BY DR. BRANDT SKINCARE

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A skin-recharging magnet mask. Solutions for: - Fine lines and wrinkles - Loss of firmness and elasticity - Dullness and uneven texture If you want to know more… MAGNETIGHT Age-Defier™ is a powerful age-defying facial mask that dramatically transforms the look of your skin by harnessing the power of attraction. The magnetic properties of the iron based formula and magnet help to reduce signs of aging skin and reduce the appearance of stressed skin. Skin is left with the look of magnetically youthful and energized. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates

• Is this product drying at all??2 Answers
  • Is this product good for tightening pores amd reducing fi...2 Answers
  • How good is this do yall recommend this2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Josephine W.
New York
Tried out Dr. Brandt Skincare MAGNETIGHT Age-Defier today. I was reallyy excited to test this out bc I remember seeing ads for it awhile ago and was sooo curious about what it would be like to use it
The product is a dark metallic charcoal and the texture is very soft, smooth and creamy...it feels rich but very light, almost reminds me of a souffle haha
The directions say to apply w the included spatula, which I struggled with since I'm a more hands-on kind of girl. You'll see in my story that I think I applied a thicker layer than intended but it still came off easily!
You leave the mask on for 5-10 min but it doesn't dry out like a clay mask does and when you are ready you wrap the included magnet in tissues and just swipe across your face to remove! You can literally feel the bots of mask being pulled off by the magnet (not painful btw but super cool to experience!) Pro tip: wrap w multiple tissues bc that magnetic cling is strong and your tissue will rip when you're trying to change out for a new one
I was sooo fascinated by the whole thing, and so happy when I was done that this wasn't just a gimmicky mask for fun (though it is fun!) There is some clear post-mask residue, which is intended since the directions say don't rinse w water and to rub it in instead. Def not oily or greasy. My skin felt hydrated and so smooth, like it was already primed and makeup-ready! But you can (and should) follow w the rest of your skincare routine
I'm curious about the science behind this mask, so will def look into it more but in theory the iron powder binds to pollutants on your skin and then the positive charge on the magnet pulls it out 🤷 There's a pretty hefty pricetag ($75 for 3oz) though so I don't see myself dropping bank for a full size anytime soon, esp when the science behind the claims is a little unclear, but I def enjoyed trying this out and the science nerd in me is totally geeking out 🤓
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Ya know? I definitely thought this mask was way more than just a little gimmicky. And it kind of is. But now that I've used it I understand the purpose behind not rinsing.
So I just put it in my under eye area from my inner eye to my outer temple by my hair line. I have extremely oily skin that is very acne prone and almost always broken out. Unless its some sort of clearing, acne, oily skin mask I'm not about to put it all over my face without testing it.
Fortunately I had a place to do that. At 27 I'm getting older and our under eyes never have oil glands and only get dryer with age. Thats why no one breaks out there in case you were curious. So I've been a bit dry there the last year or so so I decided to try it there since that's where we age first and I've started getting small smile lines around the corners of my eyes and lines in my under eyes from no sleep and just dryness there which is super weird considering how excessively oily I really am.
So anyway, I left it on for a bit over 10 min and realized it wasn't even beginning to dry and that it's probably not going to. Wrapped my magnet in toilet paper and went to work. It was just as amazing as the videos. And to see how it clung to the magnet was also amazing. Even when trying to take the toilet paper off it would rip and stay. It was almost like something pretty heavy was all around the edges. And no matter how much i wipe this thing I can't get it clean. It came off with soap and water and a towel for the most part though. Just make sure youre using a strong tissue or toilet paper. My toilet paper isn't cheap (charmin) but its not as thick as a good tissue I suppose.
So anyway it came off easy. Then I looked close and felt my skin. There was like a serum type residue left behind which is exactly why you wouldn't want to wash this off because then that wouldn't be left behind to rub in with whatever skin healthy ingredients it has in it. It rubbed in quickly and sank in fully after a few minutes leaving my under eyes silky smooth. Literally they felt like silk. It felt nice and moisturized and soft but no greasy, oily or heavy. It was great. I noticed that my skin looked a bit less tired and droopy I suppose but its not like it took all semblance of lines away. I don't think anything could. But at this price you almost expect it to.
I don't think I would re purchase unless I seen some pretty major results show up soon. Like within the next 24 hours and that's not likely to happen. But it's important we don't get stuck in the cycle of "it will work with continued use." Masks don't get used like that. We use them once maybe twice a week and thats rare so it needs to have results we can see and feel when we use them.
I do feel some great results and see a little but I just don't know if its worth 3/4 of a hundred bucks to me or if it's even something I could use on the entirety of my excessively oily skin. But I will be sure to give that a try and come back and update. If its been more than a week since I've updated you can assume nothing was better or worse with whole face use and that my review stands as is.
I did a multi masking with GLAMGLOW® Supermud® Clearing Treatment on the rest of my face. I'm thinking now this was a mistake because this mask has to be rinsed and when I do that its unlikely I'm going to be able to keep my eye area dry so its probably going to wash away whatever was left behind unless I can get it to sink in completely. But I wear this mask for an hour instead of the 20 min. I see way more results that way. Most masks you won't be wearing that long and you can't get magnetight wet during or after removal or it defeats its entire purpose so this is not a mask for the multitasking trend that I love so much for specific issues on specific parts of my face.
I think this mask would be best for those with dry and aging skin. Already very mature skin. With no other issues would be ideal.
I don't recommend and I don't deny it has some positives so its entirely up to you whether or not the positives I have explained here are worth it to you to spend that kind of money because we all spend money on things that treat our most bothersome issues and since mine are acne and oil and large pores I just don't see myself spending this kind of money on these results personally again despite how nice my skin feels at the moment.
Just make sure like all high end anything that youre buying from an authorized retailer like the company, sephora or another trusted retailer. People and small sites buy from the black market and although they may look similar you won't ever get the same results and you will end up losing every dollar you spent because of trying to save a few dollars. So unless they can prove where and when they bought it buy it from a reputable and trusted source. The few dollars more it costs is worth tge piece of mind that its the real deal.
Amy M.
First time user of any Dr. Brandt products and I loved it! It’s easy to apply, it smells almost like grapefruit, and you can literally hear and see the mask pulling off. It comes off very easily and leaves like a moisturizer/oil on your face. I wish the spatula was a little so application didn’t take so long. And the price 😬 but if it makes a difference in my skin after a few uses I’ll probably keep using it. Dr. Brandt Skincare MAGNETIGHT Age-Defier
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
This mask is amazing and I’ve never tried anything like it! It was very different then what I’m used to so I wasn’t sure how it was going to work out after I read the instructions. I used the spatula that is provided to apply the mask and it actually worked great at applying a nice even layer. I applied and left on for ten minutes as instructed. Then I used the magnet that is provided and wrapped it in a tissue per the instructions and wiped off the mask. I was very impressed with how easily this removed the mask! It was amazing, it perfectly cleared right off my skin with a simple swipe. You can see the product build up due to the magnet. I continued to do so until my face was cleared of the product and rubbed the remaining into my skin to get the full benefits. It was very easy to use and a very easy cleanup which I was extremely surprised about. The mask does have a slight scent to it which I did enjoy. My skin was left very soft, clean, matte and I definitely see improvement in fine lines. Overall I’m very satisfied at how well this product works!
Samantha A.
Burton, MI
I got this free from Influenster and I feel like it’s kind of gimmicky.
The product is kind of small, and I imagine if you used this mask several times a week, it wouldn’t last you more than a month.
The magnetic does work to take off the product which is cool and different, but I don’t feel it pulled much out of my skin. It also is kind of difficult to get the product off of the magnet afterward because it just clings to the magnet.
I definitely wouldn’t buy this for full price, I don’t feel it did much for my skin at all.
Just an average product.
Hannah P.
berea, KY
A fairly good product, but maybe a bit too gimmicky. The idea of a magnetic mask may be intriguing, however the execution leaves something to be desired. the magnet needs to be covered when removing the mask (otherwise it is near impossible to remove the mask residue from the magnet) but with what you choose to cover it with-I used a paper towel- it doesn’t remove all the mask. And when you do eventually get the mask off there is an almost oily residue left on the skin. Which made want to start over with my whole skin routine that I have set up for myself. If you can male this mask work, then that’s awesome. Didn’t work for me. Won’t be repurchasing.
Christina H.
I love how unique and efficient this product is, I don't always have crazy amounts of time to do my skincare regimen and this is one that I enjoy because you only need to use it 2 to 3 times a week at most to help with detoxifying your skin. The magnet is super cool and fun to use when removing the mask (the mask itself is made of activated tourmaline stone, which is known for its detoxifying and cleansing properties), too. It makes your skin soft and smooth and you feel fantastic after using it. I can't recommend this enough, even though it is a bit pricy (around $65) they also have a mini version at Ulta for around $24 that you can give a try as well before committing to the larger size. Hope this helps!
Arelle K.
Fargo, ND
What a fun product! The packaging is so modern, clean and inviting. The best part is the application and removal...if you are looking for something fun that truly feels like you are pampering yourself it’s a great option. The sensation of the magnet pulling the product off is unreal! I will say while fun, I did not notice much of an actual effect from the product. I purchased the smaller size and probably won’t purchase again unless I truly just have fun money. Dr. Brandt Skincare MAGNETIGHT Age-Defier
Lisa R.
Munster
I have so many mixed feelings about this mask. The first time I tried it, I loved it. Taking it off with the magnet is fun, and it makes your skin have that sort of blur effect like a filter. Then you don’t rinse, you massage it in according to the directions. I was skeptical, but I reluctantly did this step and the film of what was left did not feel good. It felt something like greasy candle wax on my face, and I was supposed to work that into my pores?  The second time I used it, I realized it was breaking me out and leaving my skin with all the white tiny bumps. Not for me.
Jess K.
Mineola, NY
I received this in my Dr. Brandt VoxBox in addition to other fun products.

First I am so confused why the reviews aren’t higher. This mask is amazing! It’s the coolest skincare product I have ever tried and actually successfully works!

This is not a typical mask like what most people are used to so I can see why the reviews are lower. But you have to do your research. Online and even on Sephora it shows you how it works. It’s not meant to dry down because this mask is meant to plump the skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This is not a mask that is supposed to pull gunk out so you can’t rate a product lower when it’s not meant for that. You definitely have to use a thicker tissue paper and really wrap it. I had 0 issues because I researched. I felt the magnets coming off my face and it was the most satisfying thing. My skin was smooth, radiant, and plump. I’m not sure if I would want to spend the $75 for the larger size but I’m considering it with how it made my skin feel. I definitely recommend trying the smaller size first to see how you like before spending the $75. But again I love this!!
Jocelyn V.
Gainesville, GA
I've seen this face mask all around YouTube and it looks so interesting to try and I want to try it out for myself to see what all the hype is about. What exactly does this mask do? I really wanna try it out
Demi C.
Whittier, CA
I hear great things about this mask. Does anyone know of its ok for sensitive skin?
Jennifer W.
Johnson City, TN
Is this worth the price? Does it work?
Tatum B.
Lutz, FL
I've been on a face mask frenzy! Can't wait to try my new Dr. Brandt Skincare MAGNETIGHT Age-Defier and Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask any thoughts on either of them?
Sophie H.
Bath
Is this product good for tightening pores amd reducing fine lines?? Does it clear your skin??