BY DR. JART+ #11 in BB Cream

What it is:
A one-step balm that perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors.

Solutions for:
- Dryness
- Redness
- Dullness/uneven texture
- Acne/blemishes
- Loss of firmness/elasticity

If you want to know more…
A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Beauty Balms or BB Creams were originally developed as a perfect post-procedure cream used to treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage the skin. Great for all skin types including those with sensitive skin, these versatile five-in-one formulas are designed to do it all: treat with high levels of active skin care ingredients; moisturize and smooth dehydrated skin; prime and perfect skin’s surface; camouflage and color correct the skintone; and protect skin from the sun with SPF. They can be used as a last step for their skin care benefits or used on their own as an instant beautifier.

Buy on Sephora
  • "I'm not even exaggerating, it really is one of the best BB creams I've tried, considering coverage pay off, color matching, consistency and SPF 45!!" in 18 reviews
  • "I don't like to wear a lot of make up and this evens out my skin tone just enough and provides with me with a moisturizer. " in 11 reviews
  • "It also has high SPF - I even wore this while on safari in Africa and my skin looked beautiful and didn't get burned while riding around in a Range Rover!" in 5 reviews
  • "I was so thrilled to receive this as a sample size because that means I can travel with a mini instead of the full size!" in 5 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: light to medium
I was considering this cc cream and comparing it against It Cosmetics CC Cream. I ended up going with It Cosmetics because I had a sample of that and I fell in love but I actually just received a sample of this and I'm regretting not choosing this instead. For those with dry or normal skin I would go with It Cosmetics as its a bit moisturizing and radiant but if you're oily and acne prone like me with texture and need some decent coverage with good skincare and without looking like a mask go with Dr. jart Premium Beauty Balm.
It took me one layer to get my skin looking gorgeous on the better parts of my skin and two or three layers to get the bad redness and bad break out areas.
I did apply this on top of a mattifying primer because I don't think you give anything a fair chance if you don't use it correctly.
It looked matte almost immediately and dried to an almost powder type finish. The light med was a bit dark for me and I'm usually the 2nd or 3rd color in on foundation collections so if you're any lighter it probably won't work for you.
I then set it lightly with a very thin layer of translucent powder. It lasted all night long and didn't budge. And I know that was the beauty balm becAuse that was the only thing different I used and my makeup is usually sliding off by hour 3 and 4.
It kept my redness under wraps. It covered all my acne.
It has no scent at all. Its a good amount of product for the price and the packaging is very sturdy and travel friendly yet easy to use.
I definitely recommend this.
Christina S.
North Branch, MI
Review for: light to medium
I had gotten a sample of this from Sephora just because I've never really been all that into BB creams. I have to say I'm not really a huge fan mostly because of the shade that the "light to medium" one was. It was very cool toned with like a grey undertone to it and it made me look ashy and sick. It smells like old lady but personally the other BB cream that I bought from NYX smells the same way so maybe that's just what they all smell like.
Pros: it has SPF in it, didn't make me feel greasy, not too heavy feeling
Claire S.
Austin, TX
Review for: light to medium
I have my specific requirements when it comes to BB Creams. I know I can’t expect good coverage but it should at least even out my skin tone, reduce redness, and be pore-minimizing. It should be at least SPF30. It should be a great makeup base, not overly dewy and not flat matte either. This Dr. Jart BB Cream is only one of 2 I have been impressed with so far and I have tried A LOT of bb creams.
Sheila M.
Irvine, KY
Review for: light to medium
I have never tried a bb like this one!!! This one actually has coverage but still let's your natural skin show though. It evens out skin tone so we'll!! And it's so lightweight. I live it on days where it's just too hot to wear a full coverage foundation that literally Melts off my face in the Kentucky humidity. Plus I work outside so that 45 spf works great!!! It stays put and doesn't crease. The only con I seen was I did have to powder it several times throughout the day but because of the spf that tends to happen. I have a feeling this will be a permanent part of my summer makeup!!
Evelyn C.
Cranston, RI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: medium to deep
This was my go to coverage the whole entire summer! It is more than a beauty balm. I found that It provided enough coverage during the summer. My skin looked Dewey and healthy. I do however wish there were more colors. I used medium to dark in the summer but that’s too dark for me during the winter and the light to medium is too light.
Hannah A.
Review for: light to medium
This is a multitasking skincare, makeup product. It smells like sunscreen makeup. It doesn't have an added fragrance or anything. It looks like a purple/grey thick bb cream. It feels cooling going onto the skin and was a good match for my skin. It provides medium coverage and made my skin a bit pinker. It cancelled out my yellow/swallow undertone. It gave a rosy glow to my skin. I really enjoyed using it. A little bit really goes a long way. I was able to use the sample that I got eight times by cutting into the squeeze tube. If this is cruelty free, I will be purchasing this. I want a light foundation that gives a medium coverage. This fits the bill perfectly. I highly recommend.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
Review for: light to medium
I’m torn with this product. I received a sample of Light-Medium color and tried it out in the morning. I loved how good of a coverage it has. It also doesn’t smell like anything and applies easily. The lighting in my bathroom is not the best, but I loved the result and I could tell it looks very natural on the face. However, when I went to another room and checked out my face in the mirror, I realized that this product has a pink undertone and while my face looked flawless, the color of my face looked weird compared to the rest of my body. I need medium or yellow undertone. I wish this came in more variety of undertones.
Alex H.
Louisville, KY
Review for: light to medium
This is my holy grail skin perfecting product! It leaves a gorgeous glow to the skin. It evens out redness, but coverage is pretty minimal. I use this all over, and then add foundation where I need it. This has amazing SPF protection and is great for summer when you don’t need as much coverage! It comes in only 2 shades which is kind of strange, but supposedly they are universal and adapt to your skin tone. I used the light shade and it works perfectly for my NC25 skin. It comes in a sturdy tube with a pump which is super convenient and sanitary. Love this and will continue to purchase forever!
Madison K.
Fredericksbrg, VA
The best ever foundation. Period. I first got it as a sample and fell in love!! The entire bottle lasts so long because you only need one squirt to cover your entire face! I've been using this product for at least 5 years daily and haven't switched up yet!
Corie S.
Gainesville
Review for: light to medium
Living in Florida, I needed to find an everyday BB cream with some decent sun protection- Hello Dr. Jardt BB cream! It has 45 SPF for great sun protection and also has a nice tint. The SPF doesn't irritate my skin like most makeup with SPF does. It's blends in smoothly and doesn't sacrifice creamy coverage for sun protection. I wear this regardless of if I'm going to be in the sun or not because it's a great BB cream. Well worth the price to protect your skin and look good too!
Courtney M.
Savannah, GA
Do you wear any other makeup over this product?
Tiffany M.
How much coverage does this provide? I used to wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but switched to a full coverage foundation during the winter and now LM is too thin and wears off during the day! Heard good things about this one
Marilyn G.
Riverside, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Im trying to use different brands of BB cream, but first I would like to know if these cause breakout? I have really sensitive skin
Jamie M.
Cape Town, SA
Anna L.
I keep reading that this is a good product for dry skin (which I have), my only questions, 1. Will it oxidize (i.e. turn orange-ish throughout the day)? and 2. Is there any flashback due to the high SPF?