BY DR. BRONNER'S #3 in Body Wash

Our most popular scent – with a peppermint burst so pure it tingles! Scented with organic peppermint oil to cool skin, clear sinuses and sharpen mind. Our Peppermint Pure-Castile Liquid Soap is concentrated, biodegradable, versatile and effective. Made with organic and certified fair trade ingredients, packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle. All-One! All bottles now feature our limited-edition “Fair Pay Today!” label, that proudly exclaims our support for raising the minimum wage in the U.S.

Ingredients: Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Palm Kernel Oil*, Organic Olive Oil*, Mentha Arvensis, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Mentha Piperita, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
*CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap & glycerin.

• How well does this liquid soap work?1 Answers
  • Yes Dr. Bonners is awesome to use diluted by itself or if you are...1 Answers
  • I have seen this in stores, what is it for? Is it to wash your cl...5 Answers
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
  • "I scrub my kids from head to toe with it, my husband uses it as body wash, I use it to clean my makeup remover mitt and makeup brushes, we put it in baths, sometimes I even wash my face with it." in 106 reviews
  • "It can be used as a shower gel, the tea tree and peppermint makes a good toothpaste(a little foamy though), shampoo even cleaning.it's highly concentrated so a little goes a long way and at some stores you can bring in your empty bottle and they will refill it at a reduced price so it's creating less waste." in 49 reviews
  • "I use this stuff to wash my face, my dog, my makeup brushes, my tub and pretty much everything else that may need cleaning." in 35 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way, you can use it for everything ( shampoo, dish soap, carpet cleaner, all purpose cleaner etc. )" in 32 reviews
  • "This is an amazing soap because there are so many uses for cleaning around the house, brushing your teeth, or washing your hair." in 31 reviews
Kristin H.
Oakdale, CA
What you put on your body gets absorbed into your body’s systems. Bronner’s soap products were an absolute magical find when I was transitioning from my chemical laden shampoos and body washes to healthier, eco-friendly products. I knew I needed to aim for the purest product with ingredients I could read and understand. Of course I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg, and I wanted a product that was concentrated so it would last a while. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile liquid soaps were the perfect solution. The ingredients include organic hemp oil, organic coconut oil and organic olive oil, all of which leave the skin well moisturized. I love that they come in multiple scents. You may also use it as a laundry detergent, floor cleaner and dish soap. I even use this soap as a body wash and a shampoo when I’m traveling, since it is so versatile. You will love these soaps!
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
Dilute, dilute, dilute!

They aren't kidding--you can keep adding water, and the soap stays, seemingly, the same. This aspect of the product makes it a huge money saver. Other than savings, one can appreciate many other things about Dr. Bronner's--many of which are listed all over the bottle in a cluttered, but eye-pleasing, design. A few neat things I'd like to specifically point out, though, are: 1) the bottles are refillable at a number of locations (organic grocery stores and such), 2) you can use this soap for almost anything (hair care, body wash, dish soap, etc. etc. etc.). Another plus, if you're not impressed already, is that these soaps smell wonderful. My one wish is that they were a little bubblier when you use them as a body wash--specifically to aid in shaving. You can only ask for so much, though, so this soap still receives 5 stars!
Mahsa P.
Washington, DC
This is one of my FAVORITE products. I came across it originally at a health food store and being a lover of all things peppermint - I couldn't resist the smell. It may be pricier than an average (Dove, etc) soap but knowing I'm using quality, natural and organic ingredients definitely trumps all in my book and is worth a couple extra dollars. (Keep in mind this castle soap is usually mixed with water, ACV, etc so you're not using pure castle soap - a little bit goes a long way!) As far as a body soap, Dr Bronners never leaves residue, lathers well, cleans gently and doesn't strip my skin of it's natural moisture. The tingly sensation I get from the peppermint is a bonus and makes me feel so cool in the summertime! This can also be used as shampoo, hand soap, detergent and/or household cleaner.
Banky G.
I wish I could give this soap 10 stars instead of 5. I have really sensitive skin and am allergic to harsh chemicals and this soap has been terrific. Be sure to read the instructions, it really has 18 uses or more! I use it as hand soap, to brush my teeth, do make my own household cleaner, to spot clean stains and for my body and hair. I love the peppermint smell, and even though it is a little harsh for my face, it works well in all of the aforementioned. It is pricey, but I find that if you dilute it it works just as well, and lasts a bit longer. I love it, recommend it and wont use anything else. The unscented variety is great too! My only warning, if you use it with a soap pump, be careful and unclog your dispenser daily with a tissue, otherwise the soap shoots out.
Cole H.
Baltimore, MD
I love, love, LOVE the smell of the peppermint, it's so versatile! It's so convenient, I have tried to use it when I've done a lot of things, like washing dhishes, brushing my teeth, cleaning the kitty litter box, it's been pretty interesting! Showering in the morning, gosh it's wonderful! The peppermint just wakes you up, it's a wonderful way to get my day started.... but with that being said, I wasn't satisfied as using this product as shampoo. After washing my hair, it was kinda weird, like maybe I hadn't washed it out all the way, or maybe my hair isn't compatible ahaha! With that being said, it's a great product, I love it, and even though it didn't work for my hair, doesn't mean it won't work for you.
Jennifer H.
Clinton, MD
I have been using the peppermint soap by Dr. Bronner's for nearly 10 years. I can't say enough about it. This is the ONLY brand of soap I use on my body now, and if I'm not using Dr. Bronner's then I just don't feel clean. I don't just use the soap on my body though, I also use it to brush my teeth, clean my home, wash my clothes, and when I had a dog I used it on him for a bath as well (baby mild scent only). I love that it gets my body squeaky clean. The only downside to Dr. Bronner's is that it take ALL of the oil out of my hair when i wash it. So an excellent conditioner is required after use to get your hair back to its normal pH. I typically stock up on it when its on sale at whole foods for $10.
Julia Z.
Bloomington , IL
This is a really nice soap, and it is effective for multiple uses. I used this, along with the lavender scent, as a body wash in Haiti. I liked that it gently cleaned my skin and left behind a relaxing, natural scent. The peppermint is very cooling since it contains the essential oil. I also used it to hand wash small clothes and muddy shoes every night. Dr. Bronner's is effective as a toothpaste or a shampoo in a pinch, but I wouldn't let it completely replace those items. The soap can seem a bit expensive, but it lasts a ridiculously long time and can be diluted with water. Also, depending on where you live, you can go to a natural food store and refill your bottle in bulk for a cheaper price.
Alexis B.
Peoria, AZ
Alright, so Dr. Bronners is an interesting type of soap. It's not your average, but it seems to work pretty good. The peppermint is a great scent for cleaning or even just a refreshing scent on the body. I have been using it as a face wash and while it's not perfect I feel like my skin isn't hating me as much as it used to! I even used it to clean my toilet and it worked great! I bought a travel size at Target for $1.99 and that seemed like a steal since you don't need a lot. You shouldn't be using it the same way you use regular soap as its super concentrated and different from most of the detergents we use in our everyday lives, but it's a nice natural product that does what it claims.
Leigh R.
I love traveling with this soap because it has so many uses. Need to clean a spot our of a shirt? You're covered. Forgot your shaving cream? No prob. Maybe you need to wash a sippy cup and give Fido a quick lather before taking a nice soak. Done done and done. The best thing about this particular formulation of Dr. Bronner's though is the tingle left behind after you've rinsed off. I used it all through a 7 day vacay in SoCal and Disneyland and it helped soothe and cool tired, swollen legs and feet and sunburned shoulders. Only knocking one star because it does take a bit of effort to properly lather & because this particular scent is no bueno as a face wash (for me at least).
Rachel P.
San Jose, CA
I absolutely love Dr. Bronner's soaps. They are so versatile and do so many different things. You have to "Dilute! Dilute! Ok!" because this stuff is very potent. When you use it as a body wash, seriously only use a SMALL squirt then lather! If you use too much, it WILL try your skin out, but if you don't it is great. Personally, I like to decant it into a small 3 oz bottle with some sweet almond oil mixed in there, shake before each use, so moisturizing!! I'll be making my hand soaps for the bathroom with this once my others are empty, and dish soap as well. I paid $15 for a 32 oz bottle - but it is gonna last forever. Worth every penny. Best stuff on Spaceship Earth!!
Natasha C.
Bloomington, Indiana
Has anyone used this as a shampoo before? I have heard of some people using it as one but I have picky hair...What do you guys think?
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Is this product really that versatile?
Makala H.
Is this a reasonably priced product?
Sadie L.
Los Angeles, CA
I've almost purchased this many times but haven't. What's your #1 go-to use of this product?
Danielle G.
Brownsville, TX
Do this soaps have specific scents labled on them