Dr Pepper® Cherry Vanilla Soda uploaded by Ruby G.

BY DR. PEPPER #75 in Soda & Carbonated Drinks

If you're looking for a soft drink with an authentically different taste, nothing satisfies quite like a Dr Pepper. Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper delivers the same original recipe of 23 signature flavors with a hint of cherry and vanilla flavor to make a deliciously unique beverage. Established in 1885, Dr Pepper has an iconic history of delivering satisfying refreshment. Often imitated and never duplicated, Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper is Always One of a Kind.

Dr Pepper® Cherry Vanilla Soda
  • "Not a huge fan of this flavor tastes too much like cough syrup to me the other kinds they made were much better " in 1 review
  • "this soda is a very good one." in 1 review
Emily J.
Brooklyn, NY
Well, first off, it smells pretty much like the original Dr Pepper. And that first sip? Not bad. It’s predominantly the traditional Dr Pepper flavor, however the aftertaste is noticeably different. DP usually has a “bite” to it, but the Cherry Vanilla version mellows that out with an obvious overtone of vanilla flavor. The cherry flavoring is ever so slight, much how it was substantially weak in Red Fusion. I had a hard time picking it out.
Overall, I was happy with the taste experience, though I expected a little more in the flavor department to differentiate from the original. On that note, I felt the packaging could have been done a little differently as well, given that the color and iconography almost too closely resemble the original. If I wasn’t looking for it, I don’t think I would have found this beverage, as it blends in too closely with regular Dr Pepper. I’d buy it again, but don’t know how successful this will be to the folks at Cadbury Schweppes, makers of Dr Pepper.
Dixie C.
Anniston, AL
I have to say I'm a huge Dr. Pepper fan... I have pictures as young as 9 months old and my mother letting me drink from her dr. Pepper bottle of trying to with her help lol. An I still drink that today, so with that being said I don't think this was a good flavor combination. If it was ice cold and you drank a swallow it was refreshing but the after taste of vanilla made it a little bitter to me. It also seemed a thicker syrup taste and just not as good as a regular Dr. Pepper which is what I drink a lot of the time. Also I'm a vanilla fan but give me two scoops of ice cream then pour a little DP over it it's a great float. But all that being said it would be OK but not my first choice of Dr. Pepper products.
Samantha M.
Winchester, VA
Okay, so Mt Dew is really the only soda I own, but on occassion, I get in the mood for a Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. Try are delicious, but they are incredibly sweet and rich to me, so it's not a drink I can drink all the time. My boyfriend is addicted to them, much like I am to Mt Dew, so we always have them whenever I can find them at her grocery store. I occasionally sneak one. It's almost like eating a brownie for me, like something I indulge in when I have a sweet tooth. They are pretty tasty.
patricia t.
Lincolnton, NC
I am a long term Dr Pepper drinker in fact it's about the only thing I drink. The cherry vanilla version is not a mistake. Most of the time when a company changes the receipie of a drink they make it way too strong, but I saw this at a local restruant and thought I would try it. And I was in love. The cherry and vanilla are not over powering there is a slight hint of cherry with a accent of vanilla. It's quite hard to find here in my small town but I stock up on it when I see it.
Nikki H.
Columbus, GA
I am a huge coca-cola fan and for nearly all of my life that has been my families go to cola of choice. However this Dr. Pepper is a game changer. The cherry vanilla blend is so smooth and delicious that I am addicted to this soda. Unfortunately it is hard to find and in the area I live in it is not sold what a disappointment! If you normally drink coca-cola original and cherry coke like I do you should definitely give this cherry-vanilla dr. pepper a try :)
Melanie C.
Corpus Christi, TX
Absolutely love, the 2nd best drink in my life! The flavor of dr. Pepper with cherry vanilla, ice cold fizzing in your mouth soo delicious. Every drink is so tasty, so flavorful. Yummy sad when you run out. A 20-24 pack needs to made I would definitely stock up on. 12 packs of cherry vanilla dr peppers are super hard to come by price is no problem when you love the product. Dr Pepper usually stock 3-4 12packs at the grocery store. NOT ENOUGH
Gabriella C.
St Petersburg, FL
I rarely every drink soda. Every once in a while I will have a Doctor Pepper - it's the only soda I will drink because of its unique and delicious flavor. When Doctor Pepper Cherry Vanilla came out, I had to try it. You can taste all three flavors at the same time: the original doctor pepper flavor, the cherry, and the vanilla. Yum! It's kind of like Vanilla Coke if you have ever tried that. It's a nice treat and I would buy again.
Maribel G.
Carol Stream, IL
The rarest, and most delicious, of them all! I can't believe they don't stock these with the regular Dr. Pepper's. This is something I would only recommend to those who enjoy Dr. Pepper already since I notice this flavor is not for all. My parents think DP tastes like medicine, so I already know they won't be too keen to try this. I love this drink and wish to see this more often.
Vanessa A.
Santa Ana, CA
Dr. Pepper and I have a love affair, a tumultuous love affair. I love Dr. Pepper and only drink it on special occasions as I become addicted. Cut to me not eating but just drinking Dr. Pepper over crushed ice, sucking the flavor out of the ice and starting all over. Its not good for anyone. I like regular, but the Cherry Vanilla hits the sweet spot.
Kaitlyn Y.
Oceanside, CA
Dr. Pepper anything is seriously my favorite. I am obsessed with it. First off super cheap to buy this soda, the flavor and taste is AMAZING! I love drinking it when its very cold- it's the best refreshing drink to have! I highly recommend this drink to everyone because if you don't drink this you are missing out on a part of life...
Maria R.
Foodie Expert
Wow! Where do they sell this at? I'm a big doctor pepper fan. I havnt seen this around in Cali. :(
Alisha R.
Foodie Expert
Do they make this Dr. Pepper cherry vanilla flavor in Diet?
Brittany N.
Buffalo, NY
Foodie Expert
Would this make a good float?!
Jacob A.
Does this really taste like vanilla
Grace C.