tool to have to transfer date from one device to another almost instantly! I have it on my phone, Ipad, & laptop! I remember when I didn't have dropbox, I instead emailed myself whatever I needed then accessed my email from the device I wanted the attachment to be saved or viewed on. Such a hassle! With dropbox, there's no hassle, just I wish there were more space available for free. It is kinda expensive if you are wanting more space than what it comes with. I still make it work out though by just deleting old documents in my dropbox. No big deal!
Taryn G.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you're good at getting people to join things you send them links to, this is one service you should exploit. With 500mb of free storage for every person you get to sign up with your specific link, you can easily get up to 15gb, which I think is the maximum you can get for free because that is where I have maxed out. The apps work really well, for iPad and iPhone, and it is even best on the PC/Mac. The only thing I wish it has was the ability to view how many files are in a folder so you have a count, etc. but that isn't a big deal. You can share links, share individual files, and just about anything. This program is great for anyone in with a small file sharing need.
Lynnette C.
Whitefield, ME
I have 4 4ifferent uses for Dropbox - I have a family photo file there that I have shared with distant family who WERE forever asking me to send pics..not they are notified when I update the album. That just makes my life easier. I also have a different folder that is shared with 20 other software trainers where we keep communal documents, and have access to each others' checklists so we can step in and cover for each other seamlessly. This makes a nationwide team very streamlined and effective. I am also a writer, and was forever sending work back and forth for edit and commentary from other writers. Now, when I have a beta reader, I simply invite them to my Dropbox folder - no zipping files or breaking apart a 100K+ word doc for sending. Love this so much, I wrote an unsolicited blog post about it! http://rantravewrite.com/2012/06/28/dropbox-for-writers/
Tracy L.
Roanoke, VA
As a freelancer I love Dropbox. It's two pluses over Google Drive is 1) older less technological savvy users can understand it and 2) no need for recipients to have a gmail account.

That being said, since I'm not willing to pay for the service the space gets used up quickly. Even with the free storage you can earn (up to 16gb) that is gone if you sync your photos and videos PLUS work files.

I'll keep on using the service but it works best for me as a large file transfer instead of a cloud storage system.
OH! and favorite feature- files aren't immediately deleted from the cloud, so if some bozo in a shared folder deletes something, Dropbox has a backup!
Emily P.
As a graphic designer, I'm always relying on technology to have my back and Dropbox has never let e down. I have their app on my iPhone and on both my laptop and desktop. I can upload my documents to dropbox from my laptop and easily print them from my desktop. (I don't have a wifi printer) I also love that i can access my files from anywhere using their website. This website is a perfect backup to my backup. I don't have to worry about losing my flashdrive and losing all my projects. The app on my phone even uploads all the pictures in my camera roll so if I ever lost my phone, I'd still have all my loved pictures. Such a great invention!
Mat R.
Costa Mesa, CA
A few years back I found Dropbox to be the best free cloud storage source that was available at the time, and 2gb was a decent amount of space to be able to try things out with usually.

Dropbox along with their competitors have customers backing their data up on other cloud networks in case something would happen, they would be able to focus on the cloud network that is up at the time.

Dropbox hasn't had a real big problem in the sense of downtime, and has gained the trust of many people who still use them to this day, and not just the free account, but the paid as well which for the price, isn't bad at all for storing in the cloud.
Shehzeb K.
Tracy, CA
An A+. An amazing app or our phone. It's a storage app folks, music, pictures, and documents--absolutely amazing!. You get more space as you associate it with your laptop & phone, and other devices that are capable (Ipad or a different tablet) There are many options if you want to make certain folders "instant upload" --ex: as soon as I take a picture it is automatically uploaded to that folder, on the website & if that folder is associated on my laptop-that's updated too. This is worthwhile app, you can also purchase more space if need be. You can also lock certain folders with a pass code of your choice (picture provided via my android).
Cheryl J.
Swan Lake, NY
This app is fantastic for students or professionals who constantly need to open files from multiple computers, or share documents between team members/co-workers. It is easy to use and has never given me a problem. I love the easy to use interface too. You literally jsut drag and drop your files to the folder and when you open drop box on another computer and sign in your files are there. You can link up with others and drop folders in their boxes too. It is a great tool.
Marci K.
Clarksburg, WV
This is a great idea in theory, but they have flummoxed the application of said idea. It is great for keeping your personal files safe and backed up. It is even great for sharing a few of the said files. The problem comes if you want to share with a group of people.

If you want to share files with a group, like for a school study group, you have to be really careful how you set it up. Each file has to be separate for maximum downloadablility. If you make it one file folder with 50 files in it, that one file is only allowed 50 hits before it gets shut down for too much traffic. If this is what you need it for, use Google Drive.
Kathleen B.
Tehachapi, CA
Can you save music files and share them?
Helene H.
What do you mostly use it for?
A J.
What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox?
lashara B.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you like dropbox
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Can you really sync your files ?