BY VANILLAWARE

Jonah B.
Vanillaware has made games before Dragon's crown. In this particular game they wanted something a little different, they knew what they wanted and when I played the game I could see that. They succeeded at doing it. It's classic style side scrolling beat em' up like you'd see at the arcades but fresh, find weapons with stats, level up and all that good stuff. You may choose to play as who ever you wish, a knight, sorceress, dwarf, an elf, an amazon and wizard. The wizard is like the sorceress except male. They both have magic and can bring to life some friendly helpers. Throughout the game you see skeleton piles that you can ressurent with the sorceress to help or pick them and bring them to the priest for AI help if you are playing solo. They come in handy but lack sense. The wizard can make wooden boxes into little tree like buddies instead of busting them open. The graphics are stunning and pretty. The game is known for having sexually drawn characters but that's a part of the games style. It's supposed to be over the top. It's for people who like it and if you don't it's not your thing. I wouldn't let some breasts ruin the whole game, it just seems silly to be so offended. I've seen I don't know how many critics complain about it. Just choose the elf who is flat and fully covered or a male. There is Roland the brave who is a man with with only a cloth and huge muscles but I didn't care. It's the style. They wanted to make something different. The art is not one sided which they said is that they wanted to have both genders exaggerated, it has very beefy men showing pecks and no shirts and busty women. The game is a very fantasy based game with Hand drawn artwork that I praise. You find loot chests and see what the ranking is for it, the better the ranking, the better the loot. You get graded loot at the end of each level or quest. Or you can keep going without returning to the village of which has many buildings to enter. You can go to the tavern and save or go repair your equipment. Buy, sell, whatever you want. You can go accept quests and side quests from the guildmaster. After every side quest you're rewarded with an art illustration to be put in the gallery with a description of a story, experience points and also an upgrade point. Play the game more than once to unlock more difficulties and locked side quests. This meant more for co op which is obvious when you try to fight a boss who is too strong for you. If you go in solo you might want to level up and grind a little then go slay the big boss. After half way through the game you have to do the same levels but take a different rout and fight an even harder boss to get a talisman and beat the game. If you want to get bonuses you can go without using the stables to get sent to a random destination and fight through levels. You can find yourself and your party at a camp in which is the point where you cook up some food. You add ingredients to better the stats of who eats before going to the next level. The bosses are memorable, fun and a challenge to win. When you reach a higher level and come back, you will come out on top and feel like a champion. The game has no characters that speak. It's all read and listen to a narrator, the narrator is at least interesting. A good voiced narrator but I know why they chose a narrator. It's a modern take and salute to this genra. It's a fantastical game filled with many enemies like, vampires, bugs, animals, orcs, goblins, pirates. Tons. One of the twists put on to this game is Rannie. You use a cursor to click on chests for him to pick open. This is one of my loved games that I know was a good buy. I waited so long for it and it was worth it. The only problem I have is that it might never have a sequel.
Karin H.
Fort Collins, CO
This will forever be my favorite game! I played this with my husband and I loved it! the art style is amazing and I loved the multiple skin & hair options for the characters. The one complaint I do have is that as player 2, once you get to level 35 you no longer are able to level up, but you can level up still if you are player 1.
Valerie H.
Spring Hill, FL
This ia a fun game. I enjoyed playing this game. The art work ia amazing and the story flows very well. I enjoyed not only the main story quest but also like doing the side quests.
Taylor J.
Woodville, MS
This game is pretty cool. I love it. The experiences I've had with it were great.
Natalie M.
I wonder if this is good and worth the money also where can i purchase this?
Gazel M.
Ottawa, ON
It's a simple game but fun. The story is very minimal, it is really all about 'grinding' to get the most points and getting the best equipment for your character. It's very repetitive so if that's something you don't like you may not enjoy this series. I have a blast playing this because it's a great multiplayer game, so I play this with my SO and my brother.