Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum

by Dr. Brandt Skincare

• Paraben free
  • Sulfate free
  • Phthalate free

Both the immediate and long-term release of the 2% retinol complex improves skin texture and tone, counteracts dullness, redness, and the loss of vitality, and softens the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores.

• helps smooth skin's texture
  • softens the appearance of lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores
  • helps protect against dryness, redness and irritation
  • actively counters dullness and loss of vitality for a healthy, youthful glow

Texture:

Serum

Consistency:

Medium weight quick absorption

Scent:

Fragrance free

Results To Expect:

The time-released serum allows the product’s powerful 2% retinol complex to deliver immediate and long-term effects overnight—with no downtime. In addition to improving the appearance of skin’s firmness, texture and tone it leaves dull skin bright and revitalized.

Active Retinol Time-release Complex (Short and Long Term Time-release Retinol): Helps improve the look of skin texture and tone; helps minimize lines and wrinkles.
Hydra-balance: A combination of Lemon Tree Honey, Phospholipids and an Amino-acid help to hydrate the skin
Olivactive:  Contains antioxidant properties; helping to reduce the appearance of redness and irritation; and help protect skin against oxidative stress.

Water, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isoamyl Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Shea Butter Cetyl Esters, Triheptanoin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Retinol, Glyceryl Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Betaine, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Limonene, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Maslinic Acid, Lysolecithin, Phenylpropanol, Bht, Sodium Phytate, Dimethiconol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mel (Honey/Miel), Pectin, Phospholipids, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil.

Does this ever dry/ peel your skin out? I worry it will be too intense on my skin!
Have you found this product to be worth the buy? How does it feel on your skin?
What exactly does this help with? I need help with smoothing my fine lines and texture out on my face. I saw a video of Manny MUA recommending this for that, and wanted to know if that has been everyone else’s case. Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum
Start your review of Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum!
Tulsa, OK
Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum uploaded by Norquis S.
Purchased at: Macy's
Feels so relaxing and cooling on the skin. I apply it after I wash and tone my face, but before I apply my moisturizer. This is a heaven-sent, my skintone is more even now and my acne scars are fading away. A little goes a long way, but it is pricey.
Lyles, TN
I bought this because MANNYMUA was telling everyone in his YouTube video that it worked great for pores and texture. It was pricey and I don’t feel like it has done much for my skin. I love perricone Serums so I would recommend those instead of this.
Chesapeake , VA
I’ve been using nightly for a few weeks now and I really like it. I do wish had a nice smell to it but definitely not a deal breaker since it helps improve fine lines and wrinkles. I wish it were a little cheaper.
Fort Belvoir, VA
Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum uploaded by Chayya Bee B.
Ive been using the @drbrandt 2% retinol Complex serum whose claim is to give your skin new life every night so it looks youthful everyday. When i tell you this leaves my face feeling so smooth ive noticed a major change in the texture as well,its much more smoother and and chilllllllleee i am GLOWING!!! I absolutely love this stuff.
Fort Collins , CO
This product saved my skin! After turning 30, I wound up getting adult acne. Ugh. I got a sample of this and started noticing improvement right away. I started putting it on every other night first and then graduated to every night. Every morning my blemishes are noticeably smaller than the night before and I've seen great improvement in my overall skin and pores. I'm almost completely clear. I'm now using a full sized and one pump is plenty. Also it's moisturizing enough to where I don't always need to put on a moisturizer on top of it, even with the retinol.
Smyrna, GA
I can tell a difference after using this. I believe Dr. Brandt's products are what have been diminishing my forehead wrinkles! They're not gone by any means, but they have definitely decreased. This product is yellow and kind of leaves some yellow on your pillow, but it works!
Baltimore, MD
I can't really talk to how the product works but the dispenser is awful.  I have been through 3 different orders and each one the pump was broken.  It's very frustrating for the cost of this product.  I would not recommend.
632 LPGA BLVD UNIT B Daytona Beach, FL
Very bright yellow which I'm told a good retinol should be. I'm not a fan of the smell though. Its not horrible or intolerable or anything, I'm just not a fan at all. My skin doesn't burn using it, its very soft. I use it in the morning and at night. Always put sunscreen on in the morning after applying this.
Lake Odessa, MI
Love this product! Works great and it goes a long ways! The packaging is nice and the product goes in very smoothly. It’s not too harsh on your skin and makes you feel like you’re glowing all day! Recommend!
DeKalb , IL
I used it for a month and didn't notice a difference. My skin was a little smoother but I think there are other great products out there at the same price point!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Cedar Creek, TX
a year ago
KATHRYN C. • a year ago
Retinol is a miracle ingredient! It’s basically vitamin A, what it does is increase cell turnover, so yes it will help with texture issues. Retinol has been around since forever and it has stood the test of time, dermatologists always recommend this for anti aging. 2% is a good concentration to start, however- after you wash your face and tone (or don’t tone) wait 15 minutes for your skin to dry before applying! This will reduce irritation as your skin becomes used to it. :) try it out I wish I had photos for proof but this stuff works!