BY DPHUE #92 in Shampoo

A gentle apple cider vinegar hair rinse. Put your hair on a cleanse with Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse. It gently removes impurities from your hair and scalp without stripping the natural oils essential to the hair's health. Infused with ingredients like argan oil, fire tulip, lavender extract, and aloe vera, it leaves hair noticeably softer and shiner. With color locking technology and proteins that can triple the strength of each strand, this cleanser is unique. Whether you wash your everyday or once a week, it can be worked into your routine as a shampoo and conditioner substitute that'll will leave your strands looking healthy, vibrant, and restored. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is color safe, cruelty-free, and free of gluten.

Buy on Sephora*
KelliDelirium D.
Princeton, IN
ISo starting off I'd like to mention that the over all look of this product is pleasing to the eyes. You can leave it on your sink or tub and it wouldn't be an eyesore.
Now I have shoulder length, wavy, color treated hair and I'm a big fan of shampoo substitutes, I've used powdered substitutes in the past but they stripped my hair of color after one use so I was very eager to try this.
The bottle says odorless but it's apple cider vinegar so there is no way it could be completely odorless so I wish they would've just left that off the package.
I followed the instructions and rinsed it completely but getting out of the tub and removing the towel from my hair I noticed my hair felt really heavy and just unpleasant to touch. I decided to blow dry it on low to see how that works out but still it felt heavy and unpleasant. I've noticed my brush isn't going through my hair as easily as it did before hand that is a problem for me being super tender headed. I'd also like to mention that I didn't expect my hair to bleed out into the water while using this but once I got out i noticed my bath water was just as purple as it is when I use shampoo so I was pretty disappointed with that.
This was only my first time using this product so maybe I'll have better results after trying it again and letting it air dry along with styling it.

Edit: I've straightened my hair after using it the first time and my hair still feels heavy and I can not stand to touch it. Usually after I wash my hair and then straighten it my hair has volume but after using this it's flat:/
Sam F.
Lexington, KY
I was really excited to try this product but was initially afraid it would have a lingering vinegar smell or would leave my hair greasy, but it did neither!! This rinse is REALLY good and no lingering smell!! I like to use this product in place of my weekly shampoo/conditioner and I also like to use this product as a "in between cleanse" if my hair is feeling greasy/dull. I color treat my hair and go several days between washes and this rinse helps to get rid of any extra build up but also conditions a little more beyond a clarifying shampoo. To use, I simply made four parts in my hair and ran the tip of the bottle along the part lines! Pro tip: the formula is watery, so it comes out fast! Lean your head back while using so it doesn’t get in your eyes! Then I simply massage the formula into my scalp and let it sit for about 3 minutes before massaging in one last time (just to make sure I get ALL the gunk out), then rinse! SUPER easy to use. Afterwards my hair feels extremely clean, soft and shiny! I would recommend this product to anyone who has color treated hair and is looking to preserve their color longer or to anyone looking for a great shampoo alternative! I would definitely purchase this again!!
Marie H.
Wadsworth, OH
I received this product for free from Influenster. For reference, I have medium length, fine, straight, chemically lightened hair. This product definitely works better than plain ACV from the grocery store. The smell isn’t as strong and I love the bottle it comes in. It did leave my hair feeling very soft and I was able to come through it very easily even without using conditioner. I styled my hair like I normally do after showering: with root lifting spray, a heat protectant spray, and argan oil on the ends of my hair. I blow dried like normal. I typically wash my hair every 3-4 days. I know I’m going to have to wash again after 1 day using this product. My hair just doesn’t feel as clean. I know the point of this product is to not strip away the healthy oils, but you can see from the picture of my hair that it looks pretty greasy just after blow drying. I will continue to use this product but I don’t think I’d buy it again unless I have better results with continued use.

Update: I’ve used this twice now and my hair feels better after the second time! Way less greasy. I’ll probably use the whole bottle up and see if I want to purchase it. I’m definitely more impressed than I was at first.
Linda L.
Tamarac, FL
I've heard of people using apple cider vinegar to wash hair but I've always been skeptical of it. I also don't like my hair smelling like sour vinegar. dpHUE ACV Rinse definitely changed my mind. It doesn't smell at all after you fully rinse it out. There is no lather so don't expect it to work like regular shampoo.It's just like water, you simply pour the liquid onto your scalp and let it drip down. The instructions say to part your hair using the tip. My hair is fine, thin and there isn't a lot of it so that's easy to do for me. My hair is quite long so after I massage some of the ACV Rinse into my roots, I lift my ends up and massage all of my hair together on the top of my head.I have very oily hair after a day of washing and because I do Hot Pilates, the sweat and build-up causes me to want to wash my hair everyday but because I lose a lot of hair I don't want to do that. dpHUE is perfect for those days in between when I just want to get the grime out but don't need a full shampoo and conditioner. The ACV Rinse leaves my hair very soft and manageable. I can't say I feel super clean afterwards, it kinda feels like an oil based cleanser and takes me a while to feel like I fully rinsed it out. Not a lot of volume in my hair after use either. Definitely still a stretch from an actual clarifying shampoo. Worth a try though!
Odi G.
Before using this product, I hadn't washed my hair in about three days. I was worried about whether it would actually work to clean my hair as well as my shampoo/conditioner. My hair is curly/wavy and super thick . The bottle said "a little goes a long way", but I have so much hair that I was worried it wouldn't work as well. When using it, I pumped a lot of it on my hair. It did smell a little like vinegar, so I was also worried that it would leave my hair smelling like vinegar (I'm super skeptical about new products obviously). When I got out of the shower I did not use my usual leave in conditioner and argan oil that I usually use because I wanted to see what the rinse would do to my hair on its own. I did feel that my hair was soft out of the shower as if I had used conditioner. When I woke up this morning, my hair was curly which usually happens after using those products that I put in my hair after my shower. It does not smell like vinegar; there's not really a smell, it just smells clean. My hair does feel thick and dense, but my hair is already thick, so I don't know if the rinse had anything to do with it. I'd like to use it a couple more times to see how well it'll work with more use, but this is my first impression. I'll definitely keep using it!
Katelyn M.
Romeoville, IL
I got this via Influenster to try out and I admit I was pretty skeptical and a little intimidated. I know APV has a ton of amazing benefits but I’m pretty sensitive to the smell of vinegar... not a fan to put it lightly. I still have it a go & I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn’t an overpowering vinegar scent. I could still smell it faintly - my nose is sensitive to it, but it doesn’t linger or leave your hair smelling like APV. It’s liquid but has a soft almost gel like feel. It did well at clearing oils and product build-up from my scalp. Price point wise it’s pricey for the amount of product. I have long hair and a lot of it so it takes a good amount of product every use. I assume I’ll get around 5 uses out of the entire bottle. My biggest “con” is that technically this is designed to replace your shampoo AND conditioner. I typically wash my hair 1-2 times a week, minimal heat styling, and it is color treated. That being said I wouldn’t skip my conditioner on the ends. My hair would be left dried than I prefer. All in all it’s a good product and worth a try, but I won’t say it’s going to be a new staple in my routine.
Brandi N.
Tallahassee, FL
I remember the first time I read about the dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse product from a Kourtney Kardashian interview and I had to try it! I already live by drinking Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and water daily as part of my fitness routine so I know the health and beauty benefits behind Apple Cider Vinegar in general!

After the first time using it I told a few girlfriends they absolutely HAD TO HAVE IT! I swear every woman should have this in their regimen once to twice a week!! I love love the product and often use it as a gift to woman I adore! It helps lock in my natural oils and most importantly it helps repair my hair from build up after all the years of products and hair coloring usage. Thank you @dpHUE!
Jocelyn W.
Lincoln
I received this product in the Fall ‘17 FabFitFun box. I was really excited to try out this product, but it ended up not working well for my 2C curly hair. It left my hair feeling very dry, and my curls tangled.

I also felt like it was kind of difficult to apply. Most of the product ran off of my scalp and down my neck before I could really start massaging my scalp. It did leave my scalp feeling cleaner and less oily looking, and it didn’t seem to affect my curly hair.

The scent of this product can be off putting at first, but I didn’t find that it lingered in my hair after my shower.

I would not buy this product on my own. I feel that $35 is pretty steep for a product that didn’t have amazing results.
Stacey W.
Since I use so many hair products, I was excited to receive something which cleanses the hair with natural apple cider vinegar. It does not stink like ACV, and has Argan Oil, Fire Tulip, and Lavender Extract .The thought of restoring the PH levels is very appealing to me. I feel like this is a niche product which actually is needed on a normal basis. I actually have Cinderella Hair keratin bonded extensions. They recommend sulfate-free products. I cleansed the part of the hair where the keratin bonds are  attached to the scalp with this product. I am pleasantly surprised. I feel like I was able to get my hair cleaner than with my usual Big Sexy Hair blonde shampoo. My hair feels soft, was easy to straighten, and feels more lightweight since it is not full of so much product. There are only 2 reasons for a non-five star review: 1) I don't think I would pay $35 retail for this product. I received it in my vox box. I would pay $20, but no higher. 2) Even though the bottle says to use a little bit, I found myself using almost 1/4 of the bottle to feel the full cleansing effect. Side note; I have chemically treated multi-color blonde (slightly end-damaged) hair with bonded extensions ( as mentioned above). I would still recommend this product if $35 is your personal acceptable price range.
Juls B.
Austin, TX
To be honest, this product was not for me. I applied it in my hair as directed, massaged it in and washed it out. I was also disappointed with all the extra ingredient in the bottle. Definitely not all natural, a lot of extra chemicals added, my hair was still greasy and didn't feel good to touch. I attached a photo of how greasy my hair looked after I used the product and blow dried my hair. Just wasn't a good experience. I had to use dry shampoo after using this since I didn't have time to take another shower and dry my hair.
Brittany D.
Kermit , WV
Does this really work? Looks amazing would love to try #Applecidervinegarhair #ACV
michelle p.
Do you use this as a final rinse? or in place of shampoo or,conditioner? .
Erin D.
Rochester , NY
Does this help dandruff or dry scalp?
Hanna I.
Lebanon, OR
I need to try this stuff! Where did you purchase it from? And is it availble online? Thanks Hanna- XoXo
Lindsay S.
I want to try this for my scalp but my question does it have a strong vinegar smell the smell of vinegar makes me sick