BY DR. JART+ #62 in Face Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A green-to-beige color-correcting treatment that corrects redness and helps protect skin from environmental aggressors. Solutions for: - Redness - Uneven skintone - Acne and blemishes Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment is the all-in-one treatment that includes a color-changing capsule within the formula to cover blemishes and restore the look of the skin's strength, health, and vitality. It provides SPF 30 protection from UV light, and it forms a dust barrier to protect the skin from the environment while enhancing the skin's viability. It restores the strength of skin with the resurrection plants, houttuynia cordata and yarrow. It's infused with sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium to help improve the skin's moisture levels and restore fatigued skin for a healthy appearance. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates Cicapair™ Collection is inspired by the true legend of Asian Tigers, rolling in Centella Asiatica to heal their battle wounds. Also known as tiger grass, its medicinal use has been recognized for centuries. For generations, this active ingredient has also been recognized as a recovery system to help support wounded skin exhibiting inflammation, redness, or blemishes. This product is free from 10 harmful ingredients such as artificial fragrance or color, denatured alcohol, triethanolamine, sulfate-based surfactants, triclosan, mineral oil, propylene glycol, and DEA that causes skin irritation. see more...

• Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment...1 Answers
  • I have been wanting to try this product for a while. Is i...2 Answers
  • I have acne prone skin. Will this make my skin worse or h...1 Answers
Liesl G.
Review for: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 more...
This product is perfect if you're 10 years old and trying to convince your mom you're too sick to go to school.  Maybe it's that I'm too pale.  Maybe it doesn't work for cool undertones.  Maybe my skin isn't dehydrated enough to absorb this product properly.  I have no idea but this product does not look natural on.  I have no idea how there are so many reviews of people saying they put this on for their "No makeup days".

I got several samples of this from sephora's website over time and thought it would be a good time for me to try it out for a week and give it a good honest review.  See if it was a product I would like.  I loved the idea of this product including SPF, color correcting, and was very intrigued about the shift from green to beige.  I first used the Dr. Jart, Tiger Grass Re-pair serum, let that soak in while I brushed my teeth and hair (P.S. the serum is A+ and I'm glad you don't have to buy these together).  Then I moved onto this, the color correcting treatment.  I feel like I was victimized, I put a small amount onto my hands and applied this to my face. I started to rub it in and saw it turning from green to beige. Then like half way through it just stopped.  I kept rubbing and rubbing, my skin did not seem to want to accept it and the green tint stayed.  Now the redness was gone but instead it looked like I just spent a fearful night with food poisoning.  All the color was gone from my face and slight green tint suggested I was ill.  Since I was not planning on wearing makeup, I did not leave time to do a full face of makeup.  I hastily threw on some foundation (which I don't know if it was the time crunch but felt like it took forever to blend out), some bronzer and blush to make me look human again.  I felt like someone had put face putty on me everything felt so heavy.  Even with the normal amount of blush and bronzer I just seemed washed out all day.

There are so many reviews where people say this is their holy grail product, I don't want to say they're mistaken, but I am going to say that you should  try to get a sample of this product before buying it.  $51 is just too much to be risking it on.  This product is on sample often at sephore, grab it, try it, maybe you'll love it.  I just personally cannot see how anyone could have this product match their natural skin tone unless your a constantly sea sick sailor.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
Review for: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair (TM) Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL more...
I love most things from Jart, and the ideas behind the formulas. This product came in My Sephora Sun Safety kit (the kit is awesome this year, with great products btw). So, I tried it without moisturizing first to see how hydrating it could be, and no. DEFINITELY MOISTURIZE BEFORE APPLYING! I have mostly oily, sensitive acne prone skin, so I thought it would be ok by itself. But apparently I have dry skin that I didn’t see until I applied this.
I have a small dot of bright redness on the tip of my nose (for a few years now), and I applied this there first, and it looked exactly the same. Then I applied in the other areas of mild redness like my nasal folds and it did decrease the redness there. This product is thick, so I only use a small dallop. It’s hard to spread on unmoisturized skin, but better if you hydrate.
The most important factor for me loving this cream is that it’s spf 30, no cast, and does not make my skin look oily! That’s rare for most sunscreens. It actually mattifies slightly!
I would not put any products over this cream except setting powder or powder foundation, but def no more liquid, because everything with just start accumulating on top. It also evens out the skin tone.

I feel like this is best used on no foundation days, with moisturizer, or for a pool/beach day.
Leslie O.
Nantucket
I got a foil sample of this from Sephora just about the time I was planning to buy facial sunscreen. They had another product by same company that I used first. I tried to buy from Sephora but they were sold out. It was over priced on Amazon, Ulta didn’t sell it and I think I looked at Nordstrom and Macy’s too. I finally found it from Walmart.com. Be aware there is a liquid form. The liquid formula may be good but I wanted the one I had sampled. Love, love love it. Comes in a green glass jar. It is a light avacado green colored semi thick lotion. Not heavy like Euracin. It is a bit more moussy and not at all liquidy. I personally enjoy the slightly medicinal smell. I may be weird but I feel happy when I put this on. I am 56 and have some age spots. I am now taking very good care of my skin. I have used this under Makeup and alone when I go to the pool. It is 30 SPF and I wear a straw hat most of the time but I feel like this stays on well and coats my skin nicely. I will definitely definitely repurchase!
**I forgot to mention that this doesn’t stay green it blends into your skin tone.
Gloria K.
I purchased this because I have redness around my nose and sometimes patchy areas on my cheeks. This face cream is green in the jar, but oxidizes to a neutral color. It has physical sunscreen components in it, which is great for protecting your skin, but I do notice that my face is a slightly lighter shade after applying this. I don't think this face cream color-corrects my redness 100%, but I do notice a difference. (But maybe I don't notice a big difference because my redness isn't that severe?) The finish on this face cream is neutral or slightly on the matte side. And I don't get oily after using this face cream, which is great! A lot of products with sunscreen in it tend to make me oily throughout the day. There is a pretty strong scent with this face cream -- it's kind of herbal-y and I don't mind it, but you might want to smell it for yourself!
Melynda W.
McChord AFB, WA
The first week I used this product I loved it! It came in my Sephora Sun Kit this year. It color corrected and by adding my normal setting powder on top I was ready for a “foundation free” day.

When I buy a kit I am always careful to use only one product at a time until it is gone and then wait a few days to add another in order to see how my skin reacts. As I started week 2, I began to notice several bumps - like black heads but not as dark on various areas of my face! None of these areas are typical breakout areas for me. I suspect there is something in this product that my skin just doesn’t like.

However because I loved the initial results I would be open to giving this product another try before ruling it out completely! It definitely made my complexion nice and even.
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Review for: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair (TM) Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 oz more...
For anyone who doesn't like to wear a lot of makeup but still likes their skin to look even toned and free of redness, this product is for you!!! This stuff literally looks as if you're putting foundation on without it actually being a foundation. It takes away redness INSTANTLY. The only thing I would say is make sure you only use a little bit and pat it onto the skin instead of rubbing. Also make sure you are thoroughly moisturized and exfoliated before putting this on or it will go on a little cakey.
Amanda G.
Grove city, OH
This stuff is amazing my son has very sensitive skin and his skin seems to get these bumps all over it where I can never get rid of the bumps even with prescription lotion. I received a sample of this in my Sephora play box and I used it on his face and literally the next day he woke up in almost all the bumps were gone. He is 12 years old and we have never been able to find any lotions or anything that can decrease the bumps like this has I cannot believe how amazing the stuff is. I really wish I could get the insurance company has to pay for the stuff because it's pricey but it's worth it when it makes him feel so much better because the one thing he self-conscious about this helps with.
jordan r.
Whiteman Afb, MO
This is a key staple in my skin care routine! It works so well on my skin. Mind you i have normal but very dry skin at times and i feel like this doesn't even dry my skin out. It hides redness extremely well. I have some breakouts and redness on my cheeks and i can barely see anything when i apply this. It can be used alone or even as a PRIMER, which is my favorite part! It looks amazing under foundation, matte and dewy foundation! I use it at night with my face routine, and also apply it when i want a really good primer to hide my redness.
Hannah S.
Clinton, MS
Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
I bought this while browsing in Sephora for something to help with my redness without using color correcting concealer (not my thing, honestly) and I came across this! I loveeee this stuff. I have combination skin but it leans towards oily on most days and it stayed on my face really well! It gets rid of my red areas and I don’t even wear foundation most days! I wore it everyday in the summer and it saved my skin! the SPF 30 is a huge plus as well! As soon as Sephora restocks this size (because the 1.5 for around 50 bucks is a bit much) I’m getting a new one!
Tamara R.
Bend, OR
I just want to start by saying HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT THIS. I’m blessed with little acne or other skin issues but I have rosacea and redness like no other due to health problems. During the summer I start to look like Rudolph. I had a friend recommend this to me who told me she had a problem with how thick the cream was and how oily her skin was so if you have very oily skin this cream could be an issue for you. I know they just released a tiger grass serum so that might be your go-to. However I have fairly normal/combo skin and I haven’t had a problem with this cream. It’s changed my life.
Lizzy C.
Tucson, AZ
What’s the best way to apply this? And in the morning or night or both? My mom sent it to me and I just don’t wanna use it wrong :)
Sarah T.
Lakewood, OH
I'm curious about the order of when this should be applied in your beauty routine. Should this be applied immediately after washing your face, after a toner, after moisturized? The second part to my question would be, does it ball up if other products are applied over or under it?
Kristy C.
Abington, PA
Has anyone tried Cicapair under liquid foundation?Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
Katherine W.
How does this product compare to the Dr. Jart ceramidin lotion? Is one better than the other for sensitive acne prone skin?
Felicia J.
Spring Lk Pk, MN
When do you use this? Before primer? After primer? As a moisturizer alone?