Dr. Barbara Sturm

2 star

1 star

5.00 / 5 star rating
5 / 5
No more orange looking skin this brush as it says can be use dry or damp and it helps alot by massaging area with your body oils and i feel it working by doing circles massages in the area and over a month now and by using body oils im seing results a difference into a tone skin and firm legs.😊🎉💥
4.00 / 5 star rating
4 / 5
I bought this when it came out and there was just one to choose from. Apparently now there is a soft and a medium version. I have several different dry brushes in different styles and I like to use whichever one is easiest for my pain level that day. This one is nice because it’s compact and has the strap where you can put your hand to glide instead of having to hold on to a long handle. I love dry brushing because it is good for detoxing, promoting blood circulation and lymph flow in the tissues, which in turn enables the removal of waste to help smooth and tighten skin. This brush is made with natural bristles and can be used for dry massage or in the shower for a gentler treatment, which I’ve never tried with any brush. Dry brushing is also great for exfoliation, so I prefer to do it standing in the tub before I shower. It does hurt at the beginning and it takes some getting used to. Especially if you have sensitive skin like I do. My skin is extremely red and a bit tender when I’m done. Part of the redness is from blood circulation, which is a good thing. Now here’s why I put the * in the title. Dr. Sturm says this will tighten the skin in targeted areas such as the thighs, abdomen and buttocks. Also, she claims that when used regularly it “firms the skin and prevents the formation of cellulite.”. I am always weary of anti- cellulite claims. I suppose if you start dry brushing BEFORE you have ANY form of cellulite that it’s conceivable you may be able to prevent formation by consistently “breaking up” fatty deposits in cellulite prone areas?? But, it’s always been my understanding that cellulite is inevitable, no matter how healthy you are, no matter how much you work out, etc. So, I definitely recommend dry brushing because it has many health benefits and I do like the ease of this brush, but I’m not sure about the “anti- cellulite” part. I would love to be proven wrong though! Since there are two densities of bristles now, if you have sensitive skin, get the light, if you don’t and want a deeper massage then get the medium. And remember, you must be consistent for this to work. Happy brushing!
5.00 / 5 star rating
5 / 5
i bought this because i wanted to start dry brushing and i really like it!! dry brushing is super easy to add into your routine & this one is really nice to use. sure there are cheaper ones you can find, but this one looks great on your counter & feels really high quality. none of the bristles have fallen out yet and i’ve been using it for months! i really like the feel of the bristles- they’re not too rough but do the perfect amount of exfoliation