BY DR. LIN SKINCARE

• I've been looking for a daily moisturizer that works for my oily ...3 Answers
  • I can't find this in stores anywhere nearby(north FL). Anyone kno...4 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Leslie Y.
This is perfect for my oily/combo acne prone skin! It does not break me out or make me greasy. For the price and simplicity of ingredients I will always repurchase this!
Kay L.
I have oily skin to start with and needed a lightweight moisturizer to wear over my typical prescriptions in the summer. When G on Nouveau Cheap did a review on this, I was convinced I needed to try it. she was right on my favorite cleanser, so why would I not trust her here?

The product itself is completely clear and gel like. it has a lovely slip. A little goes a long way here. I use it at night on top of my Tretinoin treatment, placing a decent layer. It sinks in pretty quickly, which I love, especially when I'm very tired. It's a very cooling sensation that helps combat the irritation that occurs while washing away the day's grime. I will use this under my eyes, on my eyelashes, and on my neck. My skin feels amazing when I wake up.

The cons? The jar packaging would be the biggest one. It's a lightweight moisturizer, so I'm not sure how well my skin will be once the cold NJ winter hits us.
Christine P.
N Branford, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works wonders on my sensitive, acne prone skin. It's very gentle yet effective. If you have very dry skin you will most likely want to layer a thicker moisturizer on top though. I usually will apply a thick layer of this gel all over my face at night when my skin is particularly irritated. By morning my skin is usually calm.
Kashmir M.
I found this product through a video on YouTube last summer and she said it felt nice and hydrating. Later I found that it was INCREDIBLY affordable. Then I found out about a buy one get one free coupon, and, well you probably know what happened next. The first thing I noticed about this product was, wow, this feels incredible. It's cooling, hydrating, it doesn't clog pores or make me break out, it's soothing and isn't irritating to my sensitive skin. The second thing I noticed is the very short ingredient list. I didn't find anything in there that was potentially irritating or dangerous to skin (to my knowledge). No fragrance, parabens, or any other weird stuff you probably don't want on your skin. It's a fantastic light moisturizer, and goes very well under other, heavier moisturizers or makeup.
Laura E.
Bridgeport, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love this moisturizer. I have very oily skin so I need a lightweight gel moisturizer and this works so well for me. It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. I thought it would lighten dark marks but it hasn't done that yet and I have been using it for several months. I have repurchased a few times and I hope to again, although they unfortunately don't sell it at Ulta anymore! Bummer. I use it in the morning and night everyday. It dries fast so I don't have to wait long to apply makeup. My makeup applies nicely over this, although if you use a primer I would still use that over it. Overall I love it and highly recommend for people with oily skin!
Lorene T.
Los Angeles, CA
I saw my sister using this so I bought it and gave it a go. Now I am on my second tub of this moisturizing gel and will continue to repurchase. It's great especially in the summer when my skin becomes more oily. I have never broken out because of this product and in fact I think it helps heal my acne-prone skin. Definitely recommended for combination and oily skin types!
Taylor L.
Long Beach, CA
I purchased and used up this product a little while back. It really is a nice moisturizing gel. It drys fast too so it leaves you matte.

I bought this for my brother (18) who's really adamant about trying to get rid of his acne. In addition, he's picky about his moisturizers. This is his favorite. It helps with his acne while not leaving him shiny.
Catalina L.
Hialeah, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very hydrating, I use it mostly on my body since I sometimes get red spots or bumps on face. besides that its pretty great.
Emily C.
I bought this on the recommendation of G from Nouveau Cheap blog. I have oily skin prone to breakouts. So I'm all about lightweight moisturizers with skin benefits too. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! And it's so cheap compared to other face moisturizers that aren't even half as good. First off when they say gel they mean it. It's completely clear like aloe Vera gel. Aloe juice is the second ingredient. It also has hyaluronic acid and cucumber, bear berry, chamomile extract. It's fragrance free. It smells kinda like aloe Vera gel but I don't smell anything when I put it on. While it looks, smells and feels like regular aloe gel it goes on lighter and dries quicker without the tackiness. Now it is definitely the lightest moisturizing moisturizer I have ever used and so don't think dry skin would love this. My only gripe is that it is in a jar. But that can be easily remedied by transferring it to a tube. Favorite face moisturizer ever!! Anyone with oily skin should give it a shot!
Laura L.
Since I had it for 2-3 weeks, I have to say I definitely like it a lot. It hasn’t increased my acne issues. It also gives this pleasant cooling effect as I glides it over the skin. The cooling effect it gives is definitely great for the hot summer. I felt like I was being cooled off. I am also a fan of aloe vera, so having it in the product was a plus.

Yet, it isn’t very hydrating for me sometimes when my skin is a lot drier than usual. Therefore, this would be more for oily skin during the summer time. Yet, you can still use it if you put an occlusive type of product on top to keep it in.

Also, the only methods of getting this moisturizer was online (like Amazon) or driving to my local Ulta. Yet, I don’t consider that Ulta local because I had to drive through madness to get there (seriously, where are all these people coming from?). I would’ve preferred my local drugstores, grocery stores, or Target since they are much closer. Too bad none of them sell it. Its like some obscure brand in the market.

One last downside is that the product is in a jar. I wash my hands before doing my routine, but I am concerned I may containment it by accident.

I generally like this product and it feels nice. I am still seeking other gel moisturizers that won’t require me to put an occlusive moisturizer on top. Til then, this will have to do because it doesn’t break my bank.
Elizabeth O.
Middleburg, FL
I can't find this in stores anywhere nearby(north FL). Anyone know where to find it? Is it worth ordering online?
Kathy L.
Marina Del Rey, CA
I've been looking for a daily moisturizer that works for my oily skin and I came across this at ulta. Does this work for daily use? And will is make a difference?
Jennifer S.
Is this suitable for dry skin? The product itself says it's for 'dry, irritated skin' but for most of the reviews I've read, people have said they've used it on oily skin. Just wondering how effective this would be for skin that's super dry since that's what I have!