BY JOE SWANBERG

Luke and Kate are co-workers at a Chicago brewery, where they spend their days drinking and flirting. They’re perfect for each other, except that they’re both in relationships. Luke is in the midst of marriage talks with his girlfriend of six years, and Kate is playing it cool with her music producer boyfriend Chris. But you know what makes the line between “friends” and “more than friends” really blurry? Beer.

Megan P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie jumped out to me because of the cast. I love Anna Kendrick and Olivia Wilde so I was pretty excited when I found it on Netflix. Unfortunately, it was kind of dull the movie kind of just dragged on. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't watch it a second time.
kat m.
Austin, TX
This is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. I am a big fan of Anna Kendrick so this was a let down. There really is not a plot, they barely talk about beer, and very slow. How does is have such good reviews? I would give it zero stars if possible.
Annie S.
albany, NY
Here is another movie I found flipping through Netflix. And I thought it would be an awesome movie because of the cast. It definitely was not one of my favorites because certain parts seemed to drag on others did not make sense but there is decent acting in a fairly fluid plot and I like how the characters interacted with one another.
charlie s.
Roswell, GA
They made this movie from an outline of a script, and then the actors improvised most of the scenes. It shows, and the group's natural chemistry shows. I do think it's horribly directed, it's distracting. But the plot is awesome, playing with expectations and making us think. it's far less straightforward than the rom com you expect.
Andree S.
Phoenix, AZ
Watched the movie beginning to end it had its funny moments and I loved the chemistry between the actors. I love Anna Kendrick in this movie she may not have been the main character, but was a great supporting actor.
Olivia N.
I liked the portrayal of friendship that's more realistic and that we don't often see in films, but some of the character development was lacking in others that it didn't quite balance out, but it's a cute film.
Tony M.
Parkville, MD
While slow on the surface, the underlying character drama of this movie is really good. The people and situations are familiar and that sentimentality makes for good entertainment.
Lindsey P.
Oxford, OH
Awesome Indie film! Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson are in rare form and their onscreen chemistry is so natural. Both funny and emotional at times the perfect calm night pick!
Taylor L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was expecting a comedy, and while this film had funny scenes, over all it was a drama. I wasn't entirely impressed by the story, but the actors were enjoyable to watch.
Sara W.
Lees Summit, MO
I didn't hate this movie, and I thought it was good just very slow moving. There was a lot of talking or weird silences, watching the two main people eat. Then at the end I was kind of disappointed, it rather just fizzled out.