Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask uploaded by Tamara P.

BY ORIGINS

This creamy treatment mask with Cordyceps and Reishi mushrooms along with Ginger, Holy Basil and Turmeric instantly reduces visibly redness, blotchiness and reactivity. And a unique blend of marine algae and moisture-replenishing plant extracts helps revitalize and restore luminosity to stressed skin and rebuild a protective barrier to help avoid future flare-ups. Leaves skin calm and comforted. Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask see more...

Nehal T.
Dublin, CA
This mask claims to rapidly reduce visible redness, blotchiness and reactivity – the perfect anecdote for my irritable, sensitive skin. The magic ingredient, allegedly, is mushrooms (which you will no doubt have gathered from the name), which Dr Weil maintains are essential for the well-being of your skin, and play a particularly crucial role in the reduction of inflammation.Does it work? No. Or rather, not in the way I expected/wanted it to. The first time I used it I felt like I did see a slight improvement the next day, but I’m not sure if that was just me willing it to work, or if my spots were just on their way out and so were less red anyway. The subsequent times I used it I saw no reduction in redness, and whilst it didn’t prevent me from getting more spots, my skin did feel soft and hydrated. However, this is probably because you don’t wash the mask off, you tissue it off – so it leaves a film of product on your skin.
Anna L.
Baton Rouge, LA
I received this as a free sample from Origins with a few of their other mega-mushroom products. I have only used it when my skin has a redness flare up and I would say it works about 50% of the way. I haven't noticed a dramatic improvement in the redness of my skin, but it does help to decrease some of the inflammation once it starts.
Maggie M.
Sacramento, CA
This mask is awesome!!! I love using this after using a detox mask to help calm and hydrate the skin. It helps reduce the redness on my face which I absolutely love!! The only con about this product is that there aren’t any directions on how to use this product so I typically use it as an overnight mask and it works wonders
Alex S.
Memphis, TN
I seriously just love Origins so much. I love that they make their face masks in little pods so that you can test a few out! This wasn't one of them, but after testing a few out and realizing that the DEFINITLEY know what they're doing, I tried this guy out and it was my favorite by far! I have really embarrassing adult acne and this really helps sooth those irritations and calm down the redness.
Tori Y.
Alamo, CA
This is a good face mask but it’s not great. It’s super moisturizing but I feel like it kind of leaves a residue after I use it. I also feel like it doesn’t help that much with redness. I find it a little pricey and not as effective as I would have thought it would be.
Elaine Z.
['NORTH YORK', "['NORTH YORK', '']"], ON
I love other mask from origin while this is the worst one i have tried so far. it's intended to reduce redness and for sensitive skin, but it makes my redness more severe after using it, especially after shower. i hate the smell, it's like chinese traditional medicine, will not buy again. btw I think I'm allergic to this series' eye serum / face toner as well, even thought this entire line is supposed to reduce redness
Alex S.
Moreno Valley
It's a redness relief face mask! Did it calm and soothe my tired skin? Yes it did. Is it worth the $40? Hmm not really but I do like to buy the. 34 ounce $4 packs from sephora to treat my skin every once in a while. I do wish the small packs came with instructions since it doesn't say how long to leave it on for or if you need a thin or thick layer and I tried looking for instructions online but there was no luck.
Prajakta S.
Wheeling, IL
I have sensitive skin and a little redness. I was looking for a holy grail product under 50$ and got this after reading the wonderful reviews. The product worked well the first time I used it but after a few more uses I did not see much difference. The redness was still visible and I eventually stopped using it. This product did not work for me. I also felt it is a little pricey since it did nothing to my skin.
Adriana L.
sullivan, IN
I really love this. The texture is smooth, the scent pleasant and not overdone, and it's not to messy. I've bought this a few times over the last few months and find myself going to re-click it a lot. It's a little pricier than some of the others so I don't use it solely, but it's a nice little addition to my routine every few weeks.
Cami D.
Raleigh, NC
I use this mask as a hydrating treatment when my skin is irritated or having a dry episode. It is great for the time of the year that the heat comes back on. I wish it did leave a more hydrating residue when you tissue it off, but I know you can leave a layer on at night, but I don't want to get any on my sheets...
Carrie S.
Placerville, CA
do you like the fragrance?