GroceryBakeryDrakes

Since 1888.
125 years of delicious.
Devil Dogs® brand.
Individually wrapped.
8 creme filled Devils food cakes.
Freshness guaranteed.

Has anyone tried the mint devil dogs?
Start your review of Drake's Devil Dog's - 12.8oz!
Autumn T.
Glen Burnie, MD
Drake's Devil Dog's - 12.8oz uploaded by Autumn T.
Purchased at: Walmart
All I can say right now with a mouth full of cream and chocolate is, WOW! YUM, & MORE PLEASE!! These chocolate cake rolls are so soft and moist and just the right flavor of chocolate, it tastes like real chocolate that melts in your mouth, literally! It doesn't taste like a fake sugar filled manufactured product like some do. The creme actually tastes and feels like creme. I didn't have to even have milk until I had two of them lastnight. Thats because they aren't a dry cake. Mmmm, so soft! So fresh! Some creme others use have a gritty sugar flavor and texture. Not Drake's!!!! These taste like high end bakery quality and very fresh, and moist. The other brand is always kinda stale and dry.. I'm shocked that these were at the price point they were. The other brand doesn't come close!!!! You just have to try these for yourself and you will not ever want the other brand ever again. FYI, these taste great room temperature but even better after they've been hidden in the little butter door in the fridge. Lol They melt in your mouth either way. I'm going to try some DYI desserts using these.
April C.
Baltimore, MD
Drake's Devil Dog's - 12.8oz uploaded by April C.
Awe what can I say beside when I get my hand on this item, it's now you see it, now you don't. I have been eating Drake's Devil Dogs since 1978, yeah I'm old but don't touch my Devil Dog's LOL. The chocolate is perfectly balance and the cream center is not overwhelming.
Paul N.
Winnetka, CA
Drake's Devil Dog's - 12.8oz uploaded by Paul N.
Purchased at: Online
Drake’s cake several dogs awesome we could never go wrong original from the factory comes fresh chocolate peanut butter all types of flavors
ANGIE M.
Holyoke, MA
There pretty good the cream is soft but I felt like it gets stuck in my throat because its a little dry for me would definitely buy more
SkynCara L.
Drake's Devil Dog's - 12.8oz uploaded by SkynCara L.
Purchased at: Publix
I haven’t had a DevilDog in over 16 years. They are a lot smaller and the color appears a bit lighter. The actual chocolate part doesn’t taste the same. I will not buy these again. I will say they were soft and tasted fresh.
Tecla  M.
Holtsville, NY
Purchased at: Walmart
This is an ok snack. Cake is soft, but could have a stronger chocolate flavor. The cream filling has a weak taste as well. Definitely not how I remembered it tasting as a child.
Christina L.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have memories of eating these as a lil girl lol I still love them.. I have turned a lot of people on to them too lol the cream is my favorite part of it of course lol I feel like they keep getting smaller tho as the years have gone by tho but I still love to grab a box of them when I see them lol so good
Dinah G.
Wesley Chapel, FL
These are my all time favorite snack cakes. I can never resist a devil dog. Over the years I feel like Drakes has changed their recipe BUT not for the devil dog, it still tastes just how I remember it as a kid. It is so rich and the cream in the middle is perfect. Not too sweet but sweet enough to hit the spot. You do need a HUGE glass of milk or water because the cake is very thick.
Amanda O.
Idk why I love these so much but I do lol! I guess I really do have an obsession with chocolate cakes
Nicole L.
These were probably my favorite snack cake growing up.  I always thought of them as a hot dog, but I hated hot dogs, and I loved these because they were chocolate.  They were kinda dry, but great with a glass of milk.