BY DROPBOX #35 in Apps

• What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox? 53 Answers
  • Can you save music files and share them?73 Answers
Hope V.
Ronkonkoma, NY
I never grew into Dropbox because I'm an avid Google Drive user. Online storage is great, but I don't see the hype or the need to use both. This is a bit more difficult to use in Google Drive in my opinion. You also have to upgrade if you want more space.
Brianna A.
Ringgold, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
Best app ever. This app save so much memory on my phone. I am always trying to download an app and don't have enough memory because of my pics/ Problem solved. I will definitely recommend this app to everyone. Whoever made this app you are a genius
Samantha T.
This free service has helped me so much when I was in college and it has now carried over into my job. Having Dropbox on my phone, laptop, desktop, and work computer is soo convenient and helpful. I do concert announcements on Facebook at my job, but I;m only in the office for a few hours a week, most of the week I work from home, so it's really helpful to be able to access official band photos and other info on my work computer anywhere at any time on my phone or laptop, and vice versa. Keeps me ahead of the game and on schedule. It is instantly available on all devices, and you can do simple tasks to earn more space in your Dropbox. If you're on a computer that doesn't have Dropbox installed, that's no problem! You can go to their website and access / upload / download your files right from the browser! Seriously so convenient!
Lisa G.
West Palm Bch, FL
I run a marketing agency and use Dropbox to create workspaces for all of my clients, employees and use it conjunction with my project management software. I can take my client files with me anywhere, on my laptop, on my smartphone, and on my tablets. I can also login if necessary for any computer with an internet connection.

I have an upgraded Dropbox account as I work with a lot of files and clients. Recently, I was on a trip to Key West and my smartphone was stolen. I thought I had lost the 1500 photos that was on my iPhone. I was so upset about the loss of all of these memories. I had forgotten that I had setup my photos to automatically backup to Dropbox! A bad situation turned into a not so bad one!
Tracey H.
College Station, TX
I began using Dropbox about two years ago and absolutely love it. I carry my MacBook everywhere with me, but this online harddrive allows me to not have to keep up with a jump drive (which I tend to lose). Everything is stored in one place.

Moreover, I can easily collaborate with other professionals, share pictures and documents with family members, and see drafts others have updated without taking all of my email space.

The negatives to Dropbox, however, are that I have to pay the monthly fee to get enough space, there is constantly a privacy and protection of intellectual property concern, and I cannot update a file at the exact same time as someone else. Sometimes, it would be easier for Dropbox to have a feature like GoogleDrive that allows multiple users to update a file simultaneously and see each other's updates instantly.

Overall, I would highly recommend this tool for sharing files and collaboration.
For a while it seemed like the most effective way to get data from one place to another, one device to another, one person to another, was the thumb drive. Compact, plenty of space for quick large transfers, and pretty rugged. Like most means of data storage, from tape to DVD, these evolved traits that made the thumb drive valuable eventually proved to be just the other side of a coin. Compact...so it still takes up SOME physical space. Storage space...measured and limited by drive size. Rugged....should a storage medium even worry about that? Enter Dropbox. From around the world to across the home, files are shared without fear of physical size, space, or resilience. Dropbox is also a link between the worlds of Apple, Android and Microsoft. I use all three service and it is the most efficient way to get files from my Samsung phone to iPad tablet to Windows lap and desktops. It's also great for virtual expansion of storage when storage upgrade isn't an option, like with the iPad. And better still, it is an application that becomes more personal when used more and more. Everyone finds their one favorite ways to incorporate Dropbox into their daily gadget use.
Alessa P.
Fayetteville, NC
Techie Expert Level 2
I like downloading Sims 3 & 4 custom content and a lot of people who create custom content use Dropbox so people can download it easily. It's so easy to download stuff from Dropbox and they let you have a lot of space to store files in.
Krystal B.
Elsmere, KY
This online storage is awesome! When you first sign up you get a decent amount of storage. Then you receive additional storage for anyone that signs up under you. If you are like me you HATE referral links. I forget to send them and I hate to make my friends feel like I am obligating them to like so etching I do. This is the first one that I do remember to send. Normally I am sharing a large file. So I will make a shared folder than invite my friend to the folder. If they haven't signed up, they can under that invite and I get the credit. I back up all my device photos to Dropbox so they are never lost or deleted by accident. This clears up space on my phone and ipad. The sync is pretty fast, and can have the ability to add files to my Dropbox folder from my desktop. I share across multiple platforms, and this has made that so much easier for me. Love it!
Ron M.
Menifee, CA
If anything has shown us what the future of a world with more "cloud computing" will be like, in a positive manner, Dropbox has done that. One program/app that connects your content to any device that matters. As long as you are connected, you can access your important, or even non important files with ease. No more worries about the size of the memory on your phone, or whether you transferred that great new track to your phone...it's all there always to move around and use as you like when you need it. Drop your phone in the toilet again? As long as you had dropbox setup you don't have to worry about losing those important photos, files and music. Hard drive on your pc die a lound and gritty death? As long as you had your important files backed up, and you should since it's easy, you are in a good spot. Except for needing another drive :/.
Patsy F.
Dropbox is Amazing. When I first had sign up for it I really did not know what it was for. I was using to make a website on iweb. That would be the only reason I would use it. Later on, my computer failed on me. It would not turn on. I lost everything all my pictures and music. However I did not loose the pictures I had used on the website. They were all on Dropbox. And I could not get them from the webssite because the website had been deleted after a while. I was happy I had at least those pictures. Of course I am still bummed about everything, but I am saying Dropbox is great.
Kathleen B.
Tehachapi, CA
Can you save music files and share them?
Helene H.
What do you mostly use it for?
A J.
What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox?
lashara B.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you like dropbox
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Can you really sync your files ?