BY DROPBOX #35 in Apps

• What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox? 53 Answers
  • Can you save music files and share them?73 Answers
Chloe S.
Kingwood, TX
I wish Dropbox was around when I was in college. Dropbox's cloud storage site allows you to store photos, documents, videos, and music files in your own internet PO box -- for free. Dropbox is accessible anywhere there's internet access, which makes it a perfect tool for students, freelancers, project managers, and anyone who needs access to all their stuff without lugging their laptop around.

As a freelance designer, I use Dropbox to give my clients access to their files by sending them links to my Dropbox folders. I can easily upload revisions to the folder and send them another link. I don't have to worry about file upload restrictions on emails, and I can send files from my phone when I'm out.
Alicia T.
Cantonment, FL
I love to cook using recipes, but want to save paper. It's a hassle to lug my laptop to the kitchen. Drop box enables me to drag files to my Dropbox on my laptop and access those same files from my iPad (or any other device with online access). It's a handy way to share files between devices.

I used DropBox recently at a gaming session. I had the rule book in PDF format on my laptop. I just drug the PDF document to my dropbox and Voila - I had access to the rulebook on my iPad while at the game. It was sweet!

Also, I can choose to share some folders with other DropBox members. I gave my husband access to that folder and we both had access to the rule book through the whole game.
Steven B.
Estes Park, CO
Dropbox is an incredibly convenient solution for sharing my most important data from one location. I specifically use it for large high definition photos that I take on my adventures, sharing these with friends is always tedious, and I often don't want all of these private images shared on social media. The iPhone and iPad app are seamless and make uploading, organizing and sharing super easy. Best of all Dropbox is free and offers the potential to gain additional hosting space free of charge for simply inviting your friends. The annual plans are pretty reasonable also, and can definitely see my business benefiting from this service. Way to go Dropbox, thanks for being a great solution!
Whitney V.
Greensboro, NC
I am a college student and I also run my own graphic design business. Dropbox has met and exceeded my expectations with it's reliability, ease of use, and compatibilty!

As a student, I take my iPhone and iPad to class, take notes on it, and then back it up to dropbox. So when it is time to study everything is neatly organized by date and accessible from my computer, the library, wherever!!

As a business owner, I don't think I could do without it! I primarily design in Adobe illustrator and those files are HUGE! By backing up all of my designs to Dropbox, I can keep my computer running quickly as well as design on my laptop if I feel like mixing things up.

Absolutely LOVE Dropbox!!
Taryn G.
Techie Expert Level 3
If you're good at getting people to join things you send them links to, this is one service you should exploit. With 500mb of free storage for every person you get to sign up with your specific link, you can easily get up to 15gb, which I think is the maximum you can get for free because that is where I have maxed out. The apps work really well, for iPad and iPhone, and it is even best on the PC/Mac. The only thing I wish it has was the ability to view how many files are in a folder so you have a count, etc. but that isn't a big deal. You can share links, share individual files, and just about anything. This program is great for anyone in with a small file sharing need.
Haley V.
Charlotte NC
The title says it all! I never thought I'd be as in love with dropbox as I am! I use it almost everyday! It is a very useful tool to have to transfer date from one device to another almost instantly! I have it on my phone, Ipad, & laptop! I remember when I didn't have dropbox, I instead emailed myself whatever I needed then accessed my email from the device I wanted the attachment to be saved or viewed on. Such a hassle! With dropbox, there's no hassle, just I wish there were more space available for free. It is kinda expensive if you are wanting more space than what it comes with. I still make it work out though by just deleting old documents in my dropbox. No big deal!
Lynnette C.
Whitefield, ME
I have 4 4ifferent uses for Dropbox - I have a family photo file there that I have shared with distant family who WERE forever asking me to send pics..not they are notified when I update the album. That just makes my life easier. I also have a different folder that is shared with 20 other software trainers where we keep communal documents, and have access to each others' checklists so we can step in and cover for each other seamlessly. This makes a nationwide team very streamlined and effective. I am also a writer, and was forever sending work back and forth for edit and commentary from other writers. Now, when I have a beta reader, I simply invite them to my Dropbox folder - no zipping files or breaking apart a 100K+ word doc for sending. Love this so much, I wrote an unsolicited blog post about it! http://rantravewrite.com/2012/06/28/dropbox-for-writers/
Tracy L.
Roanoke, VA
As a freelancer I love Dropbox. It's two pluses over Google Drive is 1) older less technological savvy users can understand it and 2) no need for recipients to have a gmail account.

That being said, since I'm not willing to pay for the service the space gets used up quickly. Even with the free storage you can earn (up to 16gb) that is gone if you sync your photos and videos PLUS work files.

I'll keep on using the service but it works best for me as a large file transfer instead of a cloud storage system.
OH! and favorite feature- files aren't immediately deleted from the cloud, so if some bozo in a shared folder deletes something, Dropbox has a backup!
Cheryl J.
Swan Lake, NY
This app is fantastic for students or professionals who constantly need to open files from multiple computers, or share documents between team members/co-workers. It is easy to use and has never given me a problem. I love the easy to use interface too. You literally jsut drag and drop your files to the folder and when you open drop box on another computer and sign in your files are there. You can link up with others and drop folders in their boxes too. It is a great tool.
Emily P.
As a graphic designer, I'm always relying on technology to have my back and Dropbox has never let e down. I have their app on my iPhone and on both my laptop and desktop. I can upload my documents to dropbox from my laptop and easily print them from my desktop. (I don't have a wifi printer) I also love that i can access my files from anywhere using their website. This website is a perfect backup to my backup. I don't have to worry about losing my flashdrive and losing all my projects. The app on my phone even uploads all the pictures in my camera roll so if I ever lost my phone, I'd still have all my loved pictures. Such a great invention!
Kathleen B.
Tehachapi, CA
Can you save music files and share them?
Helene H.
What do you mostly use it for?
A J.
What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox?
lashara B.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you like dropbox
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Can you really sync your files ?