BY DR. BRANDT SKINCARE

This multi-purpose primer goes to work as a velvety base to help blur the look of imperfections and pores, enhancing the appearance of bare skin, as well as prepping it for long-lasting foundation and makeup, in just one step.

Texture:

Velvety cream

Consistency:

Lightweight

Scent:

Fragrance free

Results To Expect:

The essential first step (and last) in every makeup routine, this cult-favorite primer instantly* helps diminishes the appearance of pores, smooths and mattifies skin, and preps it for makeup in one simple step.

• helps minimize the appearance of pores
  • blurs the look of imperfections and lines
  • erases shine and mattifies skin
  • provides an airbrushed finish
  • aids in absorbing excess oil and reduce shine
  • promotes healthy skin
  • acts as a shield to prevent makeup from clogging pores
  • allows for quick touch-ups over makeup to keep shine at bay

Individual results may vary.

After one application:

• 60% reported reduction in the appearance of pores
  • 80% reported less shine

• Tea tree oil
  • Flaxseed extract: Powder extracted from the flaxseed plant that absorbs oil, reduces shine.
  • Microspheres: White fine mineral powder that immediately minimizes the appearance of large pores.

• I own this and have been having issues with it peeling af...1 Answers
  • Is this drying because it has tea tree oil in it?1 Answers
  • I just got a sample of this! Although I like it, I do not...3 Answers
Cherry 🍒.
Bronx, NY
Only reason this review did not receive 5 stars is that I have only tried it for a couple of days and so my review is solely based on this past week of wearing this product. I have been trying out different primers because I believe a good base for your makeup can elevate the longevity and application of your makeup. So I came across this primer and decided to buy it at Sephora. It is inevitable for me to become oily no matter how many oils or matte products I use. No matter how many setting powders, setting sprays, anything I am just bound to become oily. So When I consider a primer I am looking for a few things.

Smell - has a medicated mint smell to it. To me it is refreshing, for someone else they may not be able to handle the smell. It isn't strong though, it's scented, but definitely not strong. Also it goes away once you apply it.

Consistency - creamy texture, very spreadable. Kind of fluffy and a small amount goes along way. Not harsh or too mattifying where it feels like you have been sucked into a desert. Definitely once applied it become matte, but not dry, honestly perfect.

Price - $45 at Sephora, not the price I want to pay but worth it

The photo posted along with this review is unfiltered honey!! In this photo I have been wearing this primer from 6AM to 10PM ! 16 hours!!!!! This is a normal day for me if I am out and about. I wanted to show this picture because it shows that although it claims to reduce shine and pores, it did just that, eventhough I am super shiny and oily. Like I said in the beginning, there is nothing out there that will prevent my oils from seeping through so I look for other things in regards to my makeup products in conjunction with my oiliness. I want to show that my makeup did not move or budge, it stayed in place for 16 hours. My contour is still there, even my eye makeup held up well. I recommend this primer for you oily chicas out there. If you love a good beat FULL face, this primer held my makeup up even with all of the oils seeping through. I am impressed!
Teresa M.
Fort Worth, TX
This is by far my favorite face primer! I have really oily skin and this does its job! I also have large pores and I can’t express how good this primer is! It leaves my foundation looking matte and I love it! Before this I was using the benefit one and I love that one too but this is my go to one and I’m really happy people recommend it to me! Dr. Brandt® Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
Amanda O.
Decatur, AL
I've heard people raving about this primer for so long & have been wanting to try it so bad so when it was in the #ulta21daysofbeauty I had to get it. I've only used it a couple times but so far its been a bit of a let down. I think I would like it a lot more if I didn't have such high hopes from all I've heard of it though. It comes in a tube with a pump. It made my face feel very soft and smooth. It does help blur pores a little but not very much and it doesn't last. After a couple hours most of my pores were the same as usual. I've used this with 2different foundations it looks good I just wish it would last longer. I'm hoping with different foundation it will last longer. I don't think its worth the price 😕
Allison R.
I received this sample with my Sephora points. I’m giving it 3 stars, because sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t. First off, the packaging is sleek and gorgeous. Also, I love the minty, tea tree smell and find it so refreshing! As far as the product itself, it instantly takes away the look of shininess and oil on my skin which I like. However, if I am wearing a matte or full
Coverage foundation I hate the way it looks. It will emphasis my texture and PORES despite the name “pores no more” and dry patches! But if I wear this with a dewy foundation, the two balance our and it looks very nice. I have also been able to use the sample for over a week, which makes me think the bottle would last a very long time if purchased. I could also see this benefitting someone who would like to wear this on a no-make up dat to even out the look of their skin, which would work nicely. I also didn’t see any difference i. Longevity of my makeup. I feel like i also still got oily at the end of the day, despite how drying it look Ike’s under full coverage foundation. All in all, It’s not great, but also not the worst. I think it just didn’t suit my skin that well.
Katarina  R.
Lafayette Hl, PA
I think this is a great blurring primer. It definitely hides pores, especially in the t-zone area. The smell is unique, almost like a Vicks vapor rub. I didn't really like how it was tinted, I thought that was unnecessary. The product goes on super smooth and you have to be gentle with it so it doesn't break up and just sits on top of your skin so it can fill in the pores. I did take off a star though because there are a ton more primers on the market that you can get for much cheaper that do the exact same thing.
Ashley D.
Fort Wayne, IN
I have very oily skin with large pores and have tried literally every primer on the market. Either they make no difference or they only help with one or the other. This one hands down is my favorite because it does both. I work long shifts with full face of makeup and it stays in place and my skin is smooth as porcelain. It also melts into my skin fairly quickly so I don't feel like I have a film on my face like I have felt with other primers. It also smells like tea tree oil which is an added bonus
Rudie T.
Zapata , TX
My absolutely favorite skin primer. It's my everyday go to. It keeps my skin matte which is usually shiny by lunch. My makeup stays put all day long.I like how my skin looks using Benefit Porefessional but i hate how heavy it feels. I end up getting breakouts when I wear it too. My skin looks exactly the same with this, without the weight and greasy feel too. My second tube and my skin actually looks better!!! I have to add a little Becca matte primer if I'm out in summer but it's one of my ride or die choices.
Jasmine B.
This primer reminds me of  BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base in that it has a tint to it; Dr. Brandt's primer is tan but it dries clear.  It's not quite as powdery as Becca's but it helps to blur pores just as well.

It claims to be fragrance free but I can clearly smell tea tree oil.  I only use this primer in my T zone and it does help keep my pores from looking so obvious.  My makeup blends in a lot easier.  With a good setting powder and spray, I am able to remain shine free for almost 7 hours.
Kendal L.
Orange, CA
This has been my go-to primer for a long time now. I received a sample of this item from Sephora and immediately went back to purchase it once I ran out. Great for oily-combination skin types with a tea-tree fragrance. This is great for acne-prone skin and I have been using this product for over a year now. Dr.Brandt website is also offering a 40% off at checkout right now with code: WINTER40

Enjoy friends!
Cassie T.
Fullerton, CA
As far as blurring primers go- it’s fine but there are better ones on the market at a much better price. It does hide pores but I felt I had to use a lot, it makes makeup stick immediately which makes things hard to blend, and I don’t love the deep color. I would choose the Tarte or Benefit versions over this one.tarte Poreless Mattifying PrimerBenefit Cosmetics POREfect Deal! Value Set
Namrata P.
Bartlett, IL
How is this different from Porefessional?
Wilma G.
Rancho Viejo, TX
Is this product good for oily skin??
italiana s.
North Haven, CT
I have huge problem pores. They are worse in the summer months. I have heard lots of people saying this could be a good solution for that.. i have tried MANY others on the market as primers and they just don't do the job right. Anyone have any luck with this, want to be sure before I splurge on this as its pretty steep in price. Thanks!
Danial B.
Does this really minimize the pores?
Claire W.
Greensboro, NC
Should I be buying this right now for my oily skin? Or is it only pore size control?