Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum

by Dr. Brandt Skincare

• Paraben free
  • Sulfate free
  • Phthalate free

Both the immediate and long-term release of the 2% retinol complex improves skin texture and tone, counteracts dullness, redness, and the loss of vitality, and softens the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores.

• helps smooth skin's texture
  • softens the appearance of lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores
  • helps protect against dryness, redness and irritation
  • actively counters dullness and loss of vitality for a healthy, youthful glow

Texture:

Serum

Consistency:

Medium weight quick absorption

Scent:

Fragrance free

Results To Expect:

The time-released serum allows the product’s powerful 2% retinol complex to deliver immediate and long-term effects overnight—with no downtime. In addition to improving the appearance of skin’s firmness, texture and tone it leaves dull skin bright and revitalized.

Active Retinol Time-release Complex (Short and Long Term Time-release Retinol): Helps improve the look of skin texture and tone; helps minimize lines and wrinkles.
Hydra-balance: A combination of Lemon Tree Honey, Phospholipids and an Amino-acid help to hydrate the skin
Olivactive:  Contains antioxidant properties; helping to reduce the appearance of redness and irritation; and help protect skin against oxidative stress.

Water, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isoamyl Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Shea Butter Cetyl Esters, Triheptanoin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Retinol, Glyceryl Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Betaine, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Limonene, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Maslinic Acid, Lysolecithin, Phenylpropanol, Bht, Sodium Phytate, Dimethiconol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mel (Honey/Miel), Pectin, Phospholipids, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil.

Does this ever dry/ peel your skin out? I worry it will be too intense on my skin!
Have you found this product to be worth the buy? How does it feel on your skin?
What exactly does this help with? I need help with smoothing my fine lines and texture out on my face. I saw a video of Manny MUA recommending this for that, and wanted to know if that has been everyone else’s case. Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum
Start your review of Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum!
Savannah, GA
Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum uploaded by Leidi R.
I got this product a few days ago and it has done wonders to me. It's really soft and feels really nice when I put it on. My face feels softer and not as dry anymore. I used to have some red spots around my nose, but not anymore. My pores looks smaller too. Very happy with this purchase
Indianapolis, IN
I love anything and everything with retinol. Dr brant also never disappoints so this was a must try. It is recommend for all skin types but oily - but not sure why. this is a gel like consistency so it absorbs quickly (still not understanding why its not meant for oily skin). I have been loving this since i have tried it and cant wait to see more results from this product.
new brighton , PA
Oh, Dr Brandt! How I love thee! This product , literally retextured my skin, making my pores and fine lines diminish. I have not met a Dr Brandt product that I have not fallen in love with! It does not get all the fever that the latest greatest highlighter gets, but it makes that highlighter look a million times better, by having a great foundation of skin to work with
Riverside, CA
Delivering this product and I recommended for everybody who think that they’re getting thin lines and wrinkles on her face they really need to try this in the night and please where the sunscreen is in the in the day if you don’t wear the sunscreen then you going to damage your skin a lot.
West Palm Bch, FL
I have been using this for over a month a don't notice much of a difference in my fine lines or firmness of my skin, but I have noticed the dark spots and unevenness on my chin has improved a lot. I use this every night and don't have any irritation or dryness at all. The texture is a little weird - somewhere between a serum & lotion, and its got a bright yellow color. A little does go a long way though, one pump is enough for my whole face. Maybe I am not using enough? I am going to try an extra pump to add more product to my face and see if that boosts anymore results. I will use the whole bottle though to give it a real chance to see what it can do for me.
Hephzibah, Ga
Dr. Brandt® 2% Retinol Complex Serum uploaded by Lisa H.
Came rancid very bad.. The color isn't at all as it SUPPOSED to be, ordered in October, sent emails, made phone calls problem has still not be resolved. Customer service well there isn't any apparently I cannot get my expensive problem resolved. It's disheartening as this was my very first purchase from Dr.brant and will be my last💔
Orlando, FL
Expensive! Retinols are amazing for your skin but if you really want to see results, go to your dermatologist and ask about getting an actual prescription for a real topical retin-a cream. It makes a huge difference. I wouldn't spend $60 on this cream when you can get the real deal for cheaper through a dermatologist.
Orlando, FL
This product is actually good for all skin types , it helps with the fine lines the appearance if pores and give you a healthy look , it's a medium weight and absorbs fairly quick but if you are looking fir a product with Retinol this is not for you it's not a 2% Retinol it's Retinol complex which means a mixture , brands do it all the time to sell .
Scottsdale, AZ
I received a sample of this product and I absolutely loved it. The only downside is that I found out that Dr. Brandt isn't cruelty-free, which is why I took a star off and that is also the reason why I won't be purchasing the full-size product. This product does work well but there are similar products on the market that don't test on animals.
Dover, PA
I received a sample of this from Sephora, it's pretty tiny so I'm about to run out but I fell in love! Retinol a are one of my favorite products to use at night since I suffer from acne, enlarged pores and fine lines. This serum evens my skin tone, reduces the size of my pores and regenerates my skin. It's a bit pricey but not as bad as some other retinol serums I've used. It also has a high concentrate of retinol so be careful if you have sensitive skin and ease into use first!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Cedar Creek, TX
a year ago
KATHRYN C. • a year ago
Retinol is a miracle ingredient! It’s basically vitamin A, what it does is increase cell turnover, so yes it will help with texture issues. Retinol has been around since forever and it has stood the test of time, dermatologists always recommend this for anti aging. 2% is a good concentration to start, however- after you wash your face and tone (or don’t tone) wait 15 minutes for your skin to dry before applying! This will reduce irritation as your skin becomes used to it. :) try it out I wish I had photos for proof but this stuff works!