BY DROPBOX #32 in Apps

• What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox? 53 Answers
  • Can you save music files and share them?73 Answers
Jamie J.
Hammond, IN
This software is awesome. It is simple to use. Simply drag and drop the files that you want to keep safe. Dropbox uploads these files to their web site where they are completely private and completely secure.My latest experience with Dropbox was about 6 months ago when my hard drive had a melt down. I had all my son's photos in a folder on my computer from newborn to present. After a brief moment of panic i realized that I had used Dropbox to save these photos. What could have been an absolutely devastating moment for this Mom turned out to be OK.
Tamera D.
Hanover, MD
I cannot count the times this has come in handy! Since we like to travel around the world, we keep digital copies of important documents on one account, my blog stuff on another account, and stuff to share with family on another. We have had to use this in multiple countries when we would forget to carry our passports around town with us, or when needing social security numbers for documentation.
Hiroko N.
Astoria, NY
This is a must-have for a person like me, who is always on a go, but in need of files on the fly. Most of the time, I have my USB, but it is generally much more convenient to be able to download from a cloud server. I especially love the ability to sink my very long PDF files to my iPad to read on my hour-long bus commutes to teaching, and the ability for my Droid 4 to automatically upload all of my photos and videos so that I can easily share even large videos without the hassle of moving them from my phone and uploading them myself.
Stephanie W.
Starkville, MS
Dropbox provides a cloud drive that can sync everything you put on there to where ever you want. I use this tool A LOT for school. The combination of Dropbox and a revision control software is unbeatable for writing code. I use it a lot because it syncs everything in the folder so I have the files on my laptop, desktop, and anywhere I have internet access to. For example, to do a presentation, I drop my presentation slides that I make in my laptop into my Dropbox folder. Then when I get to my class, I just log in to my Dropbox account online (and yes, every single file you have is sync to where you can access it via their website) and open my presentation. Once again, this is a great tool for students.
Marlene R.
Redondo Beach, CA
I love how easy and accessible dropbox is to use. We use it at my university to turn in assignments and it's really great. You get free space at the beginning and even if you're using it heavily, the space will last you quite a while. I love that this service even has an app so I can access files on my phone. Really helped my out during midterms when I had to travel out for the weekend but I also needed to review some power point slides. Dropbox to the rescue! Haha, but seriously one of the cleanest and easiest to use cloud services.
Jocelyn C.
Lyndhurst, NJ
My husband travels alot!! for his job... and he forgot some very important papers and had me scan all 50 pages! it would have obviously been too big to send via email and time consuming!! so he told me to open his dropbox and just drag them in... I could NOT believe how fast and easy it was and all the way across the world, he got his paperwork with no problems whatsoever. Made life so much easier.
amanda R.
West Greenwich, RI
I am the "photographer" in the family so anytime there is a family gathering of any sort ... you'll see me with my camera. Only issue, is that I tend to take alotttt of pictures which tends to be an issue when I need to send them to my family. That's where Dropbox come in! If I were to try to send pictures to someone through my email it is such a pain, not to mention I can only send 10 at a time!! With Dropbox all I have to do is create a folder on my desktop and open up my Dropbox account and drag the folder from the desktop onto the Dropbox page. It's so simple! Also I can send as many pictures as I want! Without Dropbox I don't know what I would do. It's simple and free to sign up, it's defiantly worth it!
Ida Z.
El Paso, TX
Techie Expert Level 3
I think this is something everyone should use. It is very simple to install and use. When you sign up, automatically you get a certain amount of gigabytes. I installed it in my phone and macbook pro. Automatically Dropbox will update the pics you take. If you first use Dropbox and have a lot of pictures, make sure you don't need to use your phone for anything since it will take time to upload all of it. I had close to 900 pictures plus videos. So it took well over an hour to upload it all. I am really happy with Dropbox.
Jasmine T.
Reading, PA
I found out about this last year from one of my classmates. I'm in nursing school and couldn't remember everything the teachers were saying in class. I wasn't recording my lectures either. So one day my classmate told me she records the lectures and she would be willing to send me a copy through dropbox. I set up my account and saw there was an app. I was so happy that I could listen to all the lectures through this app and on the go. This seriously saved so much time trying to remember everything my teachers said in class.
Jessica K.
Southgate
I love Dropbox. My cousin introduced it to me, initially so we could share things with each other conveniently and at anytime. This quickly turned into backup and storage space for me though for my pictures, videos and files from my computer and iPhone. There are several times now where I would have been so lost without it and left without any trace of these things, but Dropbox has saved me! Very convenient, easy to use, great to use for a backup of important files, and love that you can share things with people so easily!
Kathleen B.
Tehachapi, CA
Can you save music files and share them?
Helene H.
What do you mostly use it for?
A J.
What are your most frequent uploads to dropbox?
lashara B.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you like dropbox
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Can you really sync your files ?