BY DROPBOX #35 in Apps

• What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox? 53 Answers
  • Can you save music files and share them?73 Answers
Jessica B.
Macon, GA
I LOVE my Dropbox. I mainly store school work, videos, and pictures on it. I love being able to access all of my school work when I leave my computer at home. It doesn't matter if I go to school or a friend's house, I always have my documents when and where I need them. I love storing the pictures and videos from my phone on dropbox too because I am notorious for dropping my phone in liquids and losing everything. I love knowing that all of my pictures and videos are safe on here without worrying about losing my phone. It is also really nice to be able to pull up pictures and videos on the computer to show other people instead of having to look at them on tiny phone screens. This app/website is so versatile it can be used by anybody. Even if you just use the website to back up your computer instead of buying an external hard drive, it is totally worth it, because it is free, unless you go over the amount of free data space, which then you can purchase more. I totally recommend this to anybody and everybody!
Kelly C.
Torrington, CT
I love Dropbox for sharing files, photos, and videos. Large or small Dropbox always gets the job done! I love that you can make things private and share only certain documents with an individual or you can give them access to an entire folder! The app works wonderfully and you can have it automatically back up your pictures and videos from your phone which is a nice feature!

I have no complaints! I would recommend this to anyone looking for cloud storage and sharing. This has great security features and is very reliable!
Roland V.
As a professional student I use dropbox to sync my content across all my devices. Since Dropbox is OS agnostic it allows me to readily access my content without worrying about versioning or any other operating system hindrance.

Another very important feature of Dropbox is increased storage for each invitation. The more people you share files and folder with, the more storage you will receive in return. When I was a high school teacher I would often keep public folders with class materials on Dropbox due to the ubiquitous accessibility.

Public shared folders are often a quick and easy way to transfer files to people when email is too restrictive (read: files over 10 MB). I am able to transfer large datasets amongst my colleagues or photo albums with my family.
Natasha L.
Fort Morgan, CO
I love this app because not only can I access it from any computer, I also have had it on all of the cell phones that I have owned over the last couple years. I worked for a wireless company for almost 2 years and during that time I tested and carried 10 or more smart phones. It was great to be able to sync all of my photos and music to Dropbox so that I could access them no matter what device I was carrying. I also like that you can lock the app with a pin number for privacy. Another great feature is that you can expand your storage for free by completing tasks on their website instead of only being able to purchase more storage like a lot of other "cloud" programs offer. I was able to expand my storage to about 50 gigs and I was thrilled with that.
Rosalie W.
Dropbox is very handy. We use it a lot on school to hand in assignments through the itnernet. It's actually a flash drive online, which is very useful because you can't lose your files in Dropbox, you can on a flashdrive. In Dropbox, you can share folders with people who have dropbox as well, you can share any type of document you would like. The person you share the folder with can of course also use this file. You also get a few gigabite of memory space in your box, if you don't have enough you can buy more space. But the average person that doesn't send everyday documents, won't need it. I would highly recommend this, because it's easy and all your files are safe, if you maybe lose a file on your computer you then always get it back through dropbox, so you can also use it for yourself. So if you want some space on your computer you can put some document in dropbox and delete them from your computer, this way you can always get them back and you have free space again!
Valerie H.
Berkeley , CA
Dropbox is so handy: it's like a flashdrive on the internet. Of course, I'm sure people will just say, "but that's just like email!" While that might be slightly true, uploading to Dropbox is not as much of a hassle as adding a file to an email. Also, another major difference is that you can create both Public, Private, and Shared folders in Dropbox. If you share a folder with someone, that means that if you upload some document to the folder, the person who you shared it with can see the document instantaneously.

So get your Dropbox account today - it's free (unless you want to upgrade to get more space), and by doing simple things like sharing Dropbox on Twitter or inviting friends, you can get more space.

"I like Dropbox because......."
Hannah S.
Harts, WV
Techie Expert Level 2
I don't know how many times Drop Box has saved me. I love the ease of being able to upload stuff to and from my phone to my laptop and even desktop computers on campus. The free amount they give you is plenty enough for me. It's easy to delete files after the semester is over and I don't need them anymore. I write for my university's student newspaper so writing on the go and being able to transfer documents is a must. The ease of use is my favorite.
Drew K.
Seymour, CT
I use Dropbox daily. Period. It's the easiest and quickest way to keep my files in sync across all of my devices. For the professional on the go - keep a copy of your portfolio, resume, or current project on Dropbox and have access to these items from your Smartphone, or any computer with internet access. And, if you install the Dropbox program on your computer, it's even easier - everything automatically syncs to your designated folders.

You can even set your Smarphone to automatically upload your photos to a specific folder whenever you take new ones! Perfect for those wanting to back up those special moments.

Highly recommended for anyone that needs their most important things accessible from anywhere.
Gene H.
Berkeley, CA
I have been using Dropbox since middle school and I'm still using it now. Every now and then I forget an assignment and since I usually type my work, I can just to the school library or something during lunch and quickly print it out. It is so easy, especially I always save my work in a folder that constantly syncs with Dropbox. On top of that, it a way for me to send files to my Android phone without having to hook it up or email it to myself. Speaking of my phone, with Dropbox's Camera Upload, I always have a back up of the pictures that I took. Handy when you accidentally delete ALL of your pictures. Security is not a big problem as all of your files are encrypted and you can turn on two-factor verification.
Debra P.
A cloud-based digital storage and syncing system, Dropbox is a convenient way to back up your files and share them. I use it for documents, photos and video. For personal use, Dropbox offers a version with limited amount of data storage, currently 2B, is available free. There are multiple ways to increase your limit – from friend referrals (up to 16GB) to the always-available option of paying for more storage. There’s also Dropbox for Business. The desktop app is simple to use. I like being able to access my files, always updated, from any of my devices and from any location. I prefer using Google Drive for sharing and collaborative work, but Dropbox has an important role in my file-management toolbox.
Kathleen B.
Tehachapi, CA
Can you save music files and share them?
Helene H.
What do you mostly use it for?
A J.
What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox?
lashara B.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you like dropbox
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Can you really sync your files ?