BY DR. LIPP

We sometimes spend weeks picking out our new go-to lipstick color, which is why we like to make sure our lips are smooth and silky instead of cracked and dry. This balm is a favorite among celebrity makeup artists and dermatologists because the 100% natural formula completely rehydrates depleted skin and lips. Bonus: You can also use it to sooth sunburn, tame brows, and nourish thirsty skin anywhere on your body. It's tasteless, odorless, and effortlessly powerful. see more...

Iman O.
New York
I received a sample of this in my Birchbox, and I do find myself reaching for it pretty often. It does a good job of soothing and moisturizing, and I've used it on my lips, the back of my hands, and around my nose during the winter.
It has a tacky consistency, which I actually love, as I find that makes it stay on longer. But I could see how some people might hate that. I've seen many reviewers compare it to Vaseline, but I find it much less oily than Vaseline, and it does a better job of staying exactly where you applied it.
I did have to knock off 2 stars though, because, essentially, it's just plain ol' lanolin. Which you can buy a huge tub or tube of at any drugstore for around $7.
So it's kind of insane that they're charging $16.50 for a 0.5oz tube. You're paying more for the "trendy" name and pink packaging, than you are for the actual product inside.
I may buy generic lanolin after I finish this tube, but I definitely won't be paying Dr. Lipp prices for it.

Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
I was sceptical after reading some of the reviews on this but was pleasantly surprised. I love any kind of lip products and this balm is great! Yes it is very thick but it goes on very smooth and shiny. I love that it has no smell. It is long lasting, does not rub off easily and leaves lips feeling incredibly soft and hydrated. I can see why some people only use it at night as it is super shiny / glossy. I love a high gloss lip though so it works for me. A great touch when going for a natural make up look. I received this from Birchbox but will most definetly be purchasing the full size product.
Amanda O.
Hanahan
I think it's a good product but I'm kind of a little iffy on it to be honest because the day that I did not have chapped lips it was really thick but it felt okay and decent but I noticed that when I had really chapped lips one day and decided to give it a shot and it was horrible LOL it just felt really sticky and made my let's not really able to rub together so I did not like that but I just read on the back that it also is good for cheek shine and tame eyebrows, so I may just try it as a eyebrow tamer because I don't think I'll like it on my cheeks so we shall see...
Linda H.
Peoria, AZ
Hey y’all
I just wanted to give a quick review on this miracle lip balm.
I’ve been using it for a few days and really love it.
It’s very versatile. It can be used as a conditioning lip balm, as well as tame a few strays on your eyebrows. You can even use it to condition your cuticles.
The consistency and look reminds me of vaseline but it is not greasy at all. It doesn’t have a scent or a taste but really works well.
I’ve even used it on top of my lip stain and it worked great.
I will definitely keep using it every night when I go to bed.
My lips have never been more luscious 👄
Megan G.
I received this in my Birchbox and at first I was disappointed. It was a small sample with no scent. But it turns out, a little bit goes a really long way! And I LOVE the formula. It's not tacky or goopy. I put it on my lips last night and it was still on this morning when I woke up. Until now, the only thing that did that was my Clinique night mask. LOVING this. I also used it on my hand where I have issues due to eczema. My skin is thicker and dry in that area and the balm seems to really soften it and it looks so much better.
Abby B.
This product is legit a miracle. After my first use with super dry cracked lips, my lips are so soft and crack free. It does go on super heavy, a bit heavier than carmex so be sure to only squeeze out a little. I got this sample in my Birchbox and will be buying a full size ASAP. It is a bit pricey but it is so worth it. Idk about y’all but the colder weather has destroyed my lips and regular lip balm just wasn’t cutting it. I also get cold sores every few months so I’ll update soon with wether or not this product has cut down on cold sores. I will always have it on hand!
Phoebe M.
Tampa, FL
I received this in my BirchBox for March2018, and I was very happy with it. I had cracks in my lips when I applied this and by the end of the day they had healed. Now, that being said, I will warn you it is VERY thick and VERY heavy. Though it is heavy and thick it isn’t gummy, so don’t be afraid of that dollar store lip gloss feel.
I don’t find this lip balm to be something for daily wear or even to close off a look. I think this product is best for repairing and restoration, and can even be worn overnight. It is long lasting and a small amount goes a long way, so you won’t run out of it quickly. Overall I think this is a great balm and works very well for healing lips. With cute pink packaging you don’t have to worry about it looking like a “granny gloss.” It is a bit pricey for a lip treatment BUT because a little goes a long way I think it will last a long time, so you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
Kate P.
I received a trial size of Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm in my May Birchbox. I was a bit disappointed in this product, to be honest. This balm is basically a thicker version of Vaseline. However, it is hydrating! I wouldn't purchase this only because I can get essentially the same product for far less money. I will continue to use this product as a night time lip balm and see if I change my mind.
Noa S.
Raleigh, NC
I received a sample in my birchbox this month. I suffer from dry lips that can even become crusty. This, of course, makes the application of lipsticks quite challenging sometimes. This product works like a charm: my lips not only feel hydrated and soft, but it also has staying power. I apply it before bedtime and my lips are still super moist in the morning. I already ordered the full size.
Allison M.
Ayer
I received this product as a trial size and was not impressed in the least. To be fair i only tried one of the supposed "Hundred uses", i am very picky about chapstick because I'm addicted to it and this was about a useful as Vaseline. It did well hydrating my lips just fine but it doesn't last, i find myself applying more product quite frequently. I didn't bother using it for anything else because of how fast it wore off my lips. Yes it's tasteless, odourless but so is Vaseline, i won't be buying this product.
Victoria M.