BY DOWNY #76 in Fabric Softener

Finally, deodorant for your clothes! Downy Fresh Protect April Fresh In-Wash Odor Shield keeps you smelling great all over. Motion-activated fresheners neutralize bad odors with a fresh scent as as you move through your day. Perfect for activewear, first-date outfits, or any time you need to smell wonderful from head to toe.

• How long does the smell last in clothes or towels? 1 Answers
  • How does this brand compare to Gain 3 Answers
  • Is this safe for a septic tank? I know I can put it in my high ef...2 Answers
Christine D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love this odor defense from Downy! It cleans the clothes odor really good. A little does go a long way, if youu put too much in the washer it may stay on your clothes. Also don't put this in your liquid dispenser or dryer.
Rafi M.
Jacksonville , FL
I love this product . I use it when I wash my delicate clothes and when I do my toddler clothes. It smells great however sometimes using too much product will make me sneeze but still I love the smell and it’s not very expensive
Shikha W.
['Pensacola', ''], FL
I loved this product, the solid beads are so easy to use unlike other liquid fabric softeners. Needs to be put in the washer at the beginning of the wash. I really loved the smell of my clothes after washing with Downy fresh Protect. Even my room was smelling great after I brought my clothes from the laundry. I would be using this more often for towels, bedsheets and comforter. I got this product as a free sample from Walmart but I will definitely buy a full size product. I would recommend using this product.
Mia P.
I really like this product. I use these when I wash my sheets and towels. I change my sheets each week and can smell the wonderful fresh smell of Downey all week on my sheets. My towels continue to smell fresh all week. The Downey Fresheners are a bit expensive, I would always watch for coupons or use the Digital Coupons from Dollar General. This is a great product!!
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I am a weirdo because I really enjoy doing laundry. I think washing and folding clothes can be relaxing and hugging the warm ones is even greater now that a product like this exists! Smells so good and stays in the clothing for a good long while. Nice product Downy! Downy Fresh Protect April In-Wash Odor Shield, 19.5 Ounce
Kelly H.
Bristow, VA
I have used different in wash scent boosters before and thought they were okay. When I received a sample of this I was hesitant to try, but so glad I did. This in-wash odor defense is outstanding. The scent last's and can be smelled on my items even when they sit in the closet for a few days.
Ashley J.
One of my jobs is working as a barista at Starbucks.....and boy can I tell you that my clothes STINK! I love these because it really gets that smell of coffee and sour whipped cream off my clothes I would highly recommend if you work in the food and bev industry!
Jazmin W.
I received this in my #GoddessVoxBox and I absolutely loved it! I really love the concept of deodorizing clothes while they are washing; it is an innovative and effective idea. They are easy to sprinkle inside of a front load washing machine and they dissolve quickly while in the washing machine. I also only use half a pack per load. When I take my clothes out of the washing machine, there is a noticeable difference. Usually there is a hint of detergent and I rely on the dryer sheets to add a little more scent to my clothes, but now my clothes smell wonderful straight out the washing machine! My whole laundry room smells great. They smell even better out of the dryer once the clothes are dry. I don't even need to put the clothes up to my nose to get the scent, it just lingers and makes any room I am folding in smell great. My whole room smells amazing for days after washing my bedding and everywhere I go I smell great. The scent really lingers for a long time and I love it. I would recommend these to anyone.
Sadie E.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is great to use for towels or anything that a lot of people in your house use. Like rags and hoodies, gloves, scarves, all that. I like to use it only for my bath towels and kitchen hand towels, it leave them smelling fresh and ready to use! Definitely worth the price.
Amanda S.
I love adding this product to my laundry. I have always liked the april fresh scent because it reminds me of my childhood. It feels comforting and homey to me. I like the fact that my clothes carry this scent much longer than with using the dryer sheets only.
Kandis H.
How does this brand compare to Gain
Rebecca F.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Is this safe for a septic tank? I know I can put it in my high efficiency washer just am not sure about the septic tank.
Rebecca B.
Bedford, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Are there any other ways this product can be used? (Besides in the washer)
ShaNa M.
Mckinney, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
How long does the smell last in clothes or towels?