Dropbox keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and never lose a file again.see more...
Top Questions See all 629 Q&A
- "Dropbox is a great app especially if you need to share files with other people or even if you just need to organize everything and want to put it somewhere safe! " in 75 reviews
- "I have used drop box for a wide variety of uses, its a great way to have all of your documents in one place that is free!" in 42 reviews
- "Since I don't have the patience to carry along a flash drive for all of my school files I love to use dropbox and my flash drive without the bulk." in 38 reviews
- "Of course if you need more space than you have to purchase it but, unless your uploading a large amount of large files, the free version works very well." in 37 reviews
- "I share photos with family, pass around documents with co-workers, and managed files on a weekly basis, and Dropbox has made this so much easier!" in 31 reviews
As a freelance designer, I use Dropbox to give my clients access to their files by sending them links to my Dropbox folders. I can easily upload revisions to the folder and send them another link. I don't have to worry about file upload restrictions on emails, and I can send files from my phone when I'm out.
I used DropBox recently at a gaming session. I had the rule book in PDF format on my laptop. I just drug the PDF document to my dropbox and Voila - I had access to the rulebook on my iPad while at the game. It was sweet!
Also, I can choose to share some folders with other DropBox members. I gave my husband access to that folder and we both had access to the rule book through the whole game.
As a student, I take my iPhone and iPad to class, take notes on it, and then back it up to dropbox. So when it is time to study everything is neatly organized by date and accessible from my computer, the library, wherever!!
As a business owner, I don't think I could do without it! I primarily design in Adobe illustrator and those files are HUGE! By backing up all of my designs to Dropbox, I can keep my computer running quickly as well as design on my laptop if I feel like mixing things up.
Absolutely LOVE Dropbox!!
That being said, since I'm not willing to pay for the service the space gets used up quickly. Even with the free storage you can earn (up to 16gb) that is gone if you sync your photos and videos PLUS work files.
I'll keep on using the service but it works best for me as a large file transfer instead of a cloud storage system.
OH! and favorite feature- files aren't immediately deleted from the cloud, so if some bozo in a shared folder deletes something, Dropbox has a backup!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos